Top 5 Favorite Thor Moments



Top 5 Favorite Thor Moments

In September I did Iron Man, in October I did Captain America. In today’s blog post I’m going to be sharing my 5 favorite Thor moments inside of the MCU. Let’s get started!


NOTE: This post will contain SPOILERS for The Avengers, Thor Ragnarok, and Avengers Infinity War. So if you haven’t seen one of those movies. DON’T READ THIS BLOG POST!


  • Meeting the Guardians of the Galaxy (Avengers Infinity War): As you know, Avengers Infinity War is one of the best MCU movies in my opinion. And one of the best scenes of the movie is when the Guardians of the Galaxy are traveling through space and accidentally meet up with Thor. And you get some of the best dialogue in the entire movie with the fact that Star-Lord is so insecure, and is so jealous of Thor. And you just get some of the best lines of the movie. With Star-Lord “mocking” Thor, and Drax saying that Thor is not a dude but a man. And that’s one of the aspects that I’m most looking forward to in both Thor Love and Thunder and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. Is more of that dynamic between Thor and the Guardians. So in a movie that has a bunch of great moments, this is one that stands out. 


  • Arena Battle (Thor Ragnarok): On the day that I’m writing this my mom and I actually rewatched this movie. And once again, this is a movie that has a bunch of great moments inside of it. And I think this is the best scene of the movie. Where it starts off with Thor in an arena, and if you saw the marketing then you know that Hulk is going to show-up. But when he bursts through the door, it’s still really exciting to see. And then you get some of the best jokes of the movie with the “he’s a friend from work” joke. It makes me laugh everytime I watch the movie. I love Loki’s reaction to seeing The Hulk. And then the action itself I think is done very well, it’s shot well. And it is a lot of fun to see Thor and Hulk duke it out in a gladiator type battle. Put all of it together, and you get a great scene and one of the best Thor moments


  • Shakespeare in the Park (The Avengers): Another time when Thor fought one of the original 6 Avengers. And similar to the arena battle, this scene has a little bit of everything. It kind of puts a smile on your face when you have two heroes battle it out in the forest. And obviously, Thor is much more powerful than Iron Man but Iron Man keeps on finding ways to put up a good fight. Iron Man gets some great moments, but even Thor gets some nice moments here and there. But the scene starts with Thor and Loki having a talk and it shows that Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddelston have great chemistry. And through-out the talk with Loki and the fight with Iron Man, Thor gets some great moments. 


  • Thor’s Full Power (Thor Ragnarok): Another great moment from Thor Ragnarok, and this is one that it’s so badass and cool to see Thor use his full power. Just to be clear, I’m talking about the moment in the finale of the movie. Where Thor is the “here comes the cavalry” moment in the finale. You get a great usage of The Immigrant Song and it’s a scene that works for me. And honestly, the finale to this movie has a bunch of great moments inside of it. And I just love seeing Thor using his full power of thunder and lightning and taking out Hela’s army of zombie Asgardian soldiers. And I hope that in Love and Thunder we get some sort of moment like this because this is an awesome moment


  • Thor Arrives in Wakanda (Avengers Infinity War): And as a point of reference, I do think this is the best Thor moment inside of the MCU. And I think that Infinity War is the best usage of the Thor character, it’s a broken version of the character but is still really funny. And once again, they use Thor as the cavalry in the finale to this movie. And in Wakanda, our heroes are losing to Thanos’ forces. Black Panther is getting tackled, the Hulkbuster is getting destroyed. Then all of a sudden we see the bifrost show up, Stormbreaker shows up and starts taking out the army. Then we get this epic team-up shot with Thor, Rocket, and Groot as the Avengers music is playing. And this is peak Thor, this is Thor in his prime and it’s a great moment. So easily, this is my favorite moment from Thor in the MCU. 


There you have it, my 5 favorite Thor moments in the MCU. What is your favorite? Also, back in September I did this with Iron Man and in October I did with Captain America. And next month, I’m going to be doing Hulk. Thanks for reading!


Comments