The Flash Season 7 Episodes Ranked
The seventh season of The Flash has come to an end. Today, I wanted to rank all of the episodes from season 7 of The Flash. Let’s get started!
18. Masquerade (Episode 13): This was an episode that just really fell flat for me. This episode focused on Cecile and Cecile’s backstory. And I don't think Cecille is an interesting enough character to be the main focus of this episode. And with the ways they tried to make a more interesting character, kind of failed at it. Where they explain that Cecille was once in an insane asylum, didn’t make much sense. Where was this never brought-up before? I think this episode also tried to be much more tense and thrilling than it actually turned out to be. Meaning they wanted the audience to feel the danger of what was going on, but I just didn’t.
17. Mother (Episode 3): This was supposed to be the season finale of season 6, but got moved to episode 3 of Season 7 But the actual story isn't very good. The moment where Barry, Cisco, and Caitlin are fighting Eva, and her mirror duplicates are there, it's a fun and exciting scene. And some other moments here and there worked for me. But I think this episode has some odd writing, I wasn’t a fan of what Iris did in this episode. They gave her powers which didn’t work for me, and just how they defeated Eva felt odd and lazy. They brought “Ralph” back but they felt lazy, and could have been done better I thought. So, with a few changes I think this could have been a good episode.
16. Family Matters: Part 1 (Episode 10): This was an episode that I think the sub plots were better than the actual plot of the episode. I really like Joe’s arc this season and seeing him resign as Captain of the CCPD, because he doesn’t believe in Kramer’s worldview is very interesting to see. We see Psych return, and we understand him more as a person. And that is kind of the problem, he’s a villain that I think less is better. I really liked his introduction in episode 5 where he just was a guy in a mask, and I wish they kept that. I don’t think it was needed for us to learn about him. Also, Barry is not one in this episode. He’s so focused on making sure Alexa can control her powers, but in the process it makes Barry very unlikeable.
15. Rayo de Luz (Episode 14): This episode was fine, it was an ok episode. I think the episode focusing on Allegra was interesting, I think she’s a more interesting character then Cecille so she can lead an episode better than Cecille can. Allegra and Chester’s friendship was fun all through-out the episode. But this is an episode that didn’t make any big mistakes, but also didn’t do anything to make it pop. This episode has a 4.7 on IMDB (which isn’t good), and I wouldn’t go that low. I’m a bit confused as to where people are coming from. But in general a fine episode, that’s a bit forgettable at points in time.
14. Central City Strong (Episode 4): This is a tricky one for me, because I dug a lot of things about this episode, but didn’t dig a number of things about this episode. It’s nice getting to see Abra Kadabra return, I think he’s one of the best villains on the show. I like David Dastmalchian as an actor, and it’s nice to see the character return. I like how this episode deals with the events of the mirrorverse and what the city would do after that. The episode also ended on a nice cliffhanger. But, the final confrontation between Barry and Abra was very underwhelming, and it was very talky and I wish it was more of a fight. Elements I liked, but a couple things that really didn’t work for me.
13. Timeless (Episode 9): This is an episode of the season that I’m most split down the middle on. I like the general idea of Barry getting help from Timeless Wells. It's nice to see Tom Cavanagh back on the show. And I thought this was one of Iris’ stronger episodes, and her storyline was better than the story line with Barry and Wells. But I think this episode suffered from some weak writing. Barry was to one note, and in the sense that he felt like he needed to be the one to defeat the villain. But with how the episode is written, it makes him come off very unlikeable. Also, the idea that they introduce Barry and Iris being the parents to the different forces, isn’t very good to me.
12. P.O.W. (Episode 16): I do think this episode wins the award for the most polarizing and disappointing episode of the season. On the one hand, it’s always great to see John Diggle back in the Arrowverse and he was the best part of the episode. And it set in motion what we could expect for Diggle’s future. I think the episode really did some great work with the Godspeed storyline of the season. And I dug the final scene of the episode with it teasing the 150th episode, with Nora and Bart showing up. But it felt like they wanted to give everybody something to do, and this episode felt way too stuffed with plotlines. And it’s way too much to do in a 40 minute long episode. I wish this episode focused mostly on Diggle and Godspped, but it didn’t so it’s disappointing.
11. Family Matters: Part 2 (Episode 11): My expectations for this episode went down a good bit because I wasn’t the biggest fan of episode 9 and 10. But I dug this episode, it won me over with a lot of different elements. The visuals for this episode are great, like the final confrontation between Barry and The Forces it looks real. And this time, Barry gets in on the action and not talking the villains out of being evil. And I was invested in this episode from beginning to the end. Now, the final 5ish minutes didn’t really work, it felt out of place. Once again, the messaging about Barry and Iris being parents, didn’t really work. But in general, this was a much better episode than 9 and 10.
10. Heart of the Matter: Part 1 (Episode 17): My expectations for this episode were lowered because of episode 16. I went into this episode not expecting a top tier episode, and that’s what I got. I think I would have liked this episode a lot more if it wasn’t the 150th episode of the show. Because this episode doesn’t feel like the 150th episode of the show, it feels like just another episode. Which if it was just another episode I probably would have liked it a lot more, because of the return of Nora and the introduction of Bart. I liked Bart and Nora in this episode, they added a nice energy to the episode. I liked Jordan Fisher as Bart. He was a lot of fun, and had this fun personality. But this episode felt too much like finishing up Godspeed’s storyline then being a 150th episode to the show.
9. Growing Pains (Episode 7): This is an episode in the season that didn’t make any big mistakes, but also didn’t make much of an impact. I like the fact that Killer Frost takes the stage of this episode, and the storyline with her is building and building. We get to see more of the Kristen Kramer character which I think is just a nice addition, and she’s written as an antagonist but not necessarily a villain either. The plot line with the hot guy at the bar didn't work for me. It felt odd and out of place with the tone of this episode. But in general, this is a good episode but just not a great episode.
8. Fear Me (Episode 5): Yet again, another very solid episode from season 7. I really like Psych as a villain, and his ability to hack into people’s fear is very interesting. And has a Scarecrow vibe about it, and I think he looks really cool. It builds this mystery on why the speed force it’s human from is there. And I think it’s interesting to see Barry scared, and show that even a powerful hero has weakness. And you see a more broken version of Barry. They expand on the cliffhanger from episode 4 in some really cool ways. Put the pieces together, you get a great episode of the show.
7. Good-Bye Vibrations (Episode 12): This is one of the more fun episodes of the show, and it’s very campy that way the villain’s powers work. And it leads to Barry and Cisco getting happy, and there are just some really really funny moments that happen after they get mind-controlled. And then doing this weird dance-off I was laughing out loud during that scene. But this is Cisco’s final episode as a series regular and the way they send off Cisco is really well done. And that final karaoke scene is a very Team Flash way to say good-bye to Cisco. Now the villain who makes people happy isn't the best and her powers are a bit lame. But in general, a very good episode.
6. All’s Wells that Ends Wells (Episode 1): I thought this was a very solid start to this season. There are some great moments, both comedic and emotional that really worked. The scene where Barry gets all of the Wells stuck in his head and he starts acting like them is one of the funniest scenes of the show. The elements with Nash Wells at the end of the episode are great emotional moments that send an emotional punch. I like the upgrade to Barry’s new suit, the nano tech for the cowl, I think it’s a nice new touch. And all and all a very solid episode and one of my favorite season premieres of the show and the Arrowverse in general.
5. The One with the Nineties (Episode 6): Going into this episode, I was expecting this to be a filler but fun episode. But it was an episode that was fun and really moved the plot forward. We get a better sense of who the main villain of the season is. But it’s also fun to see Cisco and Chester get trapped in 1998, and then wearing very 90s clothes. Like I said, it really moves the plot forward. New villains are introduced into the story and we understand the Speed Force is there in Central City. It’s an episode that also develops the Chester character, and makes him more relatable.
4. Heart of the Matter: Part 2 (Episode 18): I wasn’t sure where I was going to fall on this episode, because this season has been so inconsistent with it’s episodes. But I thought they nailed landing the ship for the season. 35 minutes of the episode is just one big battle with Team Flash bettling Godspeed and his army, and I thought it was epic and awesome. When you have Barry, Nora, Bart, Jay, and Iris fighting an army of Godspeeds it’s really cool and a lot of fun. Just seeing an army of speedsters fight a team of speedsters, is something that I want more on this show. Even the final confrontation between Barry and Godspeed is great, and a nice reference to Star Wars. The final 5 minutes of the episode is great, and has some really funny moments. So maybe upon reflection this might go down on the list, but as is I thought this episode was great.
3. The People vs Killer Frost (Episode 8): This was an episode that worked on all of the different levels it was going for. This was the peak of the Killer Frost storyline with the trial with her taking place, it was tense and it kept putting barriers in front of our heroes. The writing for the Kramer character really worked for me, and this is just a great character that they introduced in season 7. The stuff with Barry and Nora I found really interesting, and the investigation on the monster that attacked Barry in episode 4, was good. And this episode ends with a great cliffhanger about who the villain is. So put it all together, I really dug this episode.
2. Enemy of the Gates (Episode 15): A pretty fantastic start to the Godspeed storyline, and an episode that really really worked for me. It started off a bit slow, but once Godspeed became a key factor in this episode I loved it. The final 10-15 minutes of the episode is this epic fight in STAR Labs between Team Flash and the army of Godspeeds, where it was one of the best sequences of the entire season with what goes down in this episode. The stuff with Joe and Kramer really worked, and ended where I really really really wanted to see the next episode. And even the sub plot with Frost and Chilblains worked, and they had a nice chemistry. So after episodes 13 and 14 which didn’t really work, this episode was one of the best episodes of the season.
1. The Speed of Thought (Episode 2): This episode tackled a lot of different elements and I think they worked. The main plot is Barry gaining the power of super thinking and where that causes him not to act like himself, and I think that shows how good Grant Gustin is as this character. The conflict that Barry’s new power brings to the episode really works and fits with the plot of the season so far. The moments with Killer Frost are awesome and some of the best moments for the Caitlin Snow and/or Killer Frost character. We dive deeper into the cliffhanger of episode 1. This episode tackled a lot and hit all of them out of the park.
There you have it, my ranking of the 18 episodes from The Flash season 7. What was your favorite episode from The Flash season 7? Thanks for reading!

Comments