The Flash Season 7 Episode 1-7 Thoughts
The 8th episode of The Flash Season 7 is going to air on May 4th (Star Wars day). But since we got a few weeks break, I wanted to share my thoughts on the first seven episodes of The Flash Season 7.
General Thoughts: I’m going to start off by sharing my general thoughts on the season as a whole so far. I’m digging this season, I think this is the best since season 4. Seasons 5 and 6 I had some issues with, but I think this is easily better than those two. In general, the story lines of the season are pretty good. The story line with Killer Frost is pretty interesting, it’s something new and different. And I’m excited to see where it goes through-out the season. I like that it’s dealing with the fallout of the events from season 6, and what that would do to the city. The Speed Force being a big part of the season I think is unique and interesting. It’s building this sense of mystery, and I think she is going to be one of the big bads of season 7. Now, my one big issue here, is I think they are writing Barry in an odd way. He feels very distant, and not as fun and charming as he normally is. So I hope that they change that and make him more like able. But like I said, I’m liking this season, and have enjoyed a number of the episodes.
All Well That Ends Well (Episode 1): I did a review of this episode back in February, so I won’t give too much detail. But I think this episode has some great moments, both funny and heartfelt. The scene where Barry gets all of the Wells’ stuck in his head, I think is one of the funniest Barry Allen scenes in the show. But what they do with Nash at the end of the episode is really emotional and it feels like a satisfying end to his character arc. The nano tech addition to Barry’s suit is really cool. And in general, this was an episode that I thought worked really well and it felt both like episode 20 of season 6, but also like episode 7 of season 1. So a very solid episode.
The Speed of Thought (Episode 2): For me, this is my favorite episode of the season so far. And this episode is so intense and great. I thought that Barry gaining the power of speed thinking was going to lead to some very funny moments, but it was the opposite. Barry goes down a dark path, and what he does at the end of the episode, normal Barry wouldn’t do and that’s very interesting. Also, that final scene is my favorite scene of the season so far. It’s so intense and having Barry fight Team Flash is great to see. And the fight between Barry and Killer Frost is pretty fantastic, and something I wasn’t expecting to happen. Put the pieces together, this was a great episode, and one that I think is going to be one of the best by the end of the season.
Mother (Episode 3): If episode 2 was my favorite episode so far, episode 3 is my least favorite. This was originally going to be the season finale to season 6, but it was moved to episode 3 of season 7. And the final fight between Team Flash and Eva is a fun sequence, and the music is catchy and plays in it. But in general, the way they defeat Eva with basically the power of love, is cheesy. They established Eva has this threat toward Team Flash, and if that’s the way you defeat her, it’s just lazy writing. Beyond that, some of the dialogue between Barry and Iris is not good. Also, I didn’t feel the weight of everything that was going on, because the city was being taken over. And as the season finale, it felt like just another episode of the season. I wish this episode was so much better, and it made some pretty big mistakes in my mind.
Central City Strong (Episode 4): This is a frustrating episode for me. I liked getting to see Abra Kadabra back, I wish we got more of him. Because he’s only appeared in 2 episodes last name was in season 3. And the actor David Dastmalchian, has appeared in a number of other comic book projects. So he’s a great edition, and if this was just another freak of the week villain, this episode might be below episode 3. Once again, they use the character weird in the second half of the episode. Barry talks with him, and he turns good than out of nowhere a monster comes and wreaks havoc. The CGI for the monster in this episode is some of the worst CGI of the show. You can tell that it is Grant Gustin standing on a green screen, for this scene. Once again, a very frustrating episode for me.
Fear Me (Episode 5): I thought this was easily the best episode since episode 2. And I thought it worked on every level that it was going for. Psych is a great villain, and a new type of villain that Team Flash hasn’t faced. His looks are great, he’s one of the best looking villains on the show. His abilities are used very well in this episode, and you see Barry feeling defeated and like he lost. And that’s great when our hero has weakness. Beyond that, they developed the Caitlin Snow and Killer Frost story line very well. And the introduction of The Speed Force character is very interesting. Put the stories, villain, and character introductions together and you get a great episode of season 7.
The One with the Nineties (Episode 6): Going into this episode, I thought this was going to be a fun but filler episode. I was wrong, this episode introduced a villain that I think could tie into the main plot line of season 7. It’s fun to see Cisco and Chester accidentally go back in time to the 90s and experience life in the 90s. But, what I think this episode does very well is the time they use to develop Chester. We see his father and this super heartfelt conversion occurs between the two of them. So easily, I think this is Chester’s best episode of his time on the show. And toward the end of the episode, seeing the rest of Team Flash get stuck in the 90s is fun to see. Now, I think the final concentration with the freak of the week is a bit boring. It gets a bit to talky, but besides that this was such a blast of an episode
Growing Pains (Episode 7): The latest episode of the season is good in my opinion. This was an episode that didn’t make too many mistakes, but it also didn’t do anything memorable. I found this episode to be one of Killer Frost’s best episodes in a while. It really progresses the story with Killer Frost in some nice ways, and I’m so curious to see where it continues in episode 8. And I like the Kramer character, where she isn’t a villain but she is an antagonist toward Team Flash. I also found the Mark Blaine character to be weird, with the acting and writing of the character. He didn’t fit this episode at all. And the scenes with him are pretty goofy. I mentioned earlier, but my big issue with season 7 so far is the writing for Barry. And I think this episode is the worst example of that. So an episode that isn’t great, it’s not bad but it’s there in the middle as a solid episode.
There you have it, my thoughts on episode 1-7 of The Flash season 7. What is your favorite episode so far? Also, what are your thoughts on The Flash season 7 so far? Thanks for reading!

Comments