Kenobi Episodes Ranked


Kenobi Episodes Ranked 

Just a couple of days ago, the finale to Kenobi dropped on Disney+. That means we have gotten all 6 episodes of the show, so today it is time to rank all 6 Kenobi episodes. Let’s get started! 


6. Part IV (Episode 4): Now I have heard some people crapping on this episode, and I’ve heard that this episode was bad. I wouldn’t go that far, but it is the weakest episode of the show for me. I do like that it is a bit of a prison escape episode, it’s fun to see Kenobi sneaking around a Sith base. The hallway fight with Kenobi taking out the Stormtroopers I think is a great action, one of the best of the show in my opinion. But this episode does make some mistakes along the way. First up, this is the second episode in a 6 episode show where Kenobi has to sneak around and rescue Leia, if you only have 6 episodes why spend a third of the season rescuing the same character. That seems like such a strange decision that I don’t think is the best idea to go with. Also there is some lazy writing in this episode where you have Kenobi’s friend is captured and slaps a Stormtrooper, with his helmet and he falls to the ground and escapes so easily. And this is also where I think just shows that Reva isn’t a very good character, the scenes with her don’t work for me. 


5. Part II (Episode 2): An episode that does have a lot to offer, but I think it does make some mistakes along the way. On the positive, I love the dynamic between Kenobi and Young Leia they do have this fun dynamic. Where Leia is very much acting like the Carrie Fisher verison of the character, and having somebody like Kenobi bouncing off of her is very cool. Also, that means Kenobi as interacted with Anakin, Luke, and Leia. It’s always fun to explore a new planet in the world of Star Wars and that being the main focus of this episode is fun to see. But I do think the casting of Kumali Nanjiani just feels out of place, where his character is basically just Kumali Nanjiani in the world of Star Wars. And Kumali is very funny, but his shtick his sense of humor doesn’t fit in the world of Star Wars. So in general, this episode was good it was fun. I don’t think this was a bad episode by any means so even though it’s towards the bottom of the list, I did enjoy it rough. 


4. Part I (Episode 1): A solid but disappointing start to the show, and this is another episode that had a lot to offer. It’s just great to see Ewan McGregor back in the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi, and he’s great as the character like always. And I think they set up an interesting arc for Kenobi in this episode as this guy that just watched the Jedi fall, him having to kill Anakin, who has basically his brother. And there is just something fun about being in the world of Star Wars. And I really liked the conflict between Kenobi and Luke’s uncle, and I thought that made sense. Their different world views clashed with each other. But I feel that with this episode they needed to establish more of the threat, have more of the story here. Because to me this episode felt like the prologue for the rest of the show, and I wish they changed that a bit. Also, the casting of Flea in Star Wars is really estranged and doesn’t fit this world at all. And the chase with Leia and the villains through the woods is not handled very well and looks very cheepy and lazy. So once again, this is a good episode but I think it had potential to be a great episode. 


3. Part III (Episode 3): Now this was the first episode of the season in which I felt like we were actually going somewhere. The big positive for this episode is getting to see the return of Darth Vader. Getting to see Kenobi and Darth Vader is really really cool to see. It’s something that I was sure hoping we got going into this show, and I was honestly we got the first fight between them this early on. I was thinking that would be something for the finale or something. And I appreciate how the fight shows that Kenobi is getting older and he hasn’t really been fighting in 10 years with Lightsabers, so obviously he’s not as good going up against Darth Vader. And I also appreciated the scene with the Stormtroopers, and how tense it was and I thought that was a very well written seen. Also, some of the character moments between Kenobi and Leia were handled very well in this episode, and how Leia starts to suspect that something is up Kenobi and she knows that he is hiding something, all of it was handled very well. 


2. Part VI (Episode 6): Honestly the last two episodes of the show would be my favorite of the bunch. And I did enjoy a number of things about this episode. The best parts about this would are the stuff with Obi-Wan and Darth Vader we got another duel between the two of them. And I thought that duel was great and you feel the emotional weight. And you do get some great character moments with the fact that Obi-Wan apologies to Vader about what happened and how he failed him. And Vader says you didn’t do, Anakin did it. Just some great character moments that flesh both of them out. I thought the epilogue for the episode was actually pretty good, I did like how they wrapped things up and put a bow on everything. But I still do think this episode has some flaws. And there is no real tension in this episode they have Reeva hunting down Luke and Uncle Owen trying to protect Luke. But we know that Luke or Uncle Owen aren’t going to die, so that tension in everything was lost for me. That was really my big and only issue with the episode, the tension was lost. 


1. Part V (Episode 5): This is an episode that I think is very good, it works very well. But it seems to have come a bit to late in the season. On the positive it really does create this sense of urgency this tension going from beginning to the end. You want Kenobi and his friend to succeed, and I think it does all of that very well. I love the flashbacks with Kenobi and Anakin, and shows more of that brotherhood that was in Revenge of the Sith. And it’s fun to see Kenobi and Anakin together again. I also liked the twists with Reva and learning more about her history, her backstory I thought it was all very interesting and it all worked for me. And I guess made her a more interesting character because of it. And it’s also just fun to see Darth Vader very prominent in the episode, he gets in on the action at several points in time. So all in all, I really dug this episode and I wish we got more episodes that were like this. Because if we did, this show could have been a whole lot better. So easily, this is my favorite episode of the show. 


There you have it, my ranking of the 6 episodes of Kenobi. Which episode was your favorite? Also, I’ve talked about a number of the Disney+ Star Wars shows. And yesterday I did drop a season review with spoilers on the whole thing. Thanks for reading!


Comments