Top 5 Favorite Michael Giacchino Film Scores


Top 5 Favorite Michael Giacchino Film Scores

Michael Giacchino has been one of the top film composers of the last 10 years. So what are his best scores? What scores are the most memorable to me? Let’s find out, let’s get started!


5. Jurassic World: What the score does right is take inspiration from John Williams iconic Jurassic Park score. It uses the main theme from that movie through-out the movie, but changes it just enough to not copy it. But it still holds true to what made that score so special and awesome. But all through-out the movie are plenty of memorable pieces of music that adds to the thrills or excitement of the scene. And I will say this, this is basically a placeholder for the entire Jurassic World trilogy. Because I think that Fallen Kingdom and Dominion’s are also great. So all in all, I don’t think this score doesn’t get enough talk. 


4. Spider-Man: No Way Home: One of the most recent scores on this list, but not the most recent on this list. And in a lot of ways, I think this is the best score for any Spider-Man movie. Where I love that music that plays over the fight between Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, it’s epic and it fits in both with the Spider-Man music and the Doctor Strange music. But the real stand out here was the music that plays when Tom Holland, Tobey Maguire, and Andrew Garfield are swinging around The Statue of Liberty, and land in that epic team-up shot. It’s a great piece of music that whenever I hear it I think back to seeing this movie opening night with a packed audience filled with people just as excited as I was to see this movie. 


3. The Batman: As of now this is still my favorite movie of the year. And this movie has a lot to offer when it comes to the story, characters, production design, and I think the score for this movie is fantastic. I think this is one of the best Batman film scores out there. And this is a movie that as soon as the main theme starts, it becomes stuck in your head. And it’s one of those scores that I feel will go down in history as one of the great comic book movie film scores of all time. And I sure hope this movie gets nominated for Best Original Score at The Oscars, because I think this is the best score of the year so far. 


2. Star Trek (2009): One of the most epic, majestic, and best sounding film scores of all time. And I rewatched this movie back in 2021, and I knew the score was great but I kind of forgot just how great it was. And it just feels and sounds larger than life, it has this majestic vibe about it. And whenever I think of space adventure and Star Trek, I think of this score. And in general, I just love this score and I think it's one of Giacchino's best scores out there. 


1. The Incredibles: For me this is the one on this list that is the most memorable. It’s the one that sticks with me the most, and I find the most joy in listening to it. And it feels like a bunch of different things, meaning it feels like a James Bond score, it feels like a Mission Impossible score. But it’s not copying any of those, it’s taking inspiration from all of them. So this might be the greatest animated film score of all time. And I think this is a score that does a great job of fitting into the movie that it was in, and it’s super memorable and number 1 on this list. 


There you have it, my 5 favorite film scores by Michael Giacchino. What is your favorite film score by Giacchino? Last month I did this with Alan Silvestri, and in the coming I’ll be doing this with Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman, and John Williams. And then eventually share my favorite film scores of all time. Thanks for reading!


Comments