10 Iconic Movies I Haven't Seen


10 Iconic Movies I Haven’t Seen 

As you can tell…I’m pretty a big fan of movies, bet you could have guessed that. And while I’ve seen hundreds and hundreds of movies there are a handful of movies that I haven’t seen. So here are 10 iconic movies I haven’t seen. 


NOTE: As we go into this, most of this list is based on movies that get the biggest “what you haven’t seen…” reaction when I say I haven’t seen a certain movie. So some of these picks might be a bit out of the boxes, but that’s what this list is mostly of. 


  • Mamma Mia!: Now like I said, this movie is not a classic compared to other movies on this list. And it’s come up a few times because my mom hasn’t seen it and every time we listen to “Mamma Mia” by ABBA I think to myself “I really need to watch this movie”, and it just hasn’t happened yet. And one of these days I’d imagine that I will watch this movie, because so many people have said that I should watch this movie, and that I’ll love it. Which maybe I might, and it might be one of my favorite movies of all time but I can’t imagine myself singing this movie's praises because musicals aren’t really my thing. But hey, maybe I’m wrong about this. One of my old coworkers got really really mad at me when I said that I haven’t seen this movie. 


  • Original Indiana Jones Trilogy: Of all of the ones on this list this might be the one that surprises people the most that I haven’t seen. Because action and adventure movies are the ones that I typically enjoy, and have a lot of fun with. I love Harrison Ford as an actor, Han Solo is a great character. And it just hasn’t happened yet for whatever reason I haven’t seen Harrison Ford’s most iconic character (yes I said it). And fun fact, the fourth movie is the only one that I’ve seen, the bad sequel that is 20 years late is the only one I’ve seen. So with Indiana Jones 5 coming out next summer, I plan on watching and reviewing all of these movies and doing a ranking of the franchise. So next year (maybe sooner) you’ll get my full thoughts on these movies. 


  • Titanic: Now this is the one that my mom wants me to watch the most. And says that I can’t be a movie fan if I haven’t seen this movie. And in some ways this is a placeholder for James Cameron movies, because I haven’t seen a single James Cameron movie. No particular reason why, it just hasn’t happened yet. But Titanic is the one that seems to get the biggest reaction when I’ve told people I haven’t seen it. And I think part of it is that a 3 ½ hour long love story doesn’t make me go “I want to watch this movie”, I hear that I go “ok, maybe one day but I have to be in the right mindset to watch it”. And I like Leonardo DiCaprio as an actor, and this being one of his most iconic movies I should watch it. And I’m guessing very very soon I will be checking out this movie. 


  • Dirty Dancing: This is one that several of my friends from school were saying I need to watch this movie. So this is the movie that my friends picked that I should watch, so my friends represent this movie. And another one that they said I should watch is Footloose. So I did a pull that night on my Instagram asking which one should I watch Dirty Dancing or Footloose, Dirty Dancing won but I still haven’t watched that movie. And once again, I’m not rushing out to watch a musical even though it’s a classic of the 80s. Even though it has the charming Partick Swayze in the lead. So one of these days, I’m going to watch Dirty Dancing then watch Footloose and see which one I like more. 


  • The Wizard of Oz: Yet again…another musical that I haven’t seen. And it’s one of those movies that whether you’ve seen or not you know so many of the lines and characters. So I haven’t seen the movie and I know who all of the main characters are Dorhty, The Tin Man, The Cowardly Lion, The Scarecrow, The Wicked Witch of the West, and of course The Wizard of Oz himself. And this is actually kind of a funny one because this is one of my teacher’s favorite movies of all time, she loves this movie. And she’s been trying to convince me to watch this movie. So once I watch this movie, she will watch Fast and Furious. That is a deal. 


  • Pulp Fiction: The most iconic film from Quentin Tarantino. And he’s one of these directors that I’ve seen a few of his movies with Reservoir Dogs, Inglourious Basterds, and Once Upon A Time in Hollywood. And his most iconic of the bunch, the most celebrated of the bunch would be Pulp Fiction. And if Taratino ever does another movie, I will absolutely rank all of these movies and therefore watch this one. And my dad showed me Reservoir Dogs and Inglorious Basterds because those are his favorite Tarainto movies, he’s not the biggest Pulp Fiction fan. So that’s maybe part of the reason why I haven’t seen his most iconic film. But one of these days I want to rank the IMDB Top 15, Pulp Fiction is on there. I’ve seen about 9/15 of the movies. 


  • The Shining: Maybe the most beloved horror movie of all time and certainly one of the most iconic horror movies of all time. I almost watched this movie last October and planned to review it on Halloween. But things happened and I wasn’t able to get it watched. And actually I do plan on watching Stanley Kubrick’s big 5 movies and ranking them at some point. In October, I plan on doing Alfred Hitchcock movies. But I will be doing Kubrick at some point and talking about The Shining, A Clockwork Orange, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Dr. Strangelove, and Full Metal Jacket. Either in late 2022 or early 2023, that should be happening. And of course Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrance is one of the most iconic movie performances of all time. 


  • Schinder’s List: The Steven Spielberg World War II drama classic that won Spielberg his first Oscar. And this is another movie that is on the IMDB top 15, so in the future I plan on watching this movie and it should be interesting. Because I’ve heard that this is one of the greatest movies of all time, but it’s a movie that you never want to watch again. And so maybe part of that is why I haven’t watched it. I know it’s a “masterpiece ''. It's widely regarded as one of the greatest movies of all time. But it seems like such a depressing, grim, and dark story that it’s hard to want to watch it.


  • Several Classic Movies: Now this is just a clump of several of the classics of the 1930s and 1940s. Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind, Casablanca, and several other movies that I’m probably forgetting. And if you’ve been following my blog, then you can guess this but movies pre-1980 aren’t ones that I’m familiar with or haven’t seen a lot of. But I’ve seen several of them, but I don’t believe I’ve seen anything before 1960. And so there are many of the classic and such formative movies for Hollywood, I haven’t seen. And I’m sure one of these days I’d do some sort of content talking about some of these classic movies. 


  • The Karate Kid (1984): And for me, this is the one that people are the most surprised by that I haven’t seen. And I think this movie might not be on the list if Cobra Kai wasn’t this big global show. And honestly, I don’t have a good reason as to why I haven’t seen it, it just hasn’t happened yet. And I think what will happen is that whenever they announce Cobra Kai’s final season, I’ll watch the movies and the show leading up to it. And do a bunch of content, or maybe I might watch this movie before then. But it is one of the iconic sports movies of all time that follows the sports movie template rather well…from what I’ve heard, who knows if I think that about. So I saved the movie for last. People are the most surprised that I haven’t seen. 


There you have it, 10 iconic movies that I haven’t seen. What are some of the most iconic movies that you haven’t seen? And what are some of those iconic movies that you want to see but haven’t yet? Thanks for reading!





Comments