Top 15 Most Anticipated 2024 Movies

Top 15 Most Anticipated 2024 Movies

Today is the last day of 2023, tomorrow starts a brand new year. That means we have a brand new year of movies to start talking about. So today I’m going over my 15 most anticipated movies of 2024. Let’s get started!


15. Red One (November 15th, 2024): If you don’t know what this movie is, it’s a Christmas action comedy starring The Rock and Chris Evans, two great movie stars that can be a lot of fun. It’s from director Jake Kasdan who directed the pair of Jumanji movies starring The Rock. And he’s really good at directing big and wild action set pieces with lots of moving parts. J.K. Simmons is playing Santa Clause which seems like fun casting. And The Rock describes it as It’s a Wonderful Life mixed with Harry Potter and Jumanji. I'm not sure what it means but it sounds fun. Now I’m not expecting anything fantastic, I’m not expecting this to be one of the best movies of 2024. But as long as it can deliver a solid and fun time at the movies, I’ll be happy and satisfied. 


14. The Bikeriders (June 21st, 2024): This movie was supposed to come out earlier in December, but due to the strikes it got delayed. So it got a summer 2024 release date and we did get a trailer for this movie. The trailers make the movie look very interesting and take source material about a biker gang and make it look rather interesting. It has a fantastic cast with Austin Butler, Jodie Comer, Tom Hardy, and Michael Shannon. I’m not sure how good this movie will turn out to be, but this could be a potential Oscar contender come the end of the year. The director has a couple of prestigious films under his belt. This movie is very different from any other movie on this list, but it’s on the looks pretty solid and can’t wait to check it out. 


13. Godzilla and Kong: The New Empire (March 29th, 2024): Once again, I’m not really expecting anything super fantastic here. I’m just expecting a stupid fun time at the movies where Godzilla and Kong team-up to fight a more dangerous threat, if the movie can deliver that…I’m happy. We did get a trailer earlier this month and it looks just as stupid as I thought and hoped it would be. And I’ve enjoyed this Monsterverse we’ve gotten so far, the tv show Monarch: Legacy of Monsters has been a nice and very solid show just now. The original Godzilla vs Kong movie I think is the best of this franchise. So there’s a lot of aspects here that have me very excited for what this movie could be. If this movie can deliver a solid fun time at the movie, then this movie delivered for me.


12. Ballerina (June 7th, 2024): A spin-off set in the John Wick franchise that takes place in between the third and fourth movie. Ana de Armas is leading this movie, that sounds awesome to me. In my opinion, she’s one of the best up and coming actresses of the last 5 ish years. So the fact she’s getting to star in a big movie like this, I love. We know Keanu Reeves is returning as John Wick. Lance Reddick, Ian McShane, and Anjelica Huston are reprising their roles as well. Chad Stahelski, the director of the John Wick movies is a producer on the film. So I’m hoping this has the same vibe and tone of the John Wick movies but does something different at the same time. The writer of the last two John Wick movies is writing this movie. There’s a lot of potential for this to be the best action movie of 2024. 


11. Mickey 17 (TBA): After directing the Best Picture winner Parasite, Bong Joon-Ho returns to cinemas in March. We don’t know really anything about this movie, we only have a still of Robert Pattinson lying on this table going into a machine. We know it’s a drama sci-fi film, I like that it’s original sci-fi. We don’t get many original sci-fi movies in the modern era. And the fact that Bong Joon-Ho is doing one has me very excited. He’s also writing the film, he won an Oscar for writing Parasite. Plus he has a fantastic cast with Robert Pattinson, Mark Ruffalo, and Toni Collete. This is a movie where I don't need to see a trailer for me to already get very excited for it. 


10. Inside Out 2 (June 14th, 2024): Pixar is one of the top film studios of the last 28 years. They have so many great movies that are classics of the genre, one of the great movies they’ve put out is Inside Out. A movie that perfectly captures the emotions that go on in a kid, but it’s tackled and done in a way for people of all ages to understand and love. And it was one of the Pixar films that I think warranted a sequel. Because now that Riley is a teenager you can start exploring all of these other emotions related to boys, stress…and puberty. We got a quick 90 second teaser like month, and it has all of the same energy and vibe of the first film. If you’ve been paying attention, I haven’t been the biggest fan of Pixar in the 2020s. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is Pixar’s best film of the 2020s decade. 


9. If (May 17th, 2024): A new family comedy starring Ryan Reynolds and John Krasinski, that Krasinski is directing the film. The basic idea of it is us as kids have imaginary friends that we play with, but as we get older those friends go well. So it explores these ideas of tapping back into those emotions as an adult. You’re getting a reunion from The Office here with John Krasinski and Steve Carell. This is another one where we got a trailer for it and it looks very fun and charming. It looks like a great summer family comedy that I’m sure will be pretty good. It seems like a movie that’s going to be so sweet and heartfelt, and one that could be a big surprise to a lot of people. 


8. Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (March 22nd, 2024): I’m not a huge Ghostbusters fan, I’m not a child of the 80s. I didn’t grow up watching the original film, I watched it for the first time before Ghostbusters Afterlife came out. Ghostbusters Afterlife was great, that’s my favorite film in the franchise. The fact that this is a continuation of that story and characters sounds great to me. I like that we’re getting the new generation and the old generation teaming up to fight the threat. Patton Oswald and Kumali Nanjiani seem like great additions to this franchise. And it looks like it’s trying to do something different, now really following the formula of the 1984 classic. I’m excited for it and I think it could be pretty good. 


7. Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (May 24th, 2024): To be fair, I actually haven’t seen any of the previous Mad Max movies. I mean to and once this movie comes out, I plan on watching and ranking the Mad Max movies. The reason why this movie is on this list is because we got a trailer earlier in December and I thought it was fantastic. They cut a really good trailer that got a person like me who isn’t a Mad Max fan to watch it and go “that looks really cool”. I love that Anya Taylor-Joy gets to be the lead in a big budgeted movie like this. Chris Hemsworth looks so unrecognizable as our villain with all of this make-up and prosthetic work done. The visuals and look of the film is fantastic, this movie looks fantastic. And I can’t wait to watch the previous installments prior to this one coming out. 


6. The Fall Guy (May 3rd, 2024): I actually didn’t know this is an adaption of a tv show from back in the day. I just saw the trailer for this movie and I thought it looked like a big dumb action movie, but the kind of one that looks so much fun. If you don’t know what this movie is about, it’s about a stuntman who needs to go on a mission to find the star of the film. The stuntman is Ryan Gosling. I love that he’s doing more movies like this now. Emily Blunt is the director/ex-wife to Gosling. So right there, I’m already hooked on this film. Beyond that, it’s directed by David Leitch who is great with the action like in Deadpool 2, Hobbs and Shaw, and Bullet Train. All of those are great action movies, with super memorable action set pieces. So I’m very excited for this movie and I hope it’s really good.  


5. Dune: Part II (March 1st, 2024): A movie that we were supposed to already have gotten, back in November. But because of the strikes, it has been delayed to March 2024. I liked the first Dune from a couple years back. I didn’t think it was fantastic like others but I appreciated what it was. We’ve gotten a few trailers for this movie and it looks really good. The first movie was all set-up for this big epic battle, this movie promises to deliver all pay off to everything already set-up. And I like that we’re getting big epic Sci-Fi on this level with a big budget and CGI that looks fantastic. Denis Villuenve is becoming one of the most praised directors of the modern era of filmmaking. There’s a lot in here that I’m very excited for and can’t wait to see it in a couple of months. 


4. Kung Fu Panda 4 (March 8th, 2024): This Kung Fu Panda franchise is really my childhood, I’ve seen all of them in the theater. The first film is one of the first movies I ever saw in the theater, so that’s very exciting. The fact we’re getting a fourth movie I’m so down for that. We got a trailer just a couple weeks back and I like the direction they’re taking things. Having Po find a new person to take up the mantle of being The Dragon Warrior, sounds about right for a fourth entry in the franchise. The fact that we’re bringing back villains from previous movies, I’m totally down for. We know Tai Lung is coming back, I’m wondering if Lord Shen or Kai is coming back. When you put it all together, you get a movie that I’m so excited for and I’m so excited to see if this is the end of the Kung Fu Panda franchise. 


3. Argylle (February 2nd, 2024): A new action spy comedy film directed by Matthew Vaughn with a star studded cast…sign me up. The concept of this movie is having an author writing a book that ties into what the government wants, so the government is sending agents after this author. That’s so interesting and when you give this to a director like Matthew Vaugh I’m sure he can do something very very cool with it. You have a star studded cast with Henry Cavill, Bryce Dallas Howard, Sam Rockwell, Bryan Cranston, John Cena, Samuel L. Jackson, and several other super familiar faces. The trailer we have is great and just looks like a great time at the movies. 


2. Joker: Folie A Deux (October 4th, 2024): Joker from 2019 seems like the perfect example of a movie that I both want a sequel to and I also don’t want a sequel to. In the long run, I’m glad and happy we’re getting a sequel to that film. Where that movie was all about Arthur’s rise to becoming this maniac and this figure of Gotham and chaos that people look up to. Now with a sequel you can explore his time as this maniac leader that has gotten this cult of clowns to rule Gotham. Lady Gaga is joining the fun playing Harley Quinn, I love that we’re getting another go at Joker and Harley Quinn in live action. I’m also not sure what to make of it being a musical, and it being a musical doesn’t seem like the natural continuation of where the 2019 film left off. Regardless, I’m so excited to see what this movie turns out to be. 


1. Deadpool 3 (July 26th, 2024): The only MCU movie we’re getting in 2024 and there’s so much anticipation and hype surrounding this movie. And if they let me and all of its fans down…I’m scared as to what could happen. All of the reasons why I’m excited for this movie are all of the reasons why everybody is so excited for this movie. First up, I’m so curious as to how they’re going to merge Deadpool into the MCU, the MCU which is under Disney and Mickey Mouse. Second, Hugh Jackman is returning as Wolverine, I’m so excited for that and so excited that he’s finally wearing his comic accurate costume. If you’ve ever seen Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman in real life, they’re so much fun together and I’m excited to see that bromance brought to the big screen. And I’m just excited for all of the multiverse fun and potential this movie has. 

Comments