Arrowverse 100th Episodes Ranked


Arrowverse 100th Episodes Ranked

A couple days ago, Legends of Tomorrow celebrated its 100th episodes. That means that it is the 4th 100th episode of the Arrowverse episode. So I wanted to do something a bit different and rank those episodes. Let’s get started!


4. It’s A Super Life (Supergirl): This episode isn’t terrible, it’s in last place but it’s still a very good episode that I thoroughly enjoyed and one of the better episodes from Supergirl season 5. Now like always it’s fun seeing characters that either died or left the show return for this episode. I've always enjoyed the Winn character and getting to see him back for another episode was nice to see. But it’s not just when Winn that is fun, seeing Mon-El come back is great. And just having Supergirl travel through the show’s past with Mr. Myxzptlk is a lot of fun to see. And I like how it plays out if you change one detail the outcome would change, similar to what Marvel just did with What If…?. Where this episode gets held back is this episode felt more focused on resolving the conflict between Kara and Lena more so then actually telling a story for the 100th episode. That is basically why Kara is going through time with Myx...because Lena is mad at Kara. And I wish they came up with a story that felt more compelling and focused on something else for this special event for the show. 


3. WVRDR_ERROR_100 <Oest-of-th3-Gs.gid30n> notFound (Legends of Tomorrow): After 2 weaker episodes in Legends of Tomorrow season 7, this is the first episode of the season which I thought was really good. This is a pretty surprising episode in my mind, and this did exceed my expectations by a good bit. The best thing about the episode is that it provides some really fun and funny moments with the ensemble of characters. It’s great seeing characters like Ray and Snart back for this episode and you get some great moments between the two of them. Really of the characters for that matter, there is plenty of entertainment to be had here. Also, I appreciated that this episode wasn’t just a one off episode. This episode seems like it could tie into the larger story of season 7, and I appreciated that. I think that was a smart decision that elevated this episode. Now we could get to the end of season and that doesn’t happen, but with the information that is given here I think it could be an important episode. Where this one gets held back and not in that top 2 spot. I wish the episode wasn’t focused so much on Gideon and it focused on the team, but that’s really it. I really dug this episode. 


2. Invasion! (Arrow): I find this episode to be a bit tricky, because it’s one that does some things really well. The things it does well, it does well. But there are some issues here. On the positive, I think having Oliver, Diggle, Sara, Thea, and Ray get kidnapped by aliens, and the aliens put them in these dream machines and they start playing out the scenario of what if Oliver never went to the island, and got married to Laurel. And this episode takes place on their wedding day, but Oliver starts to realize that something is wrong here. And it plays that out, and that’s an interesting idea that is played out very well in this episode. It’s nice seeing characters return, and it’s fun seeing Diggle as The Green Arrow of Star City. BUT, I think this episode was hurt from also being the crossover episode. Because 25 minutes of the episode is the dream sequence, 10 minutes of it is the crossover stuff with Barry and Kara. And then 5 minutes of Oliver and company (not the dogs) escaping from the aliens. But I wish 35 minutes of the episode focused on the alien dream sequence, but since it’s Arrow’s crossover episode I think it hurts the episode. But still, this is a very good episode but not a great episode. 


1. What’s Past is Prologue (The Flash): For me this is easily the most compelling and interesting of the 100th episodes, and the episode that I think is the most well rounded. And once again, it’s just FUN seeing Barry and Nora go back in time to Barry's previous big bad villains and help him defeat Cicada in the present. That is a reasonable reason for the 100th episode concept for The Flash. It fits the vibe, tone, and the rules that are established in this show. And the best scene of the episode is when Barry and Nora meet up with Thawne, and you have that conversation, and it’s a great conversation that sets up the rest of season 5. And just in general, this is the episode that I had the most fun with and the episode that I was the most engaged in. And one final thing, I love the cliffhanger for this episode and setting up the second half of season 5. Now, I didn’t care for the final battle with Cicada, I wish that was the opening to the next episode. But besides that, this is a great episode of the show. 


There you have it, my ranking of the 4 100th episodes of the Arrowverse. What is your favorite episode? Also, I’ve done a heck of a lot of Arrowverse coverage on my blog. Thanks for reading!


Comments