Top 10 Most Anticipated Summer 2022 Movies


Top 10 Most Anticipated Summer 2022 Movies 

The summer movie season is just around the corner. So in today’s blog post I’m sharing my top 10 most anticipated summer 2022 movies. 


10. Downton Abbey: A New Era (May 20th, 2022): Now this movie might surprise some people that it’s one this list, and it wasn’t originally on this list. But since writing my first draft, and making this my mom, my grandparents, and I are seeing this around mother’s day. And honestly, that’s really why I’m excited for this movie. I get to experience this movie with more fans of this world and these characters. And I haven’t seen the tv show, and quite frankly…I’m not sure if I’m going to get the show watched in time, but my mom can fill me in. And the trailers have worked for me, they have raised my anticipation for this movie. They seem to have some nice touches of humor here and there. So all in all, I am excited for this movie and feel very out of place with the rest of the movies on this list. 


9. DC’s League of Super Pets (July 29th, 2022): This is a bit of an interesting one for me. Because I was mildly curious when they first announced this movie. And the first teaser we got at 2021 DC Fandome showcased a pee joke with Kevin Hart’s character. And then the trailer they put out a month later plus the little Batman trailer revealing that Keanu Reeves is Batman both worked for me. They had a bit of wit and cleverness to the way it does its humor. It’s not just pee and poop jokes, which I appreciate. Plus just having Keanu Reeves as Batman is great casting, that’s the part of the movie that I’m most excited to see. Plus, John Krasinski is Superman in the movie, another great pick here. So overall, I am excited to check this movie out this July. 


8. Samaritan (August 26th, 2022): Another movie that has been delayed for many years at this point. And this is a Sylvester Stallone superhero about a retired superhero who is found by a boy and does one last mission. And that concept sounds very interesting, doing something different with the superhero genre. It is based off of a comic book, it’s not an original superhero story. And the director of the movie is Julius Avery who directed a movie called Overload, which I haven’t seen but from what I’ve heard it’s a really good movie. So with Stallone in the lead, something different with a familiar genre, and what seems to be a solid director you get a movie that I’m excited to check out. 


7. Elvis (June 24th, 2022): A biopic based off of one the most legendary and iconic rock n rollers of all time. And they put out a trailer for the movie back in February and I think it looks interesting. It looks like a movie that is really trying to tell a tried and true movie about Elvis. I’m a big fan of Tom Hanks so his inclusion with this movie does have me excited. And Austin Butler who is playing Elvis seems like he’s going to do a great job. And he’s committed to both looking and sounding like Elvis. Now one thing holding this one back is one of the writers for the movie is Craig Pearce who wrote Romeo+Juliet from the 90s starring Leonardo DiCaprio. Sorry mom, but that’s not a good movie whatsoever. That was a joke, it doesn't actually hold back my excitement level for the movie. 


6. Top Gun: Maverick (May 27th, 2022): A movie that keeps on getting delayed, and looks like it is finally coming out next month. This movie was supposed to come out in July 2020 but kept on getting pushed back. And like most people, I think that the original Top Gun is one of Tom Cruise’s best movies. It’s one of those early films for him, and one that helped make me “Tom Cruise” that he is today. And I’ve dug all of the trailers for this movie. And I appreciated that they are taking it seriously. They aren’t doing it for a quick buck or just winking at the camera. No, they are actually trying to do something with this movie and the character of Maverick. So I am excited to check this movie out in about a month. 


5. Lightyear (June 17th, 2022): Now this is a movie that I’ve always been very excited for ever since they announced it in 2020. It’s an interesting way to continue the Toy Story franchise without feeling forced. Chris Evans is one of my favorite actors and he seems like a great pick to be playing Buzz Lightyear. All of the trailers have worked for me, and it feels like a different type of Pixar movie. All of that has me very excited for this movie. BUT the last three Pixar movies with Soul, Luca, and Turning Red I wasn’t the biggest fan of, and I think it’s Pixar's worst movie streak year. Soul and Luca were mid-tier Pixar, and Turning Red was bottom tier Pixar. So that does make me a bit worried about this movie. 


4. Jurassic World: Dominion (June 10th, 2022): Now I know that a bunch of people do not like this franchise and did not like Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. I liked that movie, I got what I wanted from that movie. There are issues with the movie, but they don’t bother me as much as other people. And that trailer we got back in February was a great trailer and really sold me on this movie. Where you are getting Alan Grant, Elle Sattler, and Ian Malcolm returning for this movie. Closing out this era of the Jurassic Park franchise. And it seems like they are going to be present throughout the movie, not just Ian Malcolm sitting in a court hearing about dinosaurs. And from the trailers, this looks like it could be the best movie since the original. So basically, the best of the sequels. 


3. The Gray Man (July 22nd, 2022): This is a movie that I totally forgot about when I was making my most anticipated list for 2022. And I knew it was coming out, but I didn't see it on any of the lists that I looked at to make my list. But I watched a video after I posted mine, and this was one there. And this seems like a movie targeted for me. First up, it's an action spy thriller, directed by The Russo Brothers, written by the writers of Avenger Endgame, and Chris Evans is the bad guy. Put it all together and that is a movie that seems to be written specifically for me. Plus have Ryan Gosling as the protagonist, a solid actor. And then Ana de Armas is in it too, one of my favorite actress of the last couple of years. The reason why it's not in that top 2 spot is because we don't have a trailer, and once we do have a trailer it could move up on this list.


2. Thor: Love and Thunder (July 8th, 2022): The first time a solo hero in the MCU will be getting their own 4th movie. And this is one that I’ve always been super excited about ever since they announced it. I thought that Taika Waititi brought a fresh new wave of energy to the franchise that it needed. And that is still easily a top tier MCU movie movie, maybe the funniest MCU movie. And we got the trailer for this movie, just last week and it didn't show a whole lot, it didn't show any of the plot for the movie. But the trailer teased exactly what I wanted for this movie, a fun adventure with Thor with him interacting with the Guardians of the Galaxy. So this is a movie that I'm very excited to check out this summer, and hopefully it lives up to all of my hype.


1. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (May 6th, 2022):  I’m a big fan of the MCU (as all of you guys know), so it shouldn’t be a surprise that an MCU is my most anticipated movie of the summer. And this movie just looks really really cool, it looks like it could change the trajectory of the entire MCU. Maybe we 'll get Scarlet Witch as the villain of the movie. That is something I’ve been wanting to see ever since WandaVision ended. In that second trailer that we got we got a tease that Patrick Stewart is returning as Professor X and that would be really cool if we see him again. And I wonder who else we are going to see in this movie. Sam Raimi, a comic book movie directing legend, is returning to the genre. All of that sounds epic and awesome. We only have about a week and a half till this movie release and I’m pumped for it. 


There you have it, my 10 most anticipated summer 2022 movies. Which summer 2022 movies are you most excited for? Thanks for reading!





Comments