Top 5 Villains I Want in The Batman 2


Top 5 Villains I Want in The Batman 2

Just last week at 2022 Cinema Con they announced that a sequel to The Batman is officially happening. Matt Reeves is returning as writer and director, with Robert Pattinson and Zoe Kravitz returning. And Batman might have the greatest rogues gallery of all time, so today I’m sharing 5 villains I want in a sequel. 


NOTE: For the obvious reasons I’m not going to include villains already established in this universe so no Riddler, Penguin, Carmine Falcone, and The Joker. 


5. Harvey Dent/Two-Face: We already have had 2 live action, cinematic versions of the character played by Tommy Lee Jones in Batman Forever and Aaron Eckhart in The Dark Knight. So he’s not the most original villain to put on this list, but I think with the world that was established Two-Face can fit in very nicely. And I think how you should use him is to have him be the lawyer to Barry Keoghan’s Joker, and you have Joker manipulating Dent but Dent doesn’t know it. And in the third act is when Dent becomes Two-Face, and fights Batman. So he’s the main villain until the finale. But the rest of the movie you spend with Harvey Dent, I think that would be a very cool way to use Two-Face. It’s something different from the previous versions of the character. As far as saying goes, I really want MATT DAMON, he’s one of my favorite actors of all time and I really want him in a comic book movie. 


4. Pamela Isley/Poison Ivy: A character that we last saw in cinematic form in the 1997 classic Batman and Robin. So in the year 2022, it’s been 25 years since we last saw her in a movie and by the time a sequel comes out, closer to 30 years. So I think it’s a good time to have another go at the character. And I think with her, she has connections with Selena Kyle. Maybe back in the day, they had a love relationship between the 2 of them and they have this on and off relationship between them. Something like that could be interesting, giving Catwoman, Selena Kyle more of an arc through-out this movie then in the original movie. And for casting, I really want to see ANA DE ARMAS as the character who's becoming one one of my favorite actresses. Knives Out was the first movie I saw her in, then she was in No Time to Die, and then earlier this year she was in Deep Waters, not a good movie but she was great. So I think she could really fit in this universe, with the acting I’ve seen from her over the years. 


3. Hugo Strange: Unlike Two-Face and Poison Ivy, we haven’t gotten a live action cinematic version of Hugo Strange. The only real recognition he’s gotten is with Batman: Arkham City released over 10 years ago. And with the darker more grounded world that Matt Reeves established, I think that Hugo Strange could fit in very nicely. And I think how he should be used if as a Lex Luthor type role. Where he’s a great guy that is smiling and happy to the public, but behind the scenes he’s an evil man that isn’t what the public thinks of him. And you have Batman, Catwoman, and Gordon trying to expose Hugo Strange and that is the plot of the movie. Maybe you have Gordon getting in trouble with the GCPD because of Strange. I don’t know if there are several actors that I want to see play Hugo Strange. But I think RALPH FIENNES or MADS MIKKELSEN could be a great pick, both actors are great at playing villainous roles that can also be charming at points in time. 


2. Victor Freeze/Mr. Freeze: This seems to be the one that the internet wants to see the most, and I think he could be a great pick for this universe. And what’s so interesting about Mr. Freeze is that the only reason why he’s a villain is because he’s trying to protect his wife and get his wife back. So you have this interesting bond between him and Batman, where Batman knows that Victor Freeze isn’t a bad guy just misunderstood as a person. That can make for a great villain, but maybe not necessarily a villain but an antagonist. Maybe you tie him into Bruce Wayne’s history, and what Thomas Wayne did for the city. Make that dynamic much more complex and interesting. This is another one, where I do have a few actors that I want as Mr. Freeze and they are GIANCARLO ESPOSITO and DANIEL CRAIG, both are very solid actors. Esposito has been playing villains for over 10 years now, and is always great. And then you have James Bond himself, and do something different. I think he’s a great actor, and give him a great character like Mr. Freeze and you can have something special. 


1. Thomas Elliot/Hush: A character that was already teased in The Batman, the character of Thomas Elliot does exist in this universe. So why not explore his time as Hush, and like Hugo Strange we haven’t gotten a live action cinematic version of the character. The closest we got was Batman: Arkham City but that was a fairly some role in that game. You can pull inspiration from the Batman: Hush storyline and do another detective type story with Hush. All of that could be very interesting, he’s a dark enough character that fits this already dark and mysterious world very well. As far as casting goes, I think that ADAM DRIVER would do a great job. He’s a world class actor that always delivers a great performance. He might not always be in the best of movies, but his performance is never the issue. And give him a character that is dark and mysterious like Hush, you can get a world class performance from him. With the nature of the character, I think that Hush is the top Batman villain that I want to see in a sequel to The Batman. 


There you have it, 5 villains I want to see in The Batman 2. Which villains would you like to see in The Batman 2? Also, after The Batman came out I did a bunch of Batman related rankings. So you can go check those out on my blog if you want more Batman content. Thanks for reading!


Comments