Disney+ Marvel Season Premieres Ranked




Disney Marvel Season Premieres Ranked 

Yesterday we got the first episode of Moon Knight, the first Disney Marvel show of 2022. So today we are going to stop and rank all 6 Disney Or Marvel season premieres. Let’s get started! 


6. What If…Captain Carter Were The First Avenger? (What If…?): Now this is a very different season premiere from the other season premieres. But honestly, I’ve just never thought this was all that good of an episode. It’s not a bad episode by any means, but this is easily the most flawed of the What If…? Episodes. Right off the bat, I think the episode’s biggest mistake is that it follows the template of Captain America the First Avenger but it just switches out some new details about it. So the episode has to rush through the plot way too quickly, and it doesn’t give it much to breath. I wanted more to spend in this new world, with Peggy Carter as Captain America and not Steve Rogers. Now I do think this episode is made slightly better from the finale. But it’s still not a very good episode in my mind. 


5. Never Trust Your Heroes (Hawkeye): Now I was very excited for this show, it was always one I was super excited about. But the first episode here wasn’t the best and it was actually my least favorite episode of the show. Now there are some good things in the episode. I think the cast as a whole is really really good. Hailee Steinfeld brings a nice new wave of energy to the MCU that I thought really worked. And she’s been acting since she was like 13 years old so is a seasoned pro at this sort of thing. Plus, it’s nice to see more of Jeremy Renner as the character once again and in the lead. Once again, he’s a pro at this sort of thing so can bring a lot to the role. But in general, I think this episode felt more like a Kate Bishop show with Clint Barton in it, rather than a Clint Barton show with Kate Bishop in it. 


4. Filmed Before A Live Studio Audience (WandaVision): When this episode came out in January 2021 it was the first MCU thing we got since July 2019. And it’s pretty jarring to see Wanda beating Thanos in Avengers Endgame to her 1950s sitcom with Vision is dead. And I thought this was a fun start to both the show and phase 4. And of all of the Disney+ Marvel episodes this is the one that I’ve watched the movie. Not necessarily by choice, but just sort of what happened in the process of it all. And there is something just fun about seeing Wanda and Vision acting in a Dick Van Dyke parody show basically. And the episode does build a bunch of mystery as to what is going on. I don’t necessarily have any issues with this episode because it’s just a good, solid, and fun start to the show. 


3. New World Order (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier): This episode quickly established that this was going to be a show that was designed for me. Spy action shows are my kind of thing, and this is a big budgeted spy action show set in the MCU. That is a show that is designed for me. It opens up with this great action sequence with The Falcon, and it’s still unbelievable that we’ve come this far in television that they can do this on television. Plus, I just think that Sam and Bucky are interesting characters and I like how they are played by Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan. And I like how character focused it is, where we spend about 85% of the episode with Sam’s family and their financial troubles. I thought all of that was super interesting and helped us understand him as a character. So all in all, I thought this was a really good first episode of this show. 


2. The Goldfish Problem (Moon Knight): The latest series premiere is easily one of the most well made and most well crafted of the premieres. The best thing about this show is that it's totally new and totally different from the MCU. We got a darker MCU story with a different story structure about it. Where it is an origin story set inside of the MCU, but it feels very different from any other origin story set inside of the MCU. Oscar Isaac just delivers a pretty great performance as this guy who is very broken but still very likable at the same time. Ethan Hawke is another great addition to the show as the villain. The episode also does a great job of raising mystery and building intrigue, you are very curious about where all of this is going. It raises a bunch of questions that I want to see answers for in the rest of the season. Now I strongly debated putting this episode at number 1, but what holds it back is I’ve already seen the full season of the first place show, and only episode 1 of this show. So maybe once this show ends, it can move up into that number 1 spot. 


1. Glorious Purpose (Loki): For me this is the most well rounded of the bunch. Of these 6 episodes, it’s the one that quickly establishes all of the rules of how this world works. We understand in this episode the threat of the season, and what the plot of the season is going to be. And after 23 movies and 2 tv shows they still found a new pocket of the MCU to do world building for. And I thought the world building in this episode was great, it made you understand the rules of the TVA very early on in this episode. I thought that Tom Hiddelston and Owen Wilson have great chemistry with each other and make for one of the best MCU duos out there. I also thought that on a production level, it was top notch. The way the TVA looks with 1980s technology but also futuristic type technology in there as well, it looked really cool. So with the intrigue, cast, world building, and production this is my favorite of the Disney+ Marvel premieres. 


There you have it, my ranking of all 6 Marvel Season premieres. Which premiere is your favorite? Thanks for reading!


Comments