10 Unpopular Movie Opinions


 

10 Unpopular Movie Opinions

It’s good to have an opinion, life would be boring if we all had the same opinion. Today’s blog post is going to be me sharing my 10 unpopular movie opinions. I came up with these based on conversations I’ve had with my family and friends and opinions I’ve seen on the internet. As I go into this, this isn’t based on any particular order just me sharing my 10 unpopular opinions. 


  • How to Train Your Dragon is overrated: To be clear, this is a great trilogy. I like this trilogy. But you go on the internet and so many people think this is the best animated franchise of all time, and one of the best movie trilogies of all time. Honestly, I’ve never been in that camp but still really like all three of these movies. I don’t know why, I was the perfect age for when these movies came out but I just never connected with them as much as a whole bunch of other people have. The third one was the only one I saw in the theaters, maybe that was part of it, I don’t know. But to be perfectly clear, this is still a GREAT movie trilogy but just not a fantastic movie trilogy. 


  • The Dark Knight Rises is better than Batman Begins: Once again, I love Batman Begins. It’s an A movie for me, it’s the weakest of the trilogy but it’s still a fantastic movie. I’ve always had the opinion that Rises is better than Begins. I just like the story and the villains of Rises better that Begins, not that Begins doesn’t have a great story. But I just everything works a little bit better in the conclusion rather than the story of the trilogy. I think Bane is a better villain than Ra's al Ghul, and the fights with Bane are better than the fights with Ra's al Ghul. So, this is unpopular because a bunch of people (including my dad) think that Rises is easily the weakest of the trilogy, and Begins is better than Rises. 


  • Arrow Season 4 isn’t that bad: I can understand why some people hate this season, this season has a lot of issues. But to be honest, I’ve never hated this season. Maybe it’s because this was the first season that my dad and I watched live on tv. And I do think this is the weakest season of the show, but never hated it as much as other people. I like Neal McDonough as Damien Darhk, he can be a lot of fun. Maybe the way he’s written feels off from the show, but he did a great job. There are a few things about this season that I do enjoy, but in general it’s not the best. But, there are some people that treat this as the worst thing ever, it’s not that for me. It’s not good, but it does have this odd entertainment about it. 


  • Andrew Garfield is a better Spider-Man than Tobey Maguire: I don’t hate Maguire as Spider-Man, but I’ve never felt like he was Spider-Man. People who were 10 when the original came out, think that Maguire and that trilogy are great. But I’ve just always thought that Garfield was a better Peter Parker and Spider-Man. Not throwing any hate toward Maguire. Like I said, I just don’t connect with Maguire as much. Maguire just seems to whiny in the role, he seems to cry and complain a lot, and Garfield doesn’t do that. Maybe it’s the writing he is given, but I don’t think Maguire does a great job. If you grew up and love Tobey Maguire, cool, but I grew up more with Garfield. And maybe that’s part of the reason why I like Garfield over Maguire. 


  • The Amazing Spider-Man is better than the Rami trilogy: Along the same lines, I think that the first Garfield movie is better than anything in Sam Rami’s Spider-Man trilogy. Honestly, I think over the whole trilogy, because over the years, I’ve seen a bunch of people defend Spider-Man 3. I mentioned earlier, but I grew up more with Garfield as Spider-Man, and not so much Maguire. I’ve only seen Spider-Man 1 and 2 once, and it was 7-8 years ago. But I do plan on watching and reviewing all of the Spider-Man movies leading up to No Way Home. But I like the more grounded and darker tone for the character, and Rami’s movies can be a bit too cheesy at points for me. 


  • The Last Jedi is better than Revenge of the Sith: Again, I haven’t watched Revenge of the Sith in a while so maybe after a re-watch this opinion would change. But these seem to be two of the more divisive Star Wars movies, a bunch of people love them and think they are a masterpiece. But also a lot of people that don’t like these movies. But the common opinion is that Revenge of the Sith is better than The Last Jedi. And I think The Last Jedi is a very good movie, I’m a defender of that movie. It’s a B+ movie for me, I get where the disappointment comes from. But when people say, “it’s the worst” and “it’s the worst Star Wars movies”, I just don’t understand where people are coming from. And Revenge of the Sith is the best of the prequels, but it’s not a great movie for me. 


  • Incredibles 2 should have won Best Animated Feature: The movie that actually won was Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse. And a couple months ago, I shared my 5 most overrated movies...Spiderverse was on there. Going into those Oscars, I figured Spiderverse was going to win, but I was hoping that Incredibles 2 will win. I have a few story issues with Spider Verse that hold it back. Incredibles 2 I do have issues with, but they don’t affect me as much. To be clear, Spiderverse is still a B+ movie, I really like it but never understood the masterpiece level that other people think it is. A good majority of the internet, thought that Incredibles 2 was good but disappointing. I really dug that movie, and would give it a higher score than Spiderverse. 


  • Onward is the better 2020 Pixar movie: In the year 2020, Pixar gifted us with two original Pixar stories. Onward and Soul, and Onward I liked a good bit more. There’s a 99.8% chance that Soul is winning the Oscar for best animated feature, but I HOPE and WISH that Onward takes it. Soul was a movie I had some issues with, it felt too much like a critics movie and not a great family movie. I wish Soul was more family friendly than it was. Onward felt like a family movie, it had a bunch of humor and emotions. The adventure of Onward, I found more comepling than the adventure of Soul. I still liked Soul. I gave it a positive review, and I stand by that. But like I said about Spiderverse, I didn’t think it was the masterpiece that a lot of people say it is. 


  • Captain Marvel is better than Far Far Home, JoJo Rabbit, and Once Upon A Time in Hollywood: Captain Marvel was a movie that came out and a bunch of people liked it, and due to some comments that Brie Larson made a majority of the audience hated that movie. I went to see the movie and liked it. I think this is a good movie. Not top tier Marvel, but also not bottom tear Marvel just right there in the middle. But, the movies I think are better than everybody else seemed to love. Two of the movies got a best picture nomination. And JoJo Rabbit made it on most overrated blog posts. I like Far From Home, I think Hollywood is fine, and just wasn’t a big fan of JoJo Rabbit. So I seem to be in the minority on these movies. 


  • Rise of the Planet of the Apes is better than Dawn and War: Dawn for the Planet of the Apes and War for the Planet of the Apes are some very highly praised movies of the 2010s. This trilogy is beloved by a lot of people, but most people think that Rise is the weakest of the trilogy, Dawn is the best, and War is the second best (or second worst). I think Dawn and War are greatly made movies, but they were darker and more character driven. I wish there was more action in this movie. War was marketed as an all out...well War, and you saw the apes shooting guns and fighting soldiers. But the war is much smaller scale and personal. False marketing holds it back, but I’ve never loved Dawn of War as much as a lot of other people. 


Let’s hope you didn’t get too mad at me and you decided to stick around. What are some unpopular opinions that you have? Also, which of my opinions do you disagree and agree with the most? Thanks for reading!


Comments