Thoughts on Other Upcoming DC Projects
A few days ago we finally got DC Fandome, the cultural event of the month. And we got a lot of new and exciting new teases of what DC has in store for us in the rest of 2021 and beyond. And I wanted to do more coverage on DC Fandome. But there wasn’t enough tv shows news to do a ranking, same with video games. So this post is essentially going to be a junk drawer of the other exciting stuff that they announced at DC Fandome.
TV SHOWS:
Peacemaker: Of the tv shows that they talked about here, this is the one that they focused the most on. We got a trailer for it, and got more of the vibe for this trailer. I really dug The Suicide Squad and thought it was every, and also thought that James Gunn brought a lot of energy to the movie. And this was an interesting one because they announced this show before The Suicide Squad even came out, finished filmed about a week before the premiere for the movie. And I’m excited for it, this show looks like a lot of fun. And looks like it has that same level of energy that The Suicide Squad had. One thing about this show is can John Cena and the character of Pacemaker lead a show like this. I don’t want to say that has me nervous...but curious to see. So when this premieres in January on HBO Max, I’ll be there and watching it.
The Flash Season 8: Now we didn’t get a whole lot from this small panel. Grant Gustin and Candice Patton talked for about 30 seconds each. And they finally did confirm that The Flash’s new suit will be getting the golden boots. Something that The CW hasn’t put on the suit yet, and finally in season 8 we are getting it. But as for this season and how much I am excited for it. I was pretty frustrated with season 7, some episodes were great and others weren’t. And that season didn’t leave on a cliffhanger setting up season 8. So they’ve said that the first 5 episodes of the season will be a big crossover event. They’ve already announced that the heroes are returning for the event. That sounds cool to me, something new and different for the show and starting a season like this. I need to see a trailer and more of a direction as to where they are going with this season.
Batwoman Season 3: When I am writing this, we have only gotten 1 episode of Batwoman. But I believe when this is posted, the second episode would have dropped. And they released a quick 1 minute long teaser that gives an extended tease of episode 2. Which is ok, I guess I would have liked to have seen more from season 3 as a whole. And the trailer they put out, felt tonally inconsistent with the rest of the show. Where it felt like they took the music and style of the Batman tv show from the 60s and squashed it with the dark show like Batwoman, and the two didn’t work for me. So I really dug episode 1 of the season, and was excited to see where it goes.
Superman and Lois Season 2: We didn’t get a whole lot from this panel, and they didn’t tease anything about the upcoming season. All we got was a tour of the Kent Farm House with the actors playing Lois Lane and Jordan Kent, Elizabeth Tullouch and Alex Garfin. You also had Tyler Hoechlin (Clark Kent) and Tullouch recapping season 1 (and they did give spoilers). So they didn’t tease any of the plot lines for season 2 or anything like that. Just a tour of one of the sets of the show. I was hoping we would get a panel with the cast and reveal some cool information, but that’s not what we got.
Stargirl Season 2: Similar to Batwoman we got a sneak peek look at the next episode, in this show’s cast is season 2 episode 11. And it just shows a couple of scenes from episode 11, and doesn't reveal much about what is to come for the rest of season 2, or just hinting at season 3. So there isn’t much to talk about here, just we got a couple sneak peeks at episode 11.
Legends of Tomorrow Season 7: So in just a couple of weeks, the 100th episode of Legends of Tomorrow will be airing, so they released a video of recapping the show before the 100th episode in 100 seconds. They didn’t taste anything about season 7, nothing so I don’t think this panel worked very well.
Supergirl Season 6: The next of the Arrowverse shows that is reaching its final episode of the show. And season 6 of the show is the final season of Supergirl. Of the panels for tv shows, this was the one that was probably the most heartfelt. Because it’s just the cast reflecting on the show as a whole and sharing their favorite memories and moments. I wish we got more teasing in the final 5 episodes of the show. Give an extended preview for that, it could’ve been cool. But nothing too exciting here.
Namoi: This is a new tv show set in the Arrowverse that should be coming out in 2022. And they did release a 90 second long teaser trailer and it was fine. The concept for the show sounds pretty interesting having this high school girl discovering she has powers after a brief run-in with Superman. Sounds kind of cool, the big thing that has me excited for this show is that it’s being developed by Ava DuVerany. If you don’t know who this is, she directed a movie about 6 years ago called Selma and it tells the story of MLK, and that movie got nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars. So the fact that she is developing the show has me curious to check it out.
VIDEO GAMES:
Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League: This is one that they announced last year at DC Fandome in 2020. And this year we got a full length story trailer for the video game, and it looks like a lot of fun. Rocksteady looks like they nailed the tone and vibe of The Suicide Squad, it has plenty of humor thrown into the mix. And Rocksteady created the Batman Arkham Games, some of my personal favorite video games of all time. So I have faith in them, and faith that they can make a great Suicide Squad video game. This game is supposed to premiere in 2022, so I’ll probably play it and have fun with it.
DC’s League of Super Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace: So we do have a DC’s League of Super Pets movie coming out in May 2022. This is a video game coming out in Spring 2022, about Krypto and Ace. They put a 40 second long teaser trailer of Krypto shooting Luthor tech on buildings, giving us a tease of what the game play is going to be like. But they didn’t say if this video game ties into the movie. This just came out of nowhere and I don't know what to expect from it. So of the 3 video games, this is easily the one that I’m least excited for.
Gotham Knights: This is a tv show set in Gotham and it’s about Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, and Red Hood looking out after Gotham City after Batman is dead. And The Court of Owls are going to be the main conflict of the video game, Penguin is going to be thrown in there as well. And for whatever reason, I’m not as excited for this video game as I think I should be. Honestly, I can’t say why. I’m a big fan of Batman so this video game should be right up my alley. I’ll check it out when it launches in 2022, I’m still excited for it, but not as I think I should be.
ANIMATED MOVIES:
This is the final section on this one and I’m going to be doing a bit differently than the other ones. Because the only thing we have here is the tile, and that’s it. So we are getting three new straight to DVD DC animated movies next year. They are Catwoman: Hunted, Teen Titans Go and DC Superhero Girls, and Green Lantern: Beware My Power. I enjoy checking out these types of animated movies, some of them are questionable in their nature. But I have fun with all of them, no matter how good they are. We did get a full length trailer for Catwoman: Hunted and that trailer didn’t do much for me. I think with a Catwoman it should be about Selina Kyle being this conflicted person that doesn’t know what to do next. But when they say that Catwoman is framed and has to team up with Batwoman to stop bad guys, it doesn’t interest me all that much. I would have essentially been saying the same thing here.
Comments