Hawkeye Episodes Ranked




Hawkeye Episodes Ranked

Just a couple days back Hawkeye, the final Disney+ Marvel show of the year finished. Like how I’ve done with the previous show, today I’m going to be ranking the 6 Hawkeye episodes. Let’s get started!


6. Never Meet Your Heroes (Episode 1): A good enough start to the show that didn’t really blow my mind. Of the 6 episodes of the show, this is the one that is kind of just there for me. This episode didn’t have any big mistakes but it also didn’t do anything that I thought was great. I appreciated that this show and episode are much more grounded then other MCU projects. I’d even go as far as saying that this is the most grounded and realistic project in the MCU. They also introduce a fun new character with Kate Bishop played by Hailee Steinfeld. And she can play both the fun and charming side of the character really well. But you can also buy her as this troubled kid that is struggling to connect with her mother. And this episode lays the foundation that the rest of the show can build off of. So all in all this was a good start to the show, but I found it to be a bit underwhelming for the first episode. 


5. Hide and Seek (Episode 2): An episode that was a slight improvement over episode 1 but still not a great episode. I thought this episode had a lot of really solid moments between Clint and Kate, and showed that Jeremy Renner and Hailee Steinfeld have great chemistry with one another. I also appreciated that we got to learn a bit more about Kate’s stepfather played by Tony Dalton and what his involvement in this show is going to be. And I thought when he was fencing with Kate it was a great scene here. And it’s also great to see the continuation of Clint’s arc in the show. But since this was essentially the end to the first act of the season, I wanted there to be something extra in this episode. Something that gave us a tease for the overarching threat of the season. This is the point in time of the season in which things should start to escalate and be kicked into high gear. But that’s not what happened in this episode. So all in all this is a good episode of the show but not a great episode. 


4. Ronin (Episode 5): This might be a bit of an unpopular opinion to not have this episode in that top tier spot, but I still liked this episode. I enjoyed all 6 episodes of the show. But this is one that has some great moments in it, and the great moments book end the episode. The stuff with Kate and Yelena in the first 15 minutes are great, Hailee Steinfeld and Florence Pugh have great chemistry with one another. And the final big twist and reveal on who the “big boss” of the season is, and if you have been following the rumor mill on who it is…it’s cool to see. And then I also really liked the moment with Clint and Echo and how that plays out. But like I said, I thought the episode was bookend with great moments. But all of the stuff in the middle of the episode was fine, it wasn’t bad. But I didn’t really care for what was happening. So while this episode was good, it wasn’t a great episode. 


3. So This is Christmas? (Episode 6): The season finale to the show is a very good one. The episode does a nice job of closing out the many plot lines running through-out the show. And the show did come to a satisfying conclusion in the final moments of this episode. I think the episode also has some of the best action of the show and I really like seeing Clint and Kate teaming up and fighting The Tracksuit Mafia goons with all of the trick arrows. And just getting to see the big boss of the show in action was really cool to see. I don’t want to spoil who it is but it makes me want to watch another tv show. And the episode does have some great emotional moments with Clint and Yelena and Yelena learning the truth. Just in general, this was a finale that had satisfying moments, cool action, and emotional weight to it. The one misstep here is I thought the big boss of the show was underused in this episode. But besides that I thought this was a very good finale to the show. 


2. Partners, Am I Right? (Episode 4): It seems to be a trend with these Marvel shows. Episode 4 of the show is the best episode or one of the best episodes. And this show continues that trend. What I thought this episode did right was provide some great conflict between Clint and Kate, and some great moments between them. Where they are talking about Clint’s past and what to do next. When the episode ends and Clint realizes that this is something he needs to do on his own, he can’t get Kate killed or injured with what is going one. He realizes that this conflict is involved with his past, not hers. Also, that does provide some emotional moments where Clint really wants to go and see his family for Christmas. But he can’t because he needs to make sure this job is down. And I think the episode delivers some of the best action of the entire show especially with that rooftop battle at the end of the episode. So this was a great episode that I thoroughly enjoyed. 


1. Echoes (Episode 3): This was the first great episode of the season and one of the more well rounded episodes of the show. Where it’s very much an action based episode where the first 85% of the episode is a lot of action. It starts off with Clint and Kate escaping The Tracksuit Mafia which turns into this fun chase in an abandoned toy storage area with them using the nearby toys in the action sequence. It’s a great little sequence that I really enjoyed. You get this great car chase that was shown heavily in the marketing for the show. And you get these really cool shots of Kate shooting arrows out of the car. But it’s not just the action that is great, you get more of that great dynamic between Clint and Kate and you get this sense that Clint actually really cares for Kate. And I think having Clint lose his hearing aid in this episode provides some funny moments where he can’t hear her but he would repeat something she just said and it did put a smile on my face. We get the introduction to Echo who was a really important character to the show. So put it all together and you get a great episode of the show. And this was the most well rounded of the episodes for me.



There you have it, my ranking of the Hawkeye episodes. What is your favorite episode of the show? Also, a character ranking will be happening in a couple of days. And I’ve already done a number of rankings for the previous Disney Marvel shows. Thanks for reading!


Comments