Top 10 Most Anticipated Fall 2022 Movies


Top 10 Most Anticipated Fall 2022 Movies

The summer movie season has officially come to a close, that means the fall movie season is starting. So today I’m sharing my 10 most anticipated movies for fall 2022. Let’s get started!


HONORABLE MENTIONS:

  • Avatar: The Way of Water (December 16th, 2022)

  • Blonde (September 23rd, 2022)

  • Disenchanted (November 23rd, 2022) 

  • Halloween Kills (October 14th, 2022)

  • Violent Night (December 2nd, 2022)


10. Pinocchio (September 8th, 2022): The latest Disney live action remake this time remaking the classic story of Pinocchio and I haven’t seen the original fil, so I actually know very little about that movie. But with the cast involved with Tom Hanks, Luke Evans, Keegan-Michael Key, and Joesph Gordon-Levitt that is a fun set of the actors for a movie like this. It’s being directed by Robert Zemicks who is a great director of Back to the Future fame, he’s also writing the movie with Simon Farnaby who wrote Paddington 2 a movie that I haven’t seen, but I believe it holds a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. And the first trailer they put out really worked for me, and I think it could be a solid movie. 


9. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (November 11th, 2022): Now this is one that I really don’t know how to feel about. Because it’s an MCU movie so of course I’m excited, of course I’m going to be there opening night for this one. And I dug the first movie, it’s not a top tier MCU movie for me but for what it is it’s pretty good. But this is a movie where a trailer really needs to sell me on it. Because when this had to deal with the passing of the star of the franchise and a pandemic, that doesn’t make this movie look good to me. And the trailer we got at San Diego Comic Con didn’t sell me. I need to know what the basic plot is, what’s the story here. So once we get that, this movie could move higher up on this list. 


8. The Fabelmans (November 23rd, 2022): The latest film from Steven Spielberg about a young Steven Spielberg in a semi-autobiographical drama. To state the obvious, Steven Spielberg is one of the greatest directors of all time so every time he has a new movie coming out, I get excited for it and get curious about it. The cast here is a bit all over the place, but that’s kind of what makes it interesting. You have Paul Dano, The Riddler for The Batman as the father. Seth Rogen is the uncle, and then you have David Lynch in the movie. Which is very interesting since he’s a world famous director and to my knowledge doesn’t have any acting under his belt. But in general, I’m curious to check this one out. 


7. Black Adam (October 21st, 2022): Now before we got the first trailer back in June, this might have been several spots higher. But that trailer was pretty generic for me, it wasn’t terrible but it just didn’t do anything for me. The trailer we got at San Diego Comic Con was quite a bit better, that one sold me more on the movie. Still not a fantastic trailer, I don’t want to over-sell that trailer. And I’m a big fan of Dwayne Johnson and having him lead a big superhero blockbuster like this is interesting to me. But I don’t know if the charm and swagger he brings to movies fits with how dark the character of Black Adam is. So I’m worried about that side of the movie. Back on the positive, they’ve said that Viola Davis’ Amanda Waller will be in the movie as well as Harcourt from The Suicide Squad. So I’m a bit split as to where I land on this one. 


6. Ticket to Paradise (October 21st, 2022): A movie that opens the same day as Black Adam but is a very different movie from Black Adam. This one is a romantic comedy about divorced parents both attending their daughters’ wedding, but them not really knowing the guy. So they have to work together to try and figure things out. The movie is a re-team of George Clooney and Julia Roberts, and doing an Ocean’s Eleven reunion has me excited. Plus both of them are fun charismatic leads and know how to lead movies like this. The trailer we got worked for me. It looks like a fun movie that will most likely be predictable. But still, I’m excited to check it out. 


5. Babylon (December 25th, 2022): The latest film from Damien Chazelle and this time it’s about old timey Hollywood. With a pretty stacked cast with Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, and Tobey Maguire as the three leads for the movie. Maguire plays Charlie Chaplin, which is interesting casting. And Damien Chazelle is a great director, and all of his movies have a character or characters that are striving for greatness, they want to be the absolute best. So doing a period piece set in Hollywood sounds great to me, take the director and you get a movie that I’m very excited to check out. And I’ve seen ⅔ of his movie, La La Land is the only one that I still have yet to see. So I plan on doing a Damien Chazelle ranking after this movie opens wide in January. 


4. Strange World (November 23rd, 2022): The latest Disney animated film that looks like something that is right up my alley. It’s a sci-fi space adventure where they travel to a…STRANGE WORLD (probably where the title came from). The trailer we got seems like the movie is a good old fashioned Disney adventure with great animation, fun characters, and a nice sense of humor. And while I enjoyed Encanto and several other Disney musicals over the years, I like the fact that we are getting this type of movie. Not everything has to be a musical that Disney puts out. So all in all, this is one that I’m very excited to see when it hits theaters around Thanksgiving. 


3. Amsterdam (October 7th, 2022): A new murder myster period piece drama that has some humor thrown into the mix directed by David O. Russell of American Hustle, Silver Linings Playbook, and The Fighter fame. With maybe the greatest cast of the entire year with Christian Bale, Margot Robbie, John David Washington, Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Rock, Robert DeNiro, Rami Malek, Mike Myers, Timothy Olyphant, Taylor Swift, Zoe Saldana, and Michael Shannon. I mean that is a stacked cast of A-list talent, several of them Oscar winning talent. The trailer we got worked for me, I liked the tone and vibe that it gave us. So I’m not super familiar with David O. Russell’s work but his movies have been critically acclaimed, so this might be another one of those movies. 


2. Don’t Worry Darling (September 23rd, 2022): A psychological horror thriller from Olivia Wilde that stars Florence Pugh, Harry Styles, Gemma Chan, and Chris Pine. Psychological horror thrillers are right up my alley, those are movies that when they are done right can be very very good. And based off of the trailers, it has me excited to check out. I watched the first trailer back when it dropped, and that’s all I needed to see. Plus the cast is just fantastic, Florence Pugh is doing a great job of establishing herself as one of the A-listers for the next 20-30 years in Hollywood. I think Chris Pine is great in movies, and always enjoys it when he shows up in things. So put the genre, trailers, and cast together this seems like a movie that could be a great and twisty time at the movies. 


1. Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (December 23rd, 2022): If you know or have been around my movie blog for any amount of time then you probably know that Knives Out is one of my favorite movies of the last 5-10 years. So a sequel to that movie is one that I’m highly anticipating. You get Rian Johnson returning to write and direct this movie. Daniel Craig is back as Benoit Blanc, and I’m really looking forward to seeing him again because he was a scene stealer in the original movie. And once again, the cast here is stacked with Madelyn Cline, Ethan Hawke, Jessica Henwick, Kathryn Hahn, Kate Hudson, Edward Norton, Dave Bautista, Janelle Monae, Leslie Odom Jr., and Jada Pinkett Smith. So this is one that ever since it was announced, I’ve been highly looking forward to it.


There you have it, my 10 most anticipated movies for the rest of 2022 (plus six honorable mentions). What movies from fall 2022 are you most looking forward to? Are there any that aren’t on my radar that should be? Thanks for reading!


Comments