MCU Spider-Man Villain Fan Cast

 


MCU Spider-Man Villain Fan Cast


Spider-Man has one of the biggest and best rogues galleries of any superhero. It looks like Kevin Feige and Marvel are looking to make Spider-Man one of the new leading heroes of the MCU. So, I’m doing my very own fan casting! 


Norman Osborn/Green Goblin: When I went into casting this character, I wanted somebody who you could buy as the charming business to the public, but also as the evil guy doing evil things behind the scenes. So I want this version of Norman Osborn to be like Lex Luthor, where to the public he’s this great and charming guy but behind the scenes he is a villain. 


  1. Denzel Washington: This man is one of the most celebrated actors of the past 40 years. He’s a guy that can have this charismatic charm about him but also can get very firm at points in the time. And his performance in Glory is one of the best supporting roles in a movie and shows that he is a fantastic actor. So I think that he can do both of the things that I want to see from this character. And so I think that he could be a great Norman Osborn inside of the MCU. 


  1. Giancarlo Esposito: Maybe I’m just coming off of The Mandalorian but watching that show, I thought to myself. “I want to see this guy be a villain inside of the MCU''. He can do such a great job of being this menacing guy that you just hate and want to see defeated by our heroes. And he also has this look about him that makes him look very villainous. He has even stated that the next step for career would most likely be the MCU so I think he could make a great villain. 


  1. Jason Isaacs: Lucius Malfoy himself one of the most evil characters in the Harry Potter universe. And while Norman Osborn is a very different character from Lucius he did a great job of playing a villain. Like Giancarlo Esposito, Isaacs has this evil and menacing look about him. He’s one of these guys that I thought was great as a villain in the Harry Potter universe. But hasn’t really done much since then so being in the MCU could boost his career back up a little bit. 


Dr. Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus: While looking for actors I wanted somebody who would be very smart, a mentor to our heroes, and can also be evil when he needs to be. 


  1. Mark Hamill: Luke Skywalker himself, and it would be cool to see Mark Hamill in the MCU. Because of course he’s done Star Wars and has done DC but he hasn’t really done Marvel yet. And of all the actors in the world, he’s not one of the more high skilled actors. And with his performance as Luke Skywalker he has done all of the things that I said I wanted from the character. In the original trilogy, was smart by being a fully formed Jedi, the mentor to Rey in the Last Jedi (not being very good at it), and with his performance in the Last Jedi he had this evil side to him. So I think Mark Hamill could make a very good Doctor Octopus. 


  1. Sam Neil: Like Mark Hamill, Sam Neil is on the older side he is in his early 70s. But I think Neil could be a great pick for the character. With his performance in Jurassic Park he is a smart man that knows what he's talking about, and is a mentor to the kids in that movie. And at the beginning of that movie he was mean to the kids around him so you can see the evil side of him. Like I said, he’s probably too old for the part but in my fictional universe, I think Neil could play the part very well. 


  1. Rainn Wilson: Another actor whose career hasn’t been the best since their big performance, with the cast of Wilson his big performance is of course The Office. In my head, I picture a different type of performance by Wilson that I would with Hamill or Neil. And I think his performance would be more fun and funny. Still be this smart and evil man but be a more fun version of the character. 


Max Dillon/Electro: For my version of the character I want somebody who isn’t going to be a big dramatic part in the movie but a fun and charismatic role. 


  1. Jason Statham: Jason Statham is like the definition of agile and snarky. He plays the same type of character in every movie that he is in, and I don’t think that is a bad thing. The screen presence that I want from this character is the screen presence that Statham brings. He isn’t going to be a big dramatic part in a movie but a fun and stealing role. So Statham is my top pick for the character. 


  1. Ralph Fiennes: Another Harry Potter alumni, and there will be one more later on. And Fiennes is most known for his performance as Voldemort. Voldemort is one of my favorite cinematic villains in any movie, so Fiennes can give another fantastic performance inside the MCU. And he might not be too able to be this quick and algae foe to Spider-Man, but he could be a fun villain. 


  1. Luke Evans: This is one of these guys that has appeared in a bunch of big budget movies whether it’s Fast and Furious, The Hobbit, or Beauty and the Beast. But he’s someone who doesn’t feel A-list. He’s played villains in a number of roles, and I hope that one day he gets to be in the MCU. And he’s great with playing a villain inside of movies, so he could be a very nice edition to the MCU. 


Dr. Curt Connors/The Lizard: This is someone who I want you to buy as a nerdy, goofy, and shy scientist. But can also be the evil Lizard battling Spider-Man. 


1. Zachary Quinto: A guy that was made famous with the reboot Star Trek trilogy that ended about 4 ½ years ago. And he’s somebody that has been in stuff over the past few years, but none of it hasn’t been these big movies. And maybe that was on purpose and built up his resume of smaller movies. With his version of Spock he is this smart guy but also very shy and doesn’t require a lot of screen presence to be interesting. And that is the big thing that I want from this character. Let’s get him back in another big franchise and make more of a bigger movie star.


2. Daniel Radcliffe: The third and final MCU alumni on this list. And obviously, he was Harry Potter and was this massively popular child actor in the 2000s. But, since Harry Potter ended his career has gone down hill. He’s been in a lot of smaller films or bigger movies that were not received well by critics. Now You See Me 2 and Young Frankenstein being the example of that. But, in the Harry Potter movies the character is a very shy character that gets the hero journey character arc. I think that Radcliffe could play the shy and goofy side of the character very well. 


3. David Thewlis: Earlier, I did see you will see another Harry Potter alumni. And you will see somebody else on this list. But he’s somebody who plays these characters that don’t require a lot of screen presence, and are memorable characters because of that. He’s been in Harry Potter and Wonder Woman, so he does know how to work with these big franchises. And he is 54 so he might be a bit too old for the role. But I think he could do a good job. 


Felicia Hardy/Black Cat: For this character I want her to be like a Catwoman type character. Where she’s not on any particular side, she’s on the side that benefits her the best. And so she needs to have this evil side about her and be very agile. 


1. Ana de Armas: This is somebody who has done a little bit of everything over the past couple of years. She was in 2017’s Blade Runner 2049 a sci-fi thriller, and last year she was in Knives Out which I loved, and is this whodunit comedy. And next year she is in No Time to Die, the final James Bond movie from Daniel Craig. So she’s shown that she can be in different movies very well. And I’ve watched the trailer for No Time to Die and she looks like she is getting in on the action. So, we’ve seen she can do action and comedy so she would be number 1 for Black Cat. 


2. Anya Taylor-Joy: 2020 has kind of been her year with The Queen’s Gambit and finally The New Mutants came out. And, I’m not sure if New Mutants 2 is happening and so she might already be in the Marvel universe and maybe a franchise is coming with that. But she’s also been in the ⅔ of the Unbreakable trilogy. So I think that she can be innocent when she needs to be and also be the thief and the villain to Spider-Man. And this year she came out with The Queen’s Gambit which I really enjoyed. So she’s someone that hasn’t made it to the a-list yet, but like I keep saying. If she gets in the MCU, she could be this young A-list actress. 


3. Alexanda Daddario: If she was to go up against Tom Holland’s Spider-Man, it might be a bit weird. Because she is 10 years older than him, but I think she could be a good pick for this character. She is somebody who can be the strong and smart character in the Percy Jackson movies and she does have a nice screen presence about her. And she’s somebody that has been acting for 15 years now, and hasn’t had the big break-out yet, she has done Percy Jackson and Baywatch but those movies bombed at the box office. So I think that she could be a nice fit. 


Kraven the Hunter: For this character, I want someone who can be the angry assassin guy. And be a very intimidating foe for Spider-Man. 


1. Pedro Pascal: Somebody, over the last two years I’ve started to really like his character. Actually, on the day that I’m writing this. I just watched Wonder Woman 1984. But of course he’s also The Mandalorian. And that is the role that made me go “yah, I want to see him in more stuff”. And maybe since he already is in Star Wars and DC he most likely won’t be in the MCU because of that. But with The Mandlorian he can be the fierce bounty hunter guy and can do the emotional stuff very well. So Pedro Pascal would be a nice edition inside of this growing franchise. 


2. Manu Bennett: Another actor that came from a DC product, so he is most likely not to be in the MCU. If you don’t know, Manu Bennett was Deathstroke on the tv show Arrow. And he’s energy that he came off is what I’m looking for with this character. And I thought the Deathstroke was the best villain on that show and was characterized in a great way. So I think if Manu Bennett was cast as this character we could get another great MCU villain and a great performance from Bennet. 


3. Jeffery Dean Morgan: I gotta be honest, I haven’t seen a single episode of The Walking Dead, and that show is probably what he is most known for. But I have heard his name thrown around to play this character. So I checked out a few clips from the show, and I can totally see what people are talking about. He can be very evil at points in time, and he wouldn’t be my first choice to play this character. But I definitely wouldn’t be mad if he was cast. 


The Rhino: For this character, I wouldn’t be wanting someone who carries this big emotional weight. And maybe they could write the character around the actor. And, for the next two villains, I’m only going to be giving one person for a casting choice. 


1. Ron Perlman: This is an actor that has been around for a while, and has a very hit or miss career. I really enjoyed his version of Hellboy and that seems like a whole that he was born to play. I’m not a big of a fan of Pacific Rim but his small role in that movie was a lot of fun. And like I said he’s not somebody that is going to be getting a bunch of emotional weight, but could be a nice scene stealer. 


Flint Marko/The Sandman: Similar to The Rhino, he’s going to be somebody that is going to be having a lot of emotional moments, and once again I’m only going to give one casting choice for this character.  


1. John Cena: This is somebody that is a scene stealer in every movie that he is. Cena himself has posted pictures of fan art that somebody did of him being Sandman. And I think he could be a great choice for the character. And, like most of the options that I have said he was in 2018’s Bumblebee and in The Suicide Squad and Fast and Furious 9 coming out later this year. And they did announce a Peacemaker tv show. I really like it whenever he shows up in things and I found it to be very entertaining. So I would really enjoy seeing John Cena in this role as this character. 


That is my fan cast of the MCU Spider-Man villains. Who do you want to play Spider-Man villains inside of the MCU? 






Comments