Arrowverse Year 9 Seasons Ranked



Arrowverse Year 9 Seasons Ranked

Just a couple weeks back, Supergirl season 6 finished. That means that the 9th year of the Arrowverse has come to an end. So today I’m going to be ranking all 7 Arrowverse seasons from year 9. Also, tomorrow I will be ranking all of the Arrowverse seasons...part 1 at least, and then part 2 a couple days after that. With that out of the way, let’s get started! 


7. Supergirl Season 6: I was super disappointed by this season, and I was rooting for this season to be much better than it actually is. Because I always want a final season of a show to go out with a bang. And for the most part, I found this season to be pretty underwhelming and disappointed me on a bunch of different levels. The more and more I have thought about how political this season gets. The more I question what they were thinking with this season. And the biggest issue with this is what they do in episode 12 and having it focus around Kelly, that was my least favorite episode of the season. And it’s because you have a scene where Kelly is lecturing Supergirl about not focusing on their not being enough housing for poor people. And wants her to stop focusing on Xxyly trying to destroy the Earth and focus on helping her. It makes me not like Kelly as a character. Even some of the ideas are interesting but have terrible execution in the way they play out. And the characters here aren’t likable whatsoever. So I didn’t care for this season. 


6. Black Lightning Season 4: Now I wasn’t really expecting much from this season, because I don’t really care about this show. And this season was just another totally mediocre season that I forgot about. And the biggest issue with this season is that it doesn’t feel like it closes out the show, it doesn’t feel like that ending to the show. And it felt like they forgot about it, because in the final scene of the series finale you have Jefferson saying that he’s going to retire from being Black Lightning, and live out his days with Lynn. And the Gambi does the same thing, but it came out of nowhere. Even the final scene of the finale seemed like it could have set up another season really nicely. But since it’s the end of the show, it’s weird. To me it felt like the writers were writing the finale of the show, and totally forgot that this was the series finale. And very quickly wrote a season to provide closure for the show. Beyond that, the number of plot lines that they had in the season didn’t really work for me. So easily, this is one of the weaker seasons of the year 9. And not a very good final season to the show. 


5. Batwoman Season 2: In a lot of ways, this season functions as another first season for the show. Because Ruby Rose, the lead for season 1 didn’t return for this season. And so they had to hire a new actress to be Batwoman. And of the 7 seasons on the list, this is the one that is just there for me. Everything in this episode is good enough, it’s fine. You could ask me what I thought of the big plot lines, character arcs, or characters. And I would have told you they are all fine, nothing in this season impressed me or embarrassed me. I thought that Ryan Wilder as the new Batwoman was a nice change of pace, and she has a more bubbly personality than Kate Kane did in season 1. But this is also a season that had a few to many things going on, and none of it felt developed enough. The big thing with that is Black Mask as the main villain, he just feels like a generic villain that wants to present himself as a hero to the city but an evil business man behind the scenes. But the season never explores him as a character, all we know is that he is evil. So like I said, this season is fine, but the episode never did anything to wow me. 


4. The Flash Season 7: If Batwoman season 2 is the most “there” season on this list, this is the one that I’m most polarized by. Because some ideas I thought were great, and others not so great. Right off the bat, I think the Godspeed plot line in the back half of the season was great, he is one of the better villains on the show. I also liked the plot line they gave Joe in the season, and there are some great moments with that. I know some people found the humor to be cringe worthy, for me I laughed at it. It worked for me and provided some solid laughs. BUT, this is easily the worst written season of the show. Where in the first half of the season with the main villain you have her coming into existence because of what Barry and Iris did in episode 3 of the season. So she starts calling Barry ``dad”, and Iris starts calling all of the people they created in episode 3 “kids''. And I HATE IT when movies or tv shows do this sort of writing, I don’t think it works. Also, they wrote Barry to be very unlikable for most of the season. In episode 10 he wants to defeat the villain so Team Flash gets help from this person, and Barry is talking down to her that she isn’t doing her job fast enough. That isn’t what I want from Barry Allen. So this is a season that I constantly go back and forth on. 


3. Legends of Tomorrow Season 6: After a couple of weaker seasons with seasons 4 and 5, I found this to be a nice return to form for the show. And I thought it was the best season since season 3. What I think helps this season out the most is that I think this has one of the best season long stories of the entire show. It’s much more complex with its character relationships, and filled with great twists and turns involving Sara. Also, one of my big issues with seasons 4 and 5 is that it just got a bit too goofy. It felt like they cranked up the goofiness sliders all the way up to 10, but for this season it was more like a 5 or 6. And it is very much a character based season, we spend a lot of time focusing on our characters. Especially Sara, and this is the season that we spend the most time with her as a person. On the negative, I think Bishop could have been used better in the finale. I wanted this showdown between Sara and Bishop, but the way Bishop was killed in the finale was stupid. With him being killed by little alien babies, I wish they did more with him. And I do think the season has a few too many things going on and feels a bit scatter shot at points in time. In general, this is a very solid edition to the show and the Arrowverse. 


2. Stargirl Season 2: Stargirl as a whole has been a very good show, I thought season 1 was great and one of the better seasons of the Arrowverse. And I found this season to be a very solid follow-up season to that one. And I appreciated that this season was much more ambitious and epic than season 1. You feel that epic weight of the danger that Eclipso serves on this town and the characters. Speaking of the characters, they really explore the heroes through Eclipso. He’s a villain that brings out the darkest side of the characters, and that causes a way for us to explore them. We dive deeper into Pat’s time in the Justice Society of America, which fleshes him out. And that can even cause conflict between Courtney and Pat which was handled very well. And I just in general, this season did a lot of things really well. On the negative, while pieces of Eclipso I really dug, his character as a whole felt pretty generic in his big master plan that he has. Even his plan felt very familiar to what Prometheus set out to do in the 5th season of Arrow. Also, I think there's way too many things going on, and so it’s a bit of an unfocused season. A couple mistakes here and there but in general I dug this season. 


1. Superman and Lois Season 1: When they announced that they were developing a Superman tv show for The CW, I was really excited. Because I’ve wanted this version of Superman to get his own show for a while. And the Arrowverse at that point in time had been pretty uneven, so I wasn’t sure where to fall on this season. But obviously, given the placement on this list or you read my season review, I really dug this season. And what I think works best about this season is that it finds a new light to explore the character of both Clark Kent and Superman. In a lot of ways, this show feels like Man of Steel on a tv show with it’s tone and the types of themes that it’s exploring, it feels very much like that movie and that’s a positive for me. The cast all around is great, Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tullouch do a great job of leading this show. They have great chemistry with one another, and they do a good job of leading the show. But you get some nice supporting cast and characters that flesh out this season really well. There also are plenty of great twists and turns in the black half of the season, if you have seen the show then you know what I’m talking about. Put it all together and you get a top tier Arrowverse season, so easily without question. No debat in my head, this is the best season of Arrowverse year 9. 


There you have it, my ranking of the 7 seasons from Arrowverse Year 9. What was your favorite season? Also, coming in a couple of days I’m going to be ranking all 36 Arrowverse seasons, I’m excited to share that with you. Thanks for reading!


Comments