The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Episodes Ranked


 The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Episodes Ranked


The second Disney Marvel show of 2021, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier has come to an end. We got 6 fun and exciting episodes, so in today’s blog post I’m going to be ranking the 6 episodes of season 1 of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, let’s talk about Marvel!


6. Power Broker (Episode 3): I think this was a bit of a frustrating episode for me. I think individual moments in this episode are good. I think this is Zemo’s best episode of the show. And Daniel Bruhl is having so much fun in this role as this character. This was also an episode that I thought had the most action, not the best action but the most of it. It also raises a bunch of mysteries surrounding the power broker, and who it is. But, I think there are some problems with this episode. First, Bucky breaks Zemo out of prison, but they just shrug it off like it’s no big deal. And nobody is going after Bucky and Sam even though they just broke a criminal out of prison. I didn’t think about that when I first watched the episode. But I heard it from multiple people, and I thought to myself “well I guess that is a problem with the episode”. That’s where this episode gets really frustrating, I think there are great moments and some great action scenes. But, I think the overall story for this episode could have been a lot better. But, I think we can all agree that Zemo’s dance moves were the best part of this episode. 


5. New World Order (Episode 1): I thought this was just a very solid episode, and a solid kick-off to this show.  I like that this was a super character based and character driven episode, there isn’t a whole lot of action but it’s great to see what Sam and Bukcy do in a day. This is one of the more character driven MCU products that they have put out, and it’s a nice touch. The episode kicks off with this fantastic Falcon action sequence, that is one of the best sequences on the show. The fact that they were able to do this on a t.v. The show 's budget is pretty incredible. Now, I think where this one does get held back is the fact that I don’t think this episode delivered on what the characters promised. I went expecting this episode to be action packed with funny moments between Sam and Bucky. It’s not that, like I said a lot more character based. And I don’t have any problems with it being character driven, but I wish that the marketing added some more of the character moments. If this episode is one of the weaker episodes, then this is a great show. 


4. Truth (Episode 5): In a lot of ways, this is the most character based episode since episode 1. It’s not really plot based, but it’s more character based and character driven. We see more of Sam, and him dealing with his family. Walker realizes what he did in episode 4 was bad and he shouldn’t have done it. It’s always nice to see Carl Lumby in these types of shows, and the scene between him and Sam was super emotional, and really well acted. There even are some nice touches of humor with Bucky flirting with Sam’s sister. And on our villain, Batroc returns and teams-up with Karli so putting the pieces together of the threat in the finale. The episode ends with a great cliffhanger, of Sam opening on the case that Bucky gave him, and us not seeing what’s inside. Even though we kind of know what is inside, and so cool to see in the finale. But in general, I thought this was a very good episode, that worked on a character level. And the little plot that we do get, it worked for me. So I dug this episode a good bit.


3. The Star-Spangled Man (Episode 2): In a lot of ways, this was the episode that I thought was most accurate to what the trailers promised. Which was big action and the banter between Sam and Bucky. And this episode delivers on both of them. The truck chase is great, and once again it’s hard to believe this was done on a tv show budget. Maybe not as good as the Falcon action sequence in episode 1, but still a very cool action scene. Also, I like that The Winter Soldier and Civil War music played during the action scene, and it added an extra layer to the sequence. Like I said, the banter between Sam and Bucky I think was at its peak in this episode. We see them but heads like they always do, and it’s always a lot of fun to see. This was our introduction to the John Walker character who became a pretty important character in the show as a whole. And I like that here we got to see him when he was still normal, and not the lunatic that he turned into. He was trying to be a symbol of hope toward America. The Carl Lumby scene was a nice little scene, and overall I thought this was a very solid episode to the show. That delivered on what I wanted from the show going into it. 


2. The Whole World is Watching (Episode 4): Woah! This was quite the episode, and a very important episode to the show as a whole. First up, I think this was the best usage of the Dora Milaje in the season, where they get in on the action and some really cool back and forth between them and Walker. The opening scene with Bucky in Wakanda is so emotional, and in some days it’s some of Sebastian Stan’s best acting as this character. It’s a great character moment for him. And I think all through-out the way, we get some great action in this episode. Where it’s long and we see everything that is going on. And it’s nice to see Sam and Bucky team with Walker and Battlestar, and I think it provides some interesting dynamics. And we see Walker’s personality come out where he is impatient and doesn’t want to have to wait, he just wants to get this done. There are some nice touches of humor in the episode, Bucky gets some nice moments in the fight scenes. And it ends with a fantastic cliffhanger that just shows how dark this John Walker guy actually is. So put all of it together, this was a fantastic episode to the show. That I thought had character moments and the great action so I thought this episode worked on all of the levels it was going for. 


1. One World, One People (Episode 6): I thought this was just a pretty fantastic finale to this show. I think the final of both this show and WandaVision were the best episodes of the shows. But as for this episode, I thought this was a great close out to the show. It has some big action with Sam that is very cool to see. And seeing the end to Sam’s character arc in this episode was very satisfying. Without giving too much away, Sam’s new costume---it’s pretty dope. I also liked the redemption arc for John Walker and what they do with him in this episode. And I thought the little epilogue with them closing out Sam and Bucky’s character arc, I thought it was one of the best scenes of the show. The stuff with Carl Lumby’s Isiah was super emotional, I was getting a bit misty eyed while watching that scene. The big thing here, this episode sets up a second season so well. I so much want to see a second season to this show, because the things that are set up would make for a great second season to this show. Put action, costumes, character arcs, and moments together you get a fantastic ending to this show (or season). 


There you have it, my ranking of the 6 episodes of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. What was your favorite episode? Also, in a few days I’m planning on ranking the main characters for the show.


Comments