Top 10 Most Anticipated Fall 2024 Movies

Top 10 Most Anticipated Fall 2024 Movies

The summer movie season is almost done, that means the fall movie season is almost upon us. There’s some very interesting movies to be excited for this fall. What are the movies that I’m excited for? Here’s my 10 most anticipated movies of Fall 2024. Let’s get started!


10. Saturday Night (October 11th, 2024): This is one that we don’t have a trailer for, but the premise alone and the talent involved has me very curious. This is a movie about the events leading up to the premiere of Saturday Night Live in 1975 and what happened. It’s directed by Jason Reitman who directed Ghostbusters: Afterlife, which I loved and I thought it was great. He’s directed some more dramatic films that have been Oscar nominated, so this could be another Oscar nominated film from him. The cast here is great, there’s a lot of familiar faces like Dylan O’Brien, J.K. Simmons, and Willem Dafoe. Some new up and comers like Gabriel LaBelle who was in The Fabelmans. It’s one of those movies that seems interesting enough that I’m curious to check it out and see if it’s any good. Hopefully we get a trailer soon so I can see what the movie is actually like.  


9. Here (November 1st, 2024): This is the latest film from Robert Zemeckis. He’s been pretty up and down over the last several years, his Pinocchio movie from 2022 wasn’t good. But he’s also directed some great movies like Back to the Future, Forrest Gump, and Cast Away that are great movies. There’s also that hope that maybe the next Zemeckis movie can be a great movie. This feels like a full on Forrest Gump reunion where it has the same director, screenwriters, composer, and it stars Tom Hanks and Robin Wright. That group of people came together to make the Best Picture winner, Forrest Gump 30 years ago. They’re coming back to make this movie, you have to have this one on your radar. What makes the film intesting is it tells the love story of Hanks and Wright’s character but the camera is in the same spot of the house the entire movie. You’re seeing this house, this relationship from one camera in one point of view. That’s an interesting way to do a movie, the trailers look cool and different. There is some hesitancy when Zemeckis has a new movie, but it sounds good so I’m excited. 


8. We Live in Time (October 11th, 2024): This is a new romantic dramedy starring Andrew Garfield and Florence Pugh. The premise looks like it follows a pretty typical rom-com set-up of these two people that encounter each other through odd circumstances, fall in love. But you watch the trailer and you see there’s this heart to the film, about learning to cherish the moments with each other. And explore how their unfortunate encounter is actually a love story. Romantic comedies seem to be making a comeback over the last several years, this is another one in that mix. But by the trailers, it doesn’t seem like your typical romantic comedy. Of course, Garfield and Pugh are great talents so you know they’re going to be good. It seems like Pugh is doing a great job of picking her projects since joining the MCU. She’s worked with Christopher Nolan and Denis Villenuve. She’s picked this movie to star in next. It’s from the director of Brooklyn that was a Best Picture nominee. I don’t talk about romantic comedies a lot, but when they’re good I enjoy watching them. This seems like another solid film to add to the genre. 


7. Moana 2 (November 27th, 2024): This is the 2024 Disney animated movie that’s coming out in November. This was originally going to be a tv show, but they turned it into a movie because they thought it was good enough. But I think they did it because Wish bombed at the box office and they needed an easy win at the box office. Moana 2, will most likely be that for Disney. Anyways, like most everybody I really liked the first film. It had all of the elements you’d expect from a Disney animated movie, but it did enough to keep it interesting and fun. Naturally, when a sequel is on the way I’m excited for it. I think there’s more stories to tell with these characters, I feel like they set up a clear character arc for Moana that can last several movies. Looks like a lot of the same characters are coming back for the sequel. The trailers look like it has all of the charm of the first film. Another great aspect of the original film was the soundtrack, that movie was filled with great music. I hope this movie is able to have more great music that’s memorable and catchy. After the success of Inside Out 2, I wouldn’t be surprised if this movie ends up making $1 billion at the box office. 


6. Beetlejuice Beetlejuice (September 6th, 2024): I initially wasn’t very excited about this movie, Tim Burton isn’t a director that I gravitate towards. I’ve never seen the original film until a couple of weeks back. Between enjoying that movie and the solid trailers, I’m actually fairly excited for this movie. What I’m most excited about about this movie is that Tim Burton is a director with a unique style to him. Whether you love or hate him, he has a style and a unique voice. In an era where so many blockbusters feel vanilla and bland. Getting a movie that has so distinctly one voice, is nice and refreshing. I think it’s cool that Burton is going back to practical effects and not using a lot of CGI on the creature designs. Michael Keaton looks like he’s giving another fun and crazy performance as Beetlejuice. He clearly hasn’t skipped a beat and is having a lot of fun. You get some new additions with Jenna Ortega and Willem Dafoe. There’s a lot about this movie that has me very excited to check it out. Long delayed sequels don't always have the best track record. Some of them are great, some of them…not so great. With these legacy sequels, it’s hard to know whether it’s going to be great, good, or bad. Regardless, I know it’ll be an interesting film. 


5. Venom: The Last Dance (October 25th, 2024): The second comic book movie releasing in October this year. This is one that I kind of know exactly what to expect from it. The previous two Venom movies haven’t been great, they’re B-level comic book movies. I don’t say that as a negative, they’ve been fun adventures that I enjoyed watching. Naturally, when we’re getting a third film in a trilogy, I know what to expect. The trailer we got for this movie looks like all of the charm of the previous two films is still there. This one seems to be telling a bigger story with Venom on the run from the government. You get all of the corny Venom jokes you’d expect, you get the goofy side of things with Venom putting the Symbiote on a horse. Tom Hardy once again seems to be delivering a weird, wacky, and fun performance. When I go into this movie, I’m not expecting a great movie. I’m expecting a fun time at the movies that don't have these world ending stakes. I am curious when it comes to the multiverse stuff because in the trailer you see Chiwetel Ejifoir getting the Symbiote in the location from No Way Home’s mid-credit scene. But also in the scene, Venom teleported back to his home. I don’t know what that means, I’m curious as to what it means. I’m excited to check this movie out. 


4. Transformers One (September 20th, 2024): I’m not a massive Transformers fan, no hate towards them. That just isn’t one of the fandoms that I’m super invested in. When a new Transformers movie comes out, I’m not naturally as excited for it. When I heard they were doing an animated Transformers origin story movie starring Chris Hemsworth as Optimus Prime, I thought it sounded stupid. I wasn’t sure why Hemsworth was the guy to play Optimus Prime. The first trailer was fine, it sold the movie on jokes. We got a second trailer last month and that one sold me more on the movie. We saw more of what the plot was and the emotional journey for the characters. The trailers are kind of making it seem like Revenge of the Sith with Transformers, that sounds cool to me. They’ve done some early screenings of the movie, all of the buzz surrounding the film is great. It seems like people are loving this movie and they think it’s great. At the beginning of the year, I wasn’t at all excited for this movie. Now, with the film releasing in just under a month…I’m excited. 


3. Red One (November 15th, 2024): There has been some weird buzz about this movie regarding what The Rock’s on set behavior and the budget of the movie skyrocketing. We got a trailer for this movie back in June and I think this movie looks like a lot of fun. It’s a Christmas action comedy where Santa Claus is played by J.K. Simmons goes missing, so Dwayne Johnson has to team up with Chris Evans to find him. You’re taking a fun genre, a fun premise, and two charismatic leads. This is a movie that I’m very excited for. Johnson and Evans are two of my favorite actors, getting to see them work together is something that I’m excited to see. It’s from the director of Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, which I thought was great and was a really big surprise. If that director can tap into the magic of that movie, this could be something fun. Dwayne Johnson described the movie as a mix of It’s A Wonderful Life, Jumanji, and Harry Potter. You watch the trailer and you don’t get that vibe watching it. Regardless, I’m just hoping for a fun time at the movies. 


2. Wolfs (September 20th, 2024): This is an Apple TV+ movie that is getting a theatrical release. It’s written and directed by Jon Watts who did Tom Holland’s Spider-Man trilogy, he’s also doing Star Wars: Skeleton Crew this December. Getting to see him do something smaller, that’s not big in spectacle, a blockbuster I think is cool. It’s about these two guys who clean up the messes of somebody being killed, but are assigned to the same mission. This one stars George Clooney and Brad Pitt, two guys that bring a certain gravatose but can also be very charming and charismatic. You watch the trailer and once again, it looks like a lot of fun. The trailer gives off an Ocean’s Eleven (2001) vibe given that’s one of my favorite movies of all time. That’s a big win in my book. It feels like a spiritual sequel to those movies. It feels like the type of movie that we don’t get a lot of these days. This movie isn’t getting a lot of chatter, I hope it gets more chatter and people go out and see it. This movie is one that I can’t wait to see. 


1. Joker: Folie A Deux (October 4th, 2024):You know that I’m a big fan of comic book movies, they helped shape my love for movies in general. I always get excited when a new comic book movie is coming out. The next comic book movie coming out just so happens to be a sequel to a movie that I loved. That was one of my favorite movies of 2019, I think it’s one of the best movies of the genre. We’ve gotten two trailers for this movie and it still seems like the type of movie where I don’t fully know what to expect. But the trailers still have done such a good job of getting me excited to check it out. I’m still confused as to how a musical feels like the right direction for a sequel to Joker that was inspired by Taxi Driver. But the same creative team behind the first film is coming back. They didn’t rush this sequel out, it took them five years to make and I appreciate that. They wanted to make sure they got the script right. Joaquin Phoenix normally doesn’t do sequels, the fact he returned for this movie has me curious as to what drew him to the film. There’s enough about this movie that I’m very excited to see what it’s going to be. I’ve loved both of the trailers for this movie, easily this is the movie that I’m the most excited for in fall 2024. 


Comments