Upcoming MCU Movie Ranked by Excitement

 



Upcoming MCU Movies Ranked by Excitement


In just a few months, Black Widow is supposed to be the first movie in phase 4 of the MCU. Since Kevin Feige announced the slate for MCU phases 4 and 5 back in July 2019. And since then, we have gotten new and exciting news about these projects. Today, I’m going to rank the upcoming MCU movies ranked by my excitement level. 


13. Deadpool 3: About a month ago, Ryan Reynolds said that Deadpool is coming to the MCU and Deadpool 3 is in the works. Ryan Reynolds seems like a super down to earth and likeable guy so it would be fun to see him inside of the MCU. But, there isn’t much to get me excited for this project. I haven’t seen the two previous Deadpool movies so I don’t have a point of reference with whether I think this movie would be good or bad. It would be a lot fun to see how Deadpool pokes fun at the MCU, and how this movie will work and tie into the grander picture of the MCU going forward. So like I said, I haven’t seen the previous Deadpool movies. But once I do see them this movie would move up on the list. But at the moment I”m more curious about this movie than excited. 


12. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania: I’ve really enjoyed the previous Ant-Man movies, and like the set of characters that they set up in the original film. But there are a couple things that have me skeptical about the movie. First, they said that Jonathan Majors is going to be playing Kang the Conqueror the main villain for the movie. And in the comics, Kang is an Avengers level threat and when they said he was going to be the villain of a franchise that is very small scale and gave him a big threat. I wish they were keeping a smaller scale and not going big with the villain. Also, they said that the role of adult Cassie Lang was recast to Kathryn Newton and I’m fine with re-casting the character. But, the actress who played adult Cassie in Endgame said on Twitter that she didn’t know she was being recast. And that puts a bad taste in my mouth when they say that, so a couple things are holding this movie back a little bit. 


11. Captain Marvel II: I’m someone who thought that the original Captain Marvel was a good and solid edition to the MCU. I didn’t hate that movie at all. The thing that has me most excited for this movie is that Feige said that Ms. Marvel will be in this movie. And I like the fact that the shows are connected to the MCU movies. And I guess that does mean that this movie is taking place after Endgame and I’m happy that they are doing that. But the directors from the previous movie aren't coming back and they got Nia DaCosta who is directing Candyman and has only directed smaller movies, so her directing a big superhero blockbuster has me nervous and wondering if she could direct this type of movie. I’m not the biggest fan of what they have done with the Captain Marvel character so far. The big thing for me is how they are connecting this movie to the tv shows, but with the director the character itself holds this movie down a bit. 


10. Black Widow: The first of the MCU phase 4 movies to come out and we were supposed to see this movie back in May 2020, but 2020 happened and we are hopefully seeing it in May 2021. Scarlet Johansson just seems to be on a hot streak with his career, so I’m excited to see her get her own movies. David Harbour and Florence Pugh seem to be nice editions to the movies and MCU. I love the action and the tone that they are going for with this movie and it’s going to be the movie most like Winter Soldier. Rachel Weisz is somebody that I’ve seen in a few movies, and haven’t really enjoyed her in either of those two movies, so I’m not super excited to see her in the MCU. I’m very nervous that this movie is taking place back in between Civil War and Infinity War prequels normally give answers that we didn’t want. So I’m still excited for this movie and I can’t wait for this movie to come out. But I think I would be much more excited for this movie if it came out in 2015.


9. Black Panther II: R.I.P. to Mr. Chadwick Boseman you will be deeply missed, and so I’m very curious to see what they decide to go with a sequel where the main star of the franchise has passed away. There have been rumors that maybe Michael B. Jordan could return and I would like to see a redemptive arc with his character. And with the nature of them taking the Lion King template and Hamlet I’m not sure where the obvious way to go with the sequel is. And I think they could move forward with Wakanda using their technology to help the rest of the world, and that could possibly make for an interesting idea. Ryan Coolger is returning to direct and write this movie, and I really enjoyed his direction for the original film. And he seems to have directed movies that a majority of the people really enjoy and all of his directed movies have a 90% or higher on Rotten Tomatoes. So there are a few things that get me excited but once again, not top tier excitement. 


8. Fantastic Four: Now, the previous 4 Fantastic Four movies aren’t some of the best comic book movies of all time. The average Rotten Tomato score for the movies is a 26%, which isn’t good. But I have complete faith in Kevin Feige and Marvel that they can make a good and the best Fantastic Four movie. I wish that back in December at the Disney Investor Meeting that we got cast on who is going to be in the movie, but we only saw the director. Jon Watts the director of the MCU Spider-Man movies, and when I first heard that I was disappointed that it wasn’t anybody big or exciting. But I heard some people say that Feige liked what he was doing was Spider-Man 3 and he wanted him to direct this movie, so that gave me some more excitement. Once we get some casting, this movie could easily move up on the list. So, I’m actually getting pretty excited to see this movie. 


7. Eternals: This looks and sounds like it is going to be the weirdest move since Guardians of the Galaxy. The cast for this movie is weird where you have Oscar winner actor Angelina Jolie and Kumail Nanjiani who is this up and coming comedic actor of the past 4-5 years now. They said this movie takes place after Avengers Endgame but the beings and heroes of this movie are thousands of years old. And the Eternals are forced out of hiding to defeat a villain. I don’t know anything about the characters so I will be going into this movie with a clean slate. It also was said that we will be seeing Thanos in this movie, and I’m curious because this movie is taking place but after Endgame and after the events of Endgame...it’d be hard to bring him back. So maybe we will see a flashback with Thanos. I’m more curious than excited for this movie. Hopefully in the next couple of months we can get a trailer for this movie. And we can see the tone that they are going for with this movie. 


6. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings: Over the past couple of months, I’ve actually been getting really excited for this movie. And I don’t really know why, but a martial arts movie inside of the MCU sounds really cool to me. This will be one of the first and only where we explore a different culture in a superhero movie. I always enjoy when the superhero genre tells a different type of movie. And phase 4 of the MCU is telling new and different stories, and this is one of the movies. I’m just excited that we are getting to see a martial arts movie inside of the MCU. And I like that they are getting to see the actual version of The Mandarian, and could this be how Iron Fist ties into the MCU? If I was to make this list a few months ago, this movie would have been a good number of spots down. But I’m getting really excited for this movie, and I don’t know why. 


5. Blade: Another character that I don’t know a whole lot about. I haven’t read any comic books or seen the Wesley Snipes movies. But once again like Shang-Chi I like this new and different movie inside of the MCU. With vampires and stuff like that, something that the MCU hasn’t explored at all. Mahershala Ali seems to be a great actor and the fact that he is signed onto this movie has me excited because he seems to pick really good scripts. Whether the movie is good or bad, we know that Ali is one of the best parts of this movie. And I think this movie could introduce a new side of the MCU world that we haven’t seen before. I need to see a director, writers, and other cast members to get really excited for this movie. I think this movie has potential to be one of the best in the MCU. 


4. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: Now, we don’t know a whole lot about this movie, besides it is coming in 2023 and James Gunn is writing and directing it. I’m actually pretty curious to see how the holiday special is going to tie into this movie. One of the best parts of Infinity War was the relationship between Thor and the Guardians of the Galaxy. And Chris Hemsworth is going to be in this movie so I’m really looking forward to seeing more of their dynamic. Once again, I think I need to see a trailer and know more about this movie to get more excited. And we don’t have a lot of information about the plot. And after the events of Infinity War and Endgame I’m really curious to see where they move forward and how Gamora ties into it. So, with the information that we do have I am really excited for this movie. 


3. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: From what Kevin Feige has described this movie as it seems like the MCU’s most bonkers, wild, and weird movie to date. Feige did say that this is going to be the first scary MCU movie (curious to see how scary it is going to be). They announced that Sam Rami is going to direct this movie, and I’ve never been a super big fan of his Spider-Man trilogy but I’m just really excited to see how his odd style fits with this movie. Obviously by the title this movie is going full multiverse and that sounds cool. Feige also did say that WandaVision will tie into this movie. And with the stuff they set up in episode 4, I’m curious to see where they go with that. Also the events of Spider-Man 3 will tie into the events of this movie. With what they have told us so far I’m really excited to see what Sam Rami and Kevin Feige can pull off. This movie sounds like MADNESS! 


2. Spider-Man 3: This is a movie that 4-5 months ago I wasn’t super excited about, because all we know was the multiverse Spider-Man movie. But since then we have gotten a lot of new and very interesting information about this movie. It’s not confirmed but there have been heavy rumors that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are returning as their versions of Spider-Man. And getting to see all three cinematic Spider-Man on screen will be awesome. Jamie Foxx and Alfred Molina returning as Electro and Doctor Octopus is fun and I’m excited to see what other people return for a cameo. They have already started filming. There are set photos of Tom Holland Zendaya walking around in the snow. So there are really negative thoughts on what we know about this movie so far. But hopefully in the coming months we can get a trailer and confirmation that Maguire and Garfield are returning. 


1. Thor: Love and Thunder: If somebody was to tell me, you can see any one of the upcoming MCU movies tomorrow, I would pick this one. I love Thor Ragnarok and Takia Watiti’s style to the entire thing, so the fact that he is returning to write and direct this movie has me very excited. It’s confirmed that the Guardians of the Galaxy are going to be in this movie and some of the best moments of Infinity War were between Thor and the Guardians. I know a lot of people aren’t crazy about Jane Foster returning and being Lady Thor. For me, that doesn’t bother me. I think that Natalie Portman is a great talent and I think she can bring a lot to the table. Also, the man, the myth, the legend Christian Bale is going to be playing the villain of this movie and I can not wait to see him in the MCU. Bale seems to only pick really good scripts, so maybe he has something great in this script. So easily, without question this my most anticipated upcoming MCU movie. 


 That is my ranking of the upcoming MCU movies ranked by my excitement. Which movie are you most excited for? Also, I did a similar ranking with the MCU tv shows, upcoming Star Wars shows, and the upcoming DC movies back when DC Fandome happened back in August. Thank you so much for reading!


Comments