Top 5 Favorite Arrowverse Actors and Actress



Top 5 Favorite Arrowverse Actors and Actress

If you have been around my blog for a while you know that I’ve been a pretty big fan of the Arrowverse. I’ve covered the Arrowverse so many times on my blog, so with us being in the middle of the current batch of Arrowverse seasons, I wanted to share my 5 favorite Arrowverse actors and actresses. Let’s get started


Actress:

5. Elizabeth Tulloch as Lois Lane: Of the 10 actors and actresses I’m going to be talking about, this is the newest edition to the Arrowverse. And I think she has done a very good job of playing Lois Lane in the Arrowverse. She can play the loving mother to Jordan and Jonathan in Superman and Lois, you can see how she does care for her family. And she also has great chemistry with Tyler Hoechlin who plays Superman. And the character of Lois Lane in the comics is written to be a strong reporter in the world of DC. And Tulloch can play that side of the character really well, she nails playing that side of the character. Part of it is the writing, but it also does come down to the acting. She can play the different sides of the characters really well, and I’m excited to see what she can bring to season 2 of Superman and Lois and other Arrowverse shows. 


4. Brec Bassinger as Courtney Whitmore/Stargirl: I think the character of Stargirl is one of the more relatable characters in the Arrowverse. She’s a high schooler and she has a step-dad. I'm in high school at the moment and I had a step-dad for many years. And I just think the Brec does a really good job of playing this relatable high schooler that gets swept up in this superhero adventure. Courtney has this naive and bubbly personality about her, and that is another side that Brec can play really well. She also has great chemistry with everybody on the show, and is the glue holding the team and the show together. And since we haven’t gotten a live action Stargirl before this version of the character, I think she can make it her own a little bit more. And the character can be written with a little bit more originality to her. 


3. Caity Lotz as Sara Lance/White Canary: Caity Lotz has been playing this character for about 9 years, longer than Stephen Amell played Oliver Queen. And I think that’s a big part as to why I think she has done a great job in the Arrowverse. We are at the point in time where she just knows how to play Sara. And I think because they have given Sara such a big arc through-out her time on Arrow and then on Legends of Tomorrow, Caity has been able to adapt just as much as Sara has. I think it’s safe to say that Sara was a much darker character in Arrow then on Legends of Tomorrow and I think Caity can play both the dark and fun side of the character. And when Legends of Tomorrow first started, I wasn’t thinking that she was going to be the leader of the team, and the lead character on the show. But I think it’s a nice way to continue her arc. 


2. Melissa Benoist as Kara Danvers/Supergirl: I’ve said this a couple of times but I was late to watching Supergirl. Season 6 was the first season that I was watching as the episodes were coming out. So the first time I saw Melissa play Supergirl was in the Invasion! crossover event, when this show was in season 2. And then I finally started watching her show, and her show is pretty campy and goofy. And I think that Melissa can play all of the goofy sides of the character really well, and adds this bubbly vibe to the whole thing. I also love the dynamic between The Flash and Supergirl, and I think Melissa has great chemistry with Grant Gustin. Melissa might have played the most important and prominent female character in the Arrowverse. So I sure hope that we get to see more of Melissa in the Arrowverse, and she wants to come back and play the character. 


1. Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen: When I was making the first draft of this list, I actually didn’t include her on the list. Because I was more thinking about the leads of the Arrowverse, but I do think she is the best actress to come out of the Arrowverse. The character of Moira is one of the most complicated and complex characters in the entire Arrowverse. In seasons 1 and 2, she isn’t a villain but she is an antagonist towards Oliver. But sometimes she is helping Oliver defeat people like Malcolm, but at the same time helping out Malcolm. And I think Susanna can play all of the different sides of the character so well. And I always enjoyed it when she appeared in guest stars roles through the rest of Arrow’s run with the final 6 seasons. 


Actors:

5. Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent/Superman: For me, this is one of the better live action versions of Superman that we’ve gotten. Ever since he first appeared in season 2 of Supergirl, I’ve kind of wanted him to get his own show, because I loved what Tyler brought to the character. He can play both Clark Kent and Superman really well. Then in February 2021 we finally got his own show, and that is a great show. And as we are in the middle of the second season of the show, I think it shows that he does a great job of nailing both sides of the same coin with Superman and Clark Kent. Like I said earlier, but Tyler has great chemistry with Elizabeth Tulloch as Lois Lane. And one final thing, he can play the father side of the character really well. 


4. Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson/Deathstroke: For me Deathstroke is one of the best Arrowverse villains. Now part of that is because they spend a lot of time with him. We see him form a friendship with Oliver in season 1. And as you move into season 2, you see the evil side of Slade start to come out. And once he gets to the present day and reunites with Oliver he becomes a great villain. And I just think that Manu Bennett can play all sides of the character really well, he can play the friend with Oliver just as well as he can play Deathstroke. And I’m bummed that he had to stop being Slade because the DCEU had plans with Joe Mangalino as the character. And I think that Manu Bennett was a great Deathstroke and I hope that one day we get to see him back in the suit. 


3. Tom Cavanagh as Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash: Now this man had a hard task of having to play about a dozen different versions of Harrison Wells. When they introduced the concept of the multiverse in season 2. And that just allowed an infinite number of Harrison Wells to be introduced into the show. And I think that Cavanagh played all of the different characters really well, when it’s the more serious Wells he can play that just as well as the more fun Wells. When Tom Cavanagh is Eobard Thawne it’s some of the best acting in the Arrowverse, he’s great as the villain. But I also really like him as Harry Wells was in season 2 and 4. And so all of the different versions of the character are fun in their own way, and Cavanagh plays all of them really really well. 


2. Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive comes in at number 2 on this list. And he’s another actor that can play both the serious and fun side of the character really well. When Barry needs to be more dramatic you buy it because Grant does a great job of portraying it. But I think that when Barry needs to be fun and high energy Grant is even better at that. Drunk Barry in season 4 is one of the funniest things to ever come out of the Arrowverse. I remember laughing out loud so hard when that scene was taking place. Even in season 7 when Barry has the different versions of Wells in his body and Barry has to act like them, it really worked for me and found it to be very funny stuff. So he is a greatly well rounded actor inside of the Arrowverse. 


1. Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow: In a lot of ways, he’s the godfather of this universe similar to how Robery Downey Jr. is the godfather of the MCU. He’s the guy that started it all for the Arrowverse. And I just think that Stephen Amell had done such a great job of playing Oliver Queen. Pre-Island Oliver as the douchebag billionaire that isn’t very likable Amell can play that. When Oliver is returning to Star City in season 1 and becoming Green Arrow Amell can play that. And just when Oliver is suited up as the Green Arrow he’s great at doing it, no matter what the writers need Amell to do he can do it. He is Oliver Queen to me, there might be a movie version of the character soon, but I think that Amell will always be Oliver Queen to me. He also just has great chemistry with everybody in the Arrowverse. His bromance with Barry is so great, and their interactions in Elseworlds is great. And you buy the chemistry between Oliver and Felicity in the show. So easily, he’s my number 1 pick. 


There you have it, my 5 favorite Arrowverse actors and actresses. Which Arrowverse actor and actress is your favorite? Thanks for reading!



Comments