5 DC Projects I Want to See


5 DC Projects I Want to See

Exactly one week ago we got DC FanDome 2021, where DC shared and teased what big projects they are working on for the next several years. And ever since then, I’ve been in the mood to talk about DC. So today I’m going to be sharing 5 DC Projects I Want to See. Let’s get started! 


  • Man of Steel 2: As we go into this, this is not a particular order. All of these are kind of tied for me. It’s a bit confusing to me as to why we haven’t gotten a sequel to Man of Steel, which is a movie that I thoroughly enjoy. And I don’t think they’ve done the best job with Superman inside of the DCEU. Because in Man of Steel is essentially Superman’s first day on the job. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has Superman being hated by the public, and he’s even sidelined and Batman takes center stage. With Zack Snyder’s Justice League it’s a team up movie where he doesn’t appear until deep into the second half of the movie. So I think with doing a Man of Steel 2 you can have it be after Zack Snyder’s Justice League. Have Brainiac as the villain, have Supergirl in it. Tell a movie that is similar in tone to Man of Steel. Have Clark Kent be conflicted as to whether he wants to return to Superman, because he is married and has a kid. Have Henry Cavill wear the black suit for the movie.  Maybe bring back Zack Snyder to direct it. But if they announce that in 2023 or 2024, Man of Steel 2 is happening. I would be all on board.


  • Zack Snyder’s Justice 2 and 3: If you know my history with Zack Snyder’s DCEU movies, you know that I’m all over the place. Because Man of Steel I think is a high point for the DCEU. Batman v Superman is such a mixed bag. And up until the release of Zack Snyder’s Justice League I was a defender of Justice League (2017). So going into Zack Snyder’s Justice League earlier this year, I wasn’t sure where I was going to fall on it. And I really dug, I thought it was a great edition to the DCEU. And the movie laid the groundwork to make a Justice League franchise. I think you have this be a 4-parter franchise. Justice League 2 is broken into 2-parts and it’s about Darkseid’s invasion of Earth. And then the 4th movie can be one centered in the Nightmare world that was teased in BVS and then explored in Justice League. So you could tell this interesting Justice League franchise. And I’m sure if they ask Snyder and the cast they will say yes to do it. You could really tell a great Justice League story if they put their time and effort into it. 


  • Batman Beyond: I’ve always been a big fan of the character of Batman Beyond. My favorite color combination is black and red, and his costume is black and red. I’m a pretty big fan of it. I like that he’s somebody that is mentored by an older Bruce Wayne, the original Batman. And I think you have old man Bruce be Michael Keaton. Because Keaton is 70 years old, seems like the perfect age for older man Bruce Wayne. Obviously, I don’t know where they are going with The Flash in November 2022. So I don’t know if this is set in the DCEU or in Tim Burton’s Batman universe. Either one could be cool and interesting. And maybe this could be a trilogy of movies, where you see Terry McGinnis’ time as Batman spanning years. You could do something really cool with a Batman Beyond movie with Michael Keaton. 


  • David Ayer’s Suicide Squad: Basically, I want Warner Brother to give The Snyder Cut treatment to David Ayer. Because it is well reported that WB got cold feet about this movie being too dark. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’s big complaint was that it was too dark and long. The MCU and Deadpool were thriving at making fun comic book movies. WB basically took this movie away from him, and hired the guys who edited the trailer to edit this movie. So the first act of the movie is giving character development through pop songs. Which might be able to work in a different context, but not in this one. So ever since WB announced The Snyder Cut is happening...people have been wanting to see David Ayer’s true version of Suicide Squad. And I’d be done for it, Ayer has said that Joker was more used in the script. And it was a darker, more character based movie. Also, David Ayer’s directorial career has been pretty solid. I haven’t seen his other work, but the critics seem to like his movies. So if he was given the creative freedom to tell a Suicide Squad movie, it might be pretty solid. BUT Warner Brother has said they aren’t going to do it...and Ayer tweeted back “why?”


  • Ben Affleck’s Batman: Now I don’t care if this is a movie or limited series on HBO Max. But I want Ben Affleck to take the lead as Batman in a DC project. And in 2016 and 2017, Affleck was working on a script for a Batman movie starring himself, he was going to direct it. Ben Affleck has won TWO oscars, one of which was screenwriting and then the movie he directed won best picture. If he was going to be the lead creative force behind it, it probably would have been great. And I’m leaning more so towards a tv show, but if they announce a movie I would be just as excited. Have Joe Magnalino return as Deathstroke for the main villain. You can also have Jeremy Irons and J.K. Simmons returns as Alfred and Gordon. And maybe even have it be a prequel to Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice. See a version of Batman before all of the aliens came to Earth, maybe the final scene of the show or movie is him watching the news and you see Superman fighting Zod in Metropolis. And that leads into the opening scene with Bruce Wayne in Metropolis. I like Ben Affleck as an actor, and I want to see him take the lead as Batman. 


There you have it, my pick 5 for DC Projects I Want to See. What are some you want to see? And it’s possible that in the future I might be doing this with Marvel, but not going to promise that. Thanks for reading!


Comments