Tom Holland’s Spider-Man 4 Might Be A Multiverse Movies! My Thoughts!

Tom Holland’s Spider-Man 4 Might Be A Multiverse Movie! My Thoughts!

There’s been a lot of reports about Tom Holland’s fourth Spider-Man movie. We’ve gotten a lot of rumors in the last several months about Holland’s fourth movie. We got some new heavily speculated rumors about what his fourth film would be. I have some thoughts, let’s talk about it!


The Rumors: When I’m talking about this, this isn’t confirmed. This is a rumor from Daniel RPK, who’s a leaker. Whenever he says something like this, you pay attention because most of the time he’s right. When posted on social media with information about Tom Holland’s Spider-Man 4 looking to be another multiverse movie. They also want to film early next year with a July 2026 release date in mind. Plus, another thing to throw in here Sydney Sweeney rumored to have been offered a role in the movie. 


Should Tom Holland’s Spider-Man 4 Be Another Multiverse Movie?

  • Simple answer for this, I do not want this movie to be a multiverse movie. I loved Spider-Man: No Way Home, that was one of the greatest movie theater experiences of all time. What made the movie so special was because we got to see Holland team up with Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield. That was cool for Spider-Man fans that we got to see this. The rumors say it’s a multiverse movie, they didn’t specifically say that Maguire and Garfield are in the movie. I’m not trying to jump to conclusions assuming they’re in the movie, but I don’t want another multiverse movie with Tom Holland. One of the reasons why I don’t want that is because we haven’t gotten a traditional Spider-Man movie with Tom Holland. I get with Homecoming, they needed to do something different but we had five previous traditional Spider-Man movies. So they added Iron Man into the film and sent him to Washington D.C., fair enough I get that. But with Holland’s fourth movie, I think it’s ok to do another traditional Spider-Man movie. If this movie does come out in July 2026, that would have been 12 years since The Amazing Spider-Man 2, the last traditional Spider-Man movie. Even No Way Home’s ending set that up for a fourth movie. They set up the idea of him being the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. When Holland was first cast in the MCU, the deal that Marvel and Sony made was Spider-Man can appear in three MCU movies (Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame) as the trade, Marvel gave Sony three MCU characters (Iron Man, Nick Fury, and Doctor Strange). I don’t know if that deal is still in place, I don’t know if in order for a fourth Spider-Man with Holland, the MCU has to give Sony a MCU character. That could be a little bit of what’s going on here, as they're using the MCU multiverse in a Sony Spider-Man movie with Holland. 
  • Another thing to add to this is other rumors unrelated to this movie, but could tie into it. It’s rumored that every MCU movie that takes place between Doomsday and Secret Wars, will take place on Doomworld. We know that Doctor Doom is the villain, it could be multiverse because of that. One thing to keep in mind here, ever since it was announced that Robert Downey Jr will be Doctor Doom. People have been saying, you have a moment between Doctor Doom and Spider-Man, Doom has the mask off and all Spider-Man sees in Tony Stark. There’s something very emotional to do with that, I’d agree with that. Maybe they’re using this movie as a way to make some of that happen. Even with a quote from Feige, it seems to imply that being a possibility. “When we said we wanted Spider-Man to be more grounded, we just didn’t tell you that grounded was from an alien planet in another universe.” I hear that and I feel like it basically confirms that this movie could take place on Doomworld. 
  • One thing I would say about this, if we are doing a multiverse movie with Holland’s Spider-Man. Maybe on Doomworld you find a way to bring Tom Hardy’s Venom over. You do this fourth movie as Spider-Man and Venom, the movie ends with Spider-Man getting the symbiote, setting up Secret Wars. Because in the comics, Secret Wars is where Spider-Man first got the symbiote suit. If they announce that Tom Hardy is in Spider-Man 4 with Tom Holland. I’m much more excited for this and I’m curious as to what they’re doing with it. 

Filming early next year: This was another thing that came out in this rumor that filming could start early next year. I hear that and I go, it makes sense if they want a 2026 release date. One question I have about this…we don’t have a director, writer, or cast announced. There’s been multiple people rumored to direct the film, I believe I’ve talked about them on my blog. We don’t have a director, I want the guys who directed Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves to direct the movie, their name has been thrown out there, I want them to direct the film. We also don’t have a cast, we obviously know that Tom Holland is in there. I wouldn’t be surprised if Zendaya comes back, once again there were rumors about her returning. There’s another piece of casting that we’ll talk about soon. Unless they announce in the coming weeks, a title, writer, director, and cast, I’m not entirely sure this movie will actually start filming in 2025. 


Sydney Sweeney as Black Cat: This is a rumor that’s been out there for a while, but with these recent Spider-Man rumors this popped back up. Sydney Sweeney is rumored to have accepted the role of Black Cat in this movie. This is one that I have multiple thoughts on. On the one hand, Sydney Sweeney is one of the breakout stars of 2024. She’d been on two seasons of Euphoria, 2023 and 2024 she’s been starring in mainstream movies with Anyone But You, Madame Web, and Immaculate. They’re not all big hits, but in their own ways have gotten people talking. When she’s a breakout star, you immediately want to cast her in a superhero movie. But she’s already been in a superhero movie, Madame Web. That's also a Sony movie that has connections to Spider-Man. Sweeney’s character in that movie is Julia Carpenter, Spider-Woman. Given how bad that movie was, we’re not getting a sequel. I don’t know if there’s a future for those characters. But since Sweeney is breaking out, maybe there’s a way to have her Spider-Woman team up with Tom Holland through the multiverse. Of all of the actresses to get to play Black Cat, I don’t know why Sydney Sweeney would be the top pick. There’s hundreds of other actresses to go with. Also since 2024 is turning into the year of Sydney Sweeney, it’s an easy rumor to spread that gets people talking. I don’t know how much truth there is to that rumor. If this rumor was that Sydney Sweeney’s Madame Web character is in Tom Holland’s Spider-Man 4, I’d believe that more. You find some multiverse excuse, maybe it’s not that version of the character but it’s a variant that could work. Also, in the comics Black Cat is a love interest to Spider-Man. They have a similar relationship to what Batman and Catwoman have, it’s very similar. It seems weird to not have Zendaya in the movie, another actress from Euphoria to be Peter’s love interest. At the end of No Way Home, Peter still very much cares about MJ. It would feel very out of character for Peter to go “eh, MJ doesn’t remember me, I’m gonna go kick it with this other girl”, I wouldn’t buy that. If it was confirmed that Zendaya was returning and Black Cat was in the movie, I'd be more ok with that. 


Comments