Top 5 Favorite Video Games



Top 5 Favorite Video Games


Who doesn’t love playing video games? And normally on my blog, I talk about movies and tv. But today we are switching it up and I’m going to share my 5 favorite video games. Let’s get started!


5. Injustice: Gods Among Us: They are actually making an animated movie based on this video game coming out in 2022, and I’m excited for it. And I think this is a great game that is also a great fighter game. Where it’s just a lot of fun to play as different DC characters and fight different DC characters. And I think the story of the game is actually quite good where you have Joker killing Lois and Superman’s son, and Superman then killing Joker and that causes him to go evil. So you have Batman from that earth, and the Justice League from another Earth trying to defeat an Evil Superman. And you can pick who plays as and who you fight. So you can do Batman vs Superman, and have Batman easily win. And they all have some unique ability or skill that makes them pop and stand-out. And you can play as different versions of characters, for example you can be Batman Beyond, or Batman from the Batman Arkham Games. So it’s just a lot of fun playing through the story and playing as different characters. I haven’t played Injustice 2, I want to but just haven’t gotten around to actually doing it yet. 


4. Mario Kart: This is a classic when it comes to video games, everybody has played Mario Kart and everybody enjoys playing Mario Kart. Actually earlier today when I was writing this, I was playing Mario Kart on my Nintendo Switch. And I’ve been playing Mario Kart for a long long time, and never get bored playing it. It’s fun playing as different Nintendo characters and racing against other Nintendo characters on lively race tracks. And like the characters in Injustice: Gods Among Us each track has something unique and special about it that makes it pop. Some of my personal favorite Mario Kart characters are Silver Mario, Mario, Toad, Bowser, and Donkey Kong but honestly, I enjoy playing as all of the characters and in different ways. So when I was putting this list together, I knew that Mario Kart was going to be on the list. It’s a classic of its genre, people have been playing it for years and years, and I’d imagine people will be playing this game for years and years to come. I love this game, and a lot of people that I know also love Mario Kart. 


3. Spider-Man PS4: A game that I actually played for just a year, and I had been waiting to play that game ever since it came out in 2018. And this game lived up to all of the hype and love that I heard about it. It’s basically a Spider-Man game in the style of the Batman Arkham Games (one of those games will be higher up on this list). And the video game tells a great Spider-Man story, and such a comic accurate story. One that I would like to see play out in either a trilogy of movies or a mini-series of 6-8 episodes. Peter Parker goes on this journey where he has relationship troubles with Mary Jane Watson, experiences loss. And is trying to balance being Spider-Man and a normal 20 something year old kid. I also really enjoyed the introduction of Miles Morales, and that sets up Miles’ own game which came out in 2020. Which is a game that I’ve been wanting to play. And the gameplay here is great, where it's crisp and clean and it’s nice playing around and using different web moves on villains. And you get to pick your own suit, which I normally played around in the MCU Stark Suit. So it felt like I was playing as Tom Holland’s Spider-Man. But I also enjoyed playing as the suit that is heavily used in the marketing for the game. Put all of it together, and you get one of the best video games of all time. 


2. The LEGO Video Games: Honestly, I can’t just pick one. If I wanted to, this entire list could have been LEGO video games. And these were the video games that I used to play constantly when I was younger. Ask my parents, they will say that it is true. All of them are a lot of fun, and whether they are games adapted from movies or original ideas adapted from an existing property I always enjoy playing them. Some of the stand-outs for me would be LEGO Dimensions, LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, LEGO Marvel’s Avengers, LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, LEGO DC Super Villains, and LEGO Marvel Superheroes. But honestly, all of the games have something unique about them that makes them stand-out from the rest. And to this day, I’m still playing the games. And I did pre-order the new LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga video game...in 2019, and the game still doesn’t come out until October of this year. So by the time that game actually comes out, it would have been nearly 2 years since I pre-ordered that game. So like I said, this entire list could have been LEGO video games. But to keep it interesting, I just decided to put them in one slot on this list. 


1. Batman: Arkham City: If you know me, you know that I love the character of Batman. Batman was such a big part of my younger years of childhood. I used to watch Batman movies and tv shows, and play Batman video games constantly. So naturally, I think the ¾ of the Batman Arkham Games are great. Arkham Asylum and Arkham Origins I think are great games that are fun to play. Arkham Knight is interesting, but I don’t like the Batmobile side of things. But the most well rounded video game is Arkham City. I think it’s the game that has the best story to it, and I wish that in the future we will get an Arkham City tv show on HBO Max, with like 6-8 episodes. Or make a show, and each season is a different Arkham game. And the villain of the game is Hugo Strange, a character that I want to see in live action form on the big screen. The way he is used in this game, as this mastermind and this guy who created Arkham City is great. And you go up against some of the best boss battles in any of the games. Mr. Freeze and Ra's al Ghul being the two stand-outs. Put all of it together, you get a great story, gameplay, villain, and boss battles to make a pretty fantastic video game. 


There you have it, my 5 favorite video games of all time. What are some of your favorite video games? Thanks for reading!


Comments