My Pitch For A New James Bond Franchise


My Pitch For A New James Bond Franchise


Just a couple weeks ago, we got the final James Bond movie from Daniel Craig. And it’s got me wanting to talk more about James Bond. Today I wanted to do something new and different and share my pitch for a new James Bond franchise. 


NOTE: I’ve said this before, but I haven’t seen every single James Bond movie. Only the Daniel Craig movies, so maybe certain plot lines or plot points might be rehash of what came before. 


THE CAST:


  • JAMES BOND: For this one I want somebody who is a good looking man, great with the action, and can have a charm about him. I’m not sold on this back, but I think I will go with HENRY CAVILL. Sure he is already Superman, but that doesn’t seem to be going anywhere nowadays. He can do the action if you’ve seen Mission Impossible Fallout. I’ve seen clips of him in The Man From U.N.C.L.E. and he can be fun. So I think he could be a nice fit. 


  • Trinity Jones (Bond Girl): I just randomly came up with the name of the Bond girl, but I think it works. For this one I want somebody who is a bit more involved in the action, has a nice screen presence about her. And so my pick would be MARGOT ROBBIE. Of course she is Harley Quinn, but I think she is somebody that if you’ve seen her as Harley Quinn, she can do the action and have a nice charm about her. She usually has great chemistry with everybody. 


  • M: For this one I want somebody who can be the leader of MI6, and can step into action when need be. So for me, I’ll go with CHRISTIAN BALE on this one. He’s a British actor that can do the action very well, once again like I’ve said for the previous two actors. But I think he is somebody that can command the screen if need be, and can bring that mysterious side of the character that normally comes from M. 


  • Bond Villains: As we go into this, I want each movie to have it’s own villain but all come together in the third movie. The villains I want for movie 1 and 2 are Ewan McGregor and Samuel L. Jackson. Both of them have this evil side about them, but both of them can be fun and charismatic if they need to be. And for the big mastermind of the trilogy of movies, I would want Tom Hiddelston. I think you can buy him as the mastermind really well. 


What Would I Do?: For me, I would do a trilogy of movies. Don’t have this actor do 6 movies or whatever, just do a trilogy of movies that takes inspiration from the Daniel Craig movies. Have it be a more grounded Bond that is relatable, and give him an arc. That’s what I think is the key for a franchise like this, to tell a complete story throughout the trilogy. But also tell mini individual stories inside of the movies. 


  • The Man With the Mission: That will be the title for this movie, and given the title...he’s a man...with a mission. The mission being, a bunch of spies and people working for MI6 get kidnapped by somebody, and Bond is the one sent out to rescue them. As a point of reference, Bond isn’t an experienced spy but he’s also not super new. He’s been doing this for a couple of years at this point when this movie starts. Take him all over the world, have big action inside of it. A nice touch about it, is you have the Bond girl tied into the plot of it. I think what you do is the Bond girl is this mysterious figure also trying to stop the same villain that Bond is. Have this antagonistic vibe about it and you could have this interesting dynamic between them. I think I’ve decided that you have Samuel L. Jackson is the villain of this movie. He’s the leader of the people that captured the MI6 spies, and you have Cavill and Robbie take them out by the end of the movie. But through-out it, I want to tease a larger organisation that is pulling the strings, leading all of the evilness. Not 100% displayed here, but hints of where this could go. And I think at the end of the movie, you have Trinity go get hired at MI6 and set up the next movie. One for me, I think M is a character that is used prominently in the story, but becomes a bigger part in the two sequels. We learn about him, and his respect towards Bond. 


  • License to Destroy: This movie picks up a couple of months after the events of The Man With the Mission. Bond and Trinity are a duo out doing missions. Bond is till 007 but Trinity could be 008 or something like that. And the movie doubles down on building a new While doing another mission you have Bond and Trinity get attacked by another threat, Bond and Trinity are trying to figure out who this other threat is. Turns out, it is a character that ties into one of Bond’s previous missions. The villain here would be Ewan McGregor, somebody that can be charismatic when he needs to be, but can also be evil at the same time. Here I think it’s revealed that Bond killed Ewan’s brother in a previous mission. A simple revenge concept here, not layered story lines. But I think here you get a conflict between Bond and Trinity as they would have different world views of taking this guy out. Bond is the more proper man who wants to do things more organized. Trinity is more of the let’s just kill him, and don’t care about it. They are very different people, and they come in conflict with one another. And what I think you do with M in this movie is have him be cautious about Trinity as a person, and the threat that is out there. Give a test that he knows more than what he is actually saying to our leads. All leading up to this big epic showdown, where we get a showdown between Bond and the villain. And the big mastermind showing up is Tom Hiddelston. And if this was to actually happen, I think you have Hiddelston’s cameo be a secret. Don’t market that he is in the movie, when he shows up you are shocked to see it. And when M first learns who it is, he has this worried look on his face...they have a connection. 


  • A License to Gamble: The exciting conclusion to this trilogy of movies, that the previous two movies have been leading towards. A big epic showdown between Bond and Hiddelston’s character. To be honest, I don’t know what his name would be or what organization he would be a part of...probably not Spectre, but maybe. And here you bring back Ewan McGregor for another movie, he didn’t die. He is still out to get revenge on Bond. M reveals secrets about his relationship with the villain. And basically, I want the last hour of this movie to be a battle between good and evil. Maybe the extra twist of Bond didn’t actually kill McGregor’s character’s brother but Hiddelston did. Given Ewan’s character a bit of an arc from a ruthless villain to a guy that you kind of feel bad about, have him be the “here comes the cavalry” moment in the finale. Have a confrontation between M and Hiddleston, Hiddleston kills M. And Hiddelston is defeated by the end of the movie, by Bond. Closing out this trilogy of movies, and I have two outcomes on how this could end. And a nice twist is you have Bond be promoted to M. And you have Trinity be the second in command of the group, setting up a story arc for these characters in the future. And one thing I forgot to mention was I think you have Bond and M have this father-son relationship, and M is the one that prompts Bond.

There you have it, my pitch for a trilogy of Bond movies starring Henry Cavill and Margot Robbie. What would your pitch be? Your ideas for another era of Bond? Also, I did a ranking of Daniel Craig’s era of Bond movies. And I have reviewed all 5 of his movies, the first 4 leading up to No Time to Die. And then No Time to Die after I saw it. ALSO, what are other pitches would you like to see do in the future? I enjoyed writing this, and I would like to do some more. Thanks for reading! 

Comments