Top 10 Favorite T.V. Shows
There have been so many great tv shows over the time that I’ve been alive. And it is my birthday today, I turn 17 years old today! So in today’s blog post I’m going to be sharing my 10 favorite tv shows of all time. Let’s get started!
10. The Batman: For me, this is one of the most overlooked DC animated shows out there. When people think about what great animated DC shows are. They think Batman the Animated Series, Batman Beyond, or Justice League: Unlimited and this show doesn’t get talked about enough. It's 5 seasons, like 10-15 episodes and it’s just Batman in Gotham City with his Rogues Gallery. The Justice League ties into season 5, the final season and each episode has a different member joining in. Season 3 they introduce Batgirl, and season 4 they introduce Robin. And I think season 4 is the best season, seeing Robin join Team Batman, all really cool stuff. And the design for it was really cool, because it’s not what we are used to. Like Joker in this show, looks nothing like what we’ve seen before or since then, and that’s a positive. The animation is very well done, and it looks really cool. I’m a bit surprised this show isn’t talked about more, because it’s a great show that if you haven’t seen it check it out. Because I watched episode 1 on HBO Max just a few months back, and it still holds up.
9. The Mandalorian: I’m a big fan of Star Wars, and this might be unpopular but I like Disney Star Wars. ⅘ of the movies are good to great, and I think The Mandalorian is one of the better things to come out of Disney Star Wars. Season 2 I thought was a big improvement over season 1, still thought season 1 was good. But season 2 was just great and next level. And this is a perfect example of what I want Star Wars to do, do something that doesn’t tie into Skywalkers or the Jedi or the Sith. Star Wars is such a big world, you can tell other stories and that’s what this show is. A western set in the world of Star Wars, that’s interesting and fun to see. The characters are a lot of fun, they give The Mandalorian this arc through-out the two seasons and it works. Of course, Baby Yoda is a legend at this point in time. I’m excited for season 3 and excited for what kind of stories they can tell without Baby Yoda being there. And the finale to season 2, I think is one of the greatest finales to any season or tv show.
8. Arrow and The Flash: I know I’m cheating on this one, but I really enjoy both of these shows. The truth is, I couldn’t pick which one is better. Both of them have high points and great seasons that are top tier Arrowverse. But both of them have seasons that are bottom tier Arrowverse and aren’t as good as a whole. Season 4 of Arrow is widely regarded as the worst season, and that’s the truth but I don’t hate that season, I still find it watchable and enjoyable. So even at both of the shows’ worst it’s still a fun adventure with these characters. I might be a bit biased because I met Stephen Amell at a comic con back in December 2018, got my picture taken with him and it was just a really cool experience, great guy all around. So season 7 of The Flash was frustrating, but I’m still looking forward to season 8 and what they can do with the first 5 episodes being a crossover. This might be unpopular, but both of the shows are important to me.
7. The Simpsons: If in 2022 or 2023 a zombie apocalypse was to happen, and it was to wipe out the entire planet...The Simpsons will still be on television. And they haven’t really been good since 2002 or something like that, but seasons 3-8 are some of the best television. They are just such episodes with great humor in it that works. And it’s one that you watch when you're 9 and certain jokes go over your head, but me watching it as a 17 year old you get more of the jokes and even some jokes go over your head. But when The Simpsons is great, they are legendary. Where those seasons each had multiple fantastic episodes, that is so funny. Like Mr. Plow is one that is just great, that is the first episode of the show that I ever saw. So that episode will always kind of have a special place in my heart. But on the other hand, their television for the past 15-20 years isn’t very good. But the 1990s to early 2000 it’s great stuff. This isn’t a part of the show, but I really dig The Simpsons Movie, just such a funny and lively animated movie.
6. Sherlock: This is a modern day telling of Sherlock Holmes that ran for 4 seasons and went from 2010 to 2017. And Benedict Cumberbatch (who my mom is a BIG fan of) is Sherlock Holmes, and he’s just great. He just plays all of the different sides of this weird character really well, and it might be my favorite performance that he’s done. Then Watson is Martin Freeman who I just always enjoy when he shows up in things, he just has this energy about him that I enjoy. Cumberbatch and Freeman have great chemistry of the Holmes and Watson duos that I’ve seen, they would be my favorite. And it’s one that keeps this great mystery in each episode of what is going on, you are trying to put the pieces together as Holmes and Watson do in the episodes. And the episodes are like 90 minutes long and like 4 episodes to a season, but an hour of it is “the episode” and the last 30 minutes are like behind the scenes. So I think it’s on Netflix, or at least it was. If you like Benedict Cumberbatch or Sherlock Holmes this would be a great one to check out. All in all, this is a great telling of the Sherlock Holmes character and world that he is a part of.
5. The Big Bang Theory: A very opposite type of show from what Sherlock is. But, in my mind this is a great show. And my mom just started watching it because...I don’t know why. And we fell in love with the characters, the humor, and everything about it. It’s just a great show that has likable characters. Sheldon Cooper is one of the most iconic television characters from 2000 to 2021. He has a bunch of humor about it, but with how his character is written could come off selfish but he’s still written to be likable. Even Leonard is this guy who is just a good guy helping out his friends and he even gets some nice humor. Each of the characters have something about them that stands out and is funny. They even get such fun guest stars on the show like, Mark Hamill, Bob Newhart, Stan Lee, Stephen Hawking, Regina King, and so many other familiar faces that it’s just fun to see. There isn’t a bad season in the mix, or a bad character. It’s a funny show with likable characters and that’s what you want from a comedy show like this.
4. The Office: Some people reading this might be shocked that this show isn’t top 3 or top 2 on my list. But hey, this is still a fantastic show with such likable and fun characters. Similar to The Big Bang Theory but this is one of the quintessential comedies of the 21st century. This tv show has so many fans and in a lot of ways is more popular now than it was when it came out. Because it was on Netflix and is when people my age started watching and falling in love with this show. Now, the first season and the final couple of seasons aren’t the best. But seasons 3-6 are pretty great seasons of television, each of these seasons have multiple stand-out episodes that I laugh watching. It’s easy to forget but prior to this show, Steve Carrell and John Krasinski weren’t household names. But now they are and it started because of this. Jim and Pam are one of the couples on television, Krasinski and Jenna Fischer have great chemistry with one another. There are so many quotable lines in this episode, “Beers, Beats, Battlestar Galactica” being one of the best quotes and cold opens to the show. This is a top tier sit-com, and I love this show.
3. Schitt’s Creek: This is one of these shows that prior to watching it, I hadn’t heard about. But since watching, more and more people have watched it. Most likely because it swept the 2020 Emmys. But if you haven’t seen this show, definitely check it out because it’s one of the best comedy shows that has a lot of heart. This show was created by Eugene Levy who is a comedy legend and his son Dan Levy, even though I’m pretty Dan was more involved. Catherine O’Hara is also in it. And it’s about this wealthy family that loses everything and moves to this small town and learns to appreciate more things. Each season they give each of the characters an arc leading to a fantastic final season, and it’s maybe the best final season to any show ever. It’s funny but it also has a lot of heart to it. There never was a bad season, each season gets better as it goes along. There are a number of stand-out episodes, the house warming party episode and the series finale being two of the stand-outs. This show is on Netflix, if you haven’t seen this show please go watch it. It’s a great show that everybody that I know who has seen it, loves it.
2. Friends: The classic show from the 1990s, and another one of the great comedy tv shows of all time. Similar to The Office, this show was a big hit in the 1990s but with it being on Netflix and HBO Max it has started appealing and being introduced to younger audiences. There is a reason why this show has been a fan favorite ever since September 1994 to May 2004. I started watching this show with my mom in either late 2018 or early 2019, and I just fell in love with the episodes, humor, story lines, and characters. I think this show has some of the best television characters of all time, Chandler Bing being my favorite character from the show. He’s so sarcastic and funny but they also give him an arc through-out the show. Joey Tribbiani is just another classic character that is so funny but also really cares about his friends. Some of the best tv episodes of all time are in this show, with the quiz episode and the Thanksgiving episode with Brad Pitt. So many lines I like to quote to my friends or to family. This is a classic and legendary sit-com that will forever be loved.
1. Avatar the Last Airbender: For me, this is the show that I have rewatched the most. And it’s not really much of a competition, the other shows I’ve watched a fair amount. But for years, my family and I would binge this show every summer, and even a couple of times through-out the rest of the year. I’m not joking when I say I’ve seen this show roughly 10-20 times and could walk you through pretty much everything that happens in the show. The first season does this great world building for this world with different nations lead by different people, and it does such a great job that you want to explore this world more. Season 1 focuses on the Air and Water nations. Season 2 is focused heavily on the Earth nation, and season 3 is about the fire nation. And each of them are fascinating and unique in their own ways. They crafted such great and likable characters that you like them, you like going on their adventures with them. And while this is plenty of humor aimed for kids, there is plenty of material for old people as well and it balances the tone out nicely. So there is plenty of entertainment for kids and for older people. So easily, without question this show is fantastic and it is a show that everybody should watch.
There you have it, my 10 favorite tv shows of all time. What is your favorite tv show? Also, remember that in the last couple of days I’ve shared my 10 favorite actors and actresses. Thanks for reading!
Comments