Stargirl Season 3 Episode 1-4 Thoughts


Stargirl Season 3 Episode 1-4 Review

Stargirl season 3 is going on hiatus for a couple of weeks, that means that today I’m going to be sharing my thoughts on the third season of Stargirl so far. What do I think of the mystery? Is the mystery mysterious? Let’s find out! 


NOTE: This post will be jam packed with SPOILERS from all 4 of these episodes. So if you haven’t seen the show so far, don’t read this blog post. I will spoil things that happen in these episodes. 


Thoughts: And if you’ve seen any of my blog posts where I talk about the previous two seasons. Then you know that I really liked season 1. I thought that it was a great season that had a lot of things that I really enjoyed. To this day it’s still one of my favorite seasons of the Arrowverse. Then season 2 was still good, I still enjoyed season 2 but it was a big step down in quality from season 1. So going into season 3 I didn’t really know what to think, was this going to be another great season or another good but disappointing season. And so far I think this is leaning more towards the quality of season 1, and I think it keeps on track that it’s been on. I think this can be one of the better seasons. But we still have nine episodes and a lot can change in quality in those nine episodes. But I do think this season is doing a great job of building intique and being mysterious. Each episode ends with a cliffhanger that makes you want to see the next episode. And that’s what all good murder mystery movies or tv shows really need to do. And they’ve set up many different possibilities as to who it could be. So the characters think it’s Cindy, because of all that she has done in the previous two seasons, they don’t trust her at all. But the audience might think it’s somebody that isn’t Cindy. Up until episode 4 I was thinking that Sylvester could be a potential person involved in this, but episode 3 ended with him being attacked at the crime scene, so now I’m not sure. And that’s what all good murder mystery projects have to do. Beyond that I really am enjoying Joel McHale’s presence in the show. It’s fun to see him doing a superhero role like this, he can be dark and mysterious but also bring that fun energy that he normally brings to his characters. But there are still a few things that have me nervous about the season. First up, I really hope that this season they move forward with the Cameron Mahkent storyline, in episode 4 it seemed like they were moving forward with him, and I hope they keep on doing that. Because in season 1 and 2 I felt like they weren’t going anywhere with him. That does make me nervous, as to what they are going to be doing with him in the rest of the show. Also I’m wondering how long they will be able to keep up the mystery. And I don’t know when the big reveal is going to be who the murderer is. I’m not sure if that’s going to be revealed in the final, or the penultimate episode of the season. And that’s what I’m thinking, this will be revealed in the last 2-3 episodes of the season. And I’m nervous as to if they will be able to keep up this pace of every episode ending in a cliffhanger. That has me nervous, but they might also decide to have the big reveal be in episode eight or nine or something along those lines. But like I said, I’m still enjoying this season a good bit. It is one of the stronger seasons in my mind. But I do have some issues and concerns for the rest of the season, that if done wrong could really drop this season down in quality.

Comments