Top 5 Most Disappointing Movies

 



Top 5 Most Disappointing Movies 


I have seen hundreds and hundreds of movies, and a good majority of them have not disappointed me. But there are a few movies, a few movies that I went in so excited to see and left the theater so disappointed by the final product. Today’s post is going to be me sharing 5 most disappointing movies of all time. 


5. The Last Airbender: I’m a huge fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender tv show, so when I found out there was a movie...I was very excited. And the final product is such a bad, bland, and boring movie. I don’t at all think that M. Night Shyamalan was a good fit to make a movie that was adapted from a Nickelodeon tv show. Obviously, Shyamalan is known for doing these darker and somewhat horror type movies, it’s just not a good fit. Beyond that, they tried to squish 20 episodes worth of plot into 1 hour and 43 minute long movie. So they have to rush over important plot lines that were important to the show. Even if this movie was received well and they decided to make sequels, it would have been different because things were not explored in this movie. Also, the acting isn’t good at all, none of the actors or actresses do a good job, and this is one of the worst acted movies I have seen. Some of the visuals for the bending are fine, but besides that this movie is a big piece of…


4. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: For me, this is the most disappointing movie inside of the MCU. Like most people, I found the first Guardians of the Galaxy to be such a pleasant surprise and I love that movie. And the reviews for this movie were really good, and I was so excited for this movie. I watched it, and was very underwhelmed by what James Gunn gave us. What helped make the first movie such a great movie was the dynamic between the characters. Gunn decided to separate the team for a good portion of the movie, so the heart and soul was missing. And I found the Ego twist to be pretty predictable, as soon as pieces were being set up you know that something was odd about this guy. Like most MCU sequels, they tried to go bigger and better with the sequel. They went with a much bigger scope for this movie, and they put so many plot lines that at times, it’s hard to follow what is going on. I found the movie to have some nice emotional moments in the third act with Yondu, and it’s a very entertaining movie. But this movie does have some serious story issues that hold it back. 


3. Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker: I really like the first two-thirds of the sequel trilogy, both are very good movies. And...I think The Rise of Skywalker is easily the weakest of the trilogy. As the conclusion to the trilogy and the end to the Skywalker Saga, it’s very underwhelming. J.J. Abrams had to course correct after the direction that Rian Johnson took the franchise with The Last Jedi, so this movie has to create and set up a finale in one movie. It moves from plot point to plot point without any time to breath. They introduce a plot line about there being other people like Finn who left the Firstorder, but it doesn't go anywhere. I think this movie would have been if it was two parts. So this is a bit of a mess of a movie, moments in the finale are supposed to hit a lot bigger than they actually do. And it’s because they didn’t have time to set up those moments. Some of the visuals are good, and the Rey and Kylo Ren characters are good. But the movie as a whole, could have and should have been a whole lot better. So this is easily a contender on the list. 


2. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: I’m a big fan of the Wizarding World franchise, and for me without question this is the weakest movie of the franchise. And this is a bad movie, and I don’t use the word bad very often. But woah, this is such a mess of a movie. They wanted to move the plot forward for the Fantastic Beasts franchise, so they crammed this big epic story into one movie. Once again, this could have and should have been two movies. They put in so many characters and plot lines that it is so hard to follow what is going on. There is this whole 15 minute long flashback in the middle of the movie, and they could have cut that from and the movie wouldn’t have changed a bit. I got a poster when I went to see this movie, and it was like 16 characters on it. I counted, and only 8 of the characters were important to the plot. I’m not sure how they recover from the disaster of a movie, but hopefully they do and they make a great third movie in the franchise. 


1. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Now, when I did my DCEU movie ranking in December after WW84 came out, this was my least favorite movie. But, after The Snyder Cut, I like this movie a whole lot more, but it’s still not a great movie. This movie should have and could have been one of the best comics book movies of all time, the best DCEU movie, and a great movie in general. I don’t think this movie as a whole comes together as a whole. It started off as a Man of Steel sequel, then they threw Batman in the mix, and a Justice League set up movie. A movie that has so much going on, that it feels overstuffed. Zack Snyder tried a lot of things, but not a lot of them worked. And it’s a movie called Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and Superman is a side character, he has like 38 lines of dialogue in a 3 hour long movie. When Superman is on screen, the world is upset that Superman is here. It’s a movie that has some great moments, whether it’s Wonder Woman’s entrance, Wonder Woman’s theme, or the warehouse fight scene. But I think the story could have used some work, and I think this movie had potential to be epic but wasn’t so. So this is my most disappointing movie of all time. 


Thanks for reading! What are some movies that you are disappointed by? Also, would you like to see me share my most surprising movies of all time? 


Comments