Batwoman Season Premieres Ranked
Last week, the third season premiere for Batwoman aired on The CW. Since we now have three season premieres, today I wanted to rank the premieres of the show. Let’s get started!
2. Pilot (Season 1): Now in general, I like season 1 of the show. And think that of that season and season 2 it is the better season overall. But the first episode of the season, and I guess the show isn’t very good. It’s too bleak, it’s too bland, and it’s too boring. This episode set up a number of the plot lines that were explored and fleshed out in season 1. But the setup for them wasn’t very good, and didn’t work for me. There is too much drama between the characters, and it doesn’t make anybody likable. And that was one of my biggest issues with season 1 as a whole, so you're not rooting for anybody in this episode. You're just one adventure with these characters that you don’t care about. Also, I don’t think the dialogue for this episode is very good. When Kate first goes to the Batcave, and Luke is there. Kate walks over to the bat suit, and Luke says “that suit is perfection”. Kate then says “it will be...once a woman wears it”, that line of dialogue didn’t work for me, and wasn’t very good. All in all, this blend starts a good season, a good season of television.
1. What Happened to Kate Kane? (Season 2): A very solid start to season 2, that I thought was a big improvement as a premiere for Pilot from season 1. And I thought the best part of the episode was seeing Warren Christie as Bruce Wayne, or with Bruce Wayne’s face on his body. And I thought he just brought a lot of energy to the role, and was fun to see on screen. And it’s interesting seeing him form relationships with a bunch of characters, but the characters realizing that it’s not actually Bruce Wayne. I also thought this was Ryan Wilder’s best episode, where I thought as the season went her character wasn’t used very well. This episode I found her likable and somebody that was a nice addition to the show that added a nice dynamic to everything. And also I like the conflict between Luke and Ryan. Because they aren’t fully convinced that Kate is dead, Luke is against Rayn becoming Batwoman. Because Kate Kane is Batman, not Ryan Wilder. That’s an interesting dynamic to throw into the mix. And just in general, this episode I thought worked well as a season premiere to season 2.
1. Mad As A Hatter (Season 3): The latest season premiere I really think is the best of the bunch. As much as I enjoyed the premiere for season 2, I don’t think that one did a good enough job of setting up season 2. But rather it felt like the ending to season 1. Since this episode doesn’t have to do that, its fans focus on setting up season 3. And with that, I think this episode easily does the best job of laying the foundation for season 3 and setting up season 3. They introduce new characters thrown into the mix that worked for me. They provided an interesting dynamic into the mix. Where this episode ends sets up where season 3 will go in the future. And the episode does give each of our characters some sort of conflict in the episode that is somewhat resolved but not really and will continue in the rest of season 3. Ryan and Luke’s conflicts being the two stands out for me. Now while this one is my favorite, I did have some issues with it. That being I don’t think the writing for the episode was the best, and the timing of certain events didn’t quite make sense to me. But in general, this is a very good start to season 3.
There you have it, my ranking of 3 season premieres of Batwoman. What is your favorite? Also, I’ve done countless rankings, top 10s, and reviews for the Arrowverse. So you can check those out if you enjoy Arrowverse content. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day!

Comments