Upcoming DC Comic Movies Ranked by Excitement
A couple days ago, we got the DC Fandome. Which also happened on my birthday, that event gave us a bunch of updates and new news on their upcoming movies. So in today’s blog post I’m going to be ranking the upcoming DC movies by my excitement. Let’s get started!
NOTE: They have said that a Batgirl and Blue Beetle movie are in development, and they have cast the title heroes. BUT I didn’t include them on this list. But we all know the lead and that it’s coming, nothing more behind that. So I’m not going to talk about them in this list.
6. DC’s League of Super Pets (May 20th, 2022): To be clear, while this one is in last place I’m still excited for this movie. And prior to this event, I was a lot more excited for this movie then I am now. Because they put out a minute long teaser and we finally hear Dwayne Johnson as Krypto and Kevin Hart as Ace. You get some solid jokes in the beginning of the trailer. But then you get a 20 second long bit about the fact that Ace is taking too long to pee. And it’s a bit awkward, and it didn’t make me laugh. Based on the trailer, it seems like they are going a bit too kiddy and goofy for my taste. But maybe once the movie comes more of the humor would work for me. Maybe the jokes are more clever in the way they are done...maybe they aren’t at the same time. But I’m still excited to check this movie out. I like the cast with Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, John Krasinski, Diego Luna, and Keanu Reeves. It is a fun set of actors. Maybe this movie will be pretty good, a pretty solid DC animated movie. But with the information we have now it seems a bit too childish for my taste. But still, I’m going to be pretty excited to check this movie next summer.
5. Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (December 16th, 2022): I had a lot of fun with the original movie, it’s easily the goofiest of the DCEU movies but that’s part of what made that me a very solid DCEU movie. So when they announced a sequel was coming, I was excited and curious to get more of Aquaman and more of this world. And they haven’t finished filming yet, so they couldn’t release a teaser or anything like that. So all that we got was a behind the scenes look, and Jason Momoa talking about how excited he was to be back with this crew of people. You also had the director, James Wan saying that this is a globe trotting movie with a bunch of spectacle. Which is kind of like the original movie, a globe-trotting movie where Aquaman and Mera have to find a trident and stop Ocean Master’s big evil plan. So when they say that this movie is a global trotting movie, it feels a bit too similar to the original movie, and that makes me nervous. But Wan did say they are going to other worlds and stuff like that, so I’m sure that the movies will play out differently. But with the information we know, this is the one that is in last place.
4. Shazam! Fury of the Gods (June 2nd, 2023): Of these 6 movies, this is the one that is coming out the furthest. And in a lot of ways, the footage they put out for this movie is similar to Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom in the sense that it’s just a behind the scenes look. But I thought this movie had a better version of that. The big thing that they focused on for this footage was that the action and story is much bigger in this movie then the previous movie. Which that’s why I’m excited for the movie, but also where I think a bit of my concerns. I like that they are wanting to tell this big epic comic book movie sequel, with bigger action, bigger stakes, and a bigger story. BUT bigger doesn’t always mean better, so many of the MCU sequels tried to go bigger with the story and most of the time they didn’t work. And I’m nervous that it’s going to be the case with this movie. But the movie seems to have a lot of heart that was present in the original movie. And similar to Aquaman I had a lot of fun with the original movie. So based on what the strength of the original movie and the information that they revealed here has me excited. But a couple things do make me nervous for this movie. So of the 6 movies, this is the one that I’m most split on with my excitement.
3. Black Adam (July 29th, 2022): This is an interesting one because The Rock was cast as Black Adam in September 2014...over 7 years ago to this day. And it would have been almost 8 years since this movie came out. So the fact that The Rock has had this as a passion project for so long makes me very excited and curious to check it out. Because given the nature of Black Adam, being this anti hero in the DC universe that is killing a lot of people, The Rock doesn’t seem like an obvious choice for that role. I’m sure he’ll be great, but that has me curious about it at the same time. And we’ve gotten a few minutes of material. Because last year, we got 2 separate previous. One giving the history and backstory of Black Adam, and the other is teasing Justice Society of America. Here we got one talking about behind the scenes for the movie, and a 1 minute long teaser of one of the opening scenes. Since the movie doesn’t come out till next summer, this is a nice tease of what is to come. I’m sure that in December or January we will get a full length trailer and get more of the vibe and the plot for the movie. But with the cast that we do have, and the information we do have I’m very excited to check this movie out next summer.
2. The Flash (November 4th, 2022): This is another interesting one because they have been trying to get a Flash movie starring Ezra Miller made ever since 2016. And we still haven’t gotten it yet, which makes sense given the history of the DCEU. And that trailer they put out really worked for me, this movie looks great and a lot of fun. But it was just mainly a glimpse of what’s to come, we don’t get much here but it’s still cool. And even hearing Michael Keaton’s voice narrating the trailer is awesome to see, and once again that little tease of Michael Keaton at the end there. Sounds awesome, it’s going to be great seeing Michael Keaton as Batman again. And I’d imagine people are going to be freaking out once we get an actual trailer and we see Michael Keaton in the trailer. It also seems like we are getting two Ezra Miller’s in this movie, which sounds and looks interesting. And I really want to know why that’s the case. I know we are over a year out and we don’t have much. We see Ben Affleck’s Batman’s cowl on the ground. And Ezra Miller reaching for a hand...I’m thinking Ben Affleck dies in this movie. They said that Affleck was going to be the heart for this movie, so killing them is a possibility. And one negative, I don’t think Flash’s new suit is good. I much prefer the Justice League suit.
1. The Batman (March 4th, 2022): The other 5 movies I'm excited for. I’m going to be there opening night, opening weekend seeing those movies. But of the 6 movies that DC is putting out over the next couple of years. This is easily the one that I’m most excited to see. And both of the trailers they have put out at DC Fandome, has me very excited for this movie. This is a dark and gritty Batman movie that is a detective story. That is a key piece on who Batman is, and we haven’t really gotten that from any of the other Batman movies. Matt Reeves looks like he crafted a fantastic Batman movie, and what I think could be one of the greatest comic book movies out there. I still remember when they announced Robert Pattinson as Batman, and I was so confused as to why they got the guy from Twilight to be Batman. But he looks like he’s doing a great job with the character. Put it all together and you get my most anticipated comic book movie that is announced, and of 2022. So easily, there is no competition in my mind but The Batman is my number 1.
There you have it, my ranking of the 6 upcoming DC movies ranked by excitement. Which of these movies are you most excited for? Thanks for reading!
Comments