Upcoming Star Wars Shows Ranked by Excitement



All 10 Upcoming Disney Star Wars Shows Ranked by Excitement

Last month, Disney had their investor meeting. During the meeting, Kathleen Kennedy announced 10 upcoming Disney Star Wars shows. I would have talked about them sooner but December was the best month of my blog. So, I finally got around to talking about the upcoming Star Wars shows. 


10. A Droid Story: This is going to be a show focused on R2-D2 and C-3P0 and then going on an epic journey with a new robot. And R2-D2 and C-3PO are some of my personal favorite Star Wars characters, but they are great spice characters. This feels like an idea that studios do with taking the comedic side characters and giving them their own show or movie. This happened with Mater, The Minions, and the Penguins of Madagascar and those projects didn’t go ever well. So I’m worried about them doing that with these characters in the world of Star Wars. Also, by the inherent nature of it’s probably going to be like shorts and stand alone episodes. And I think this is going to be a forgettable show. And this is the Star Wars show that I’m least excited to see. 


9. Star Wars: The Bad Batch: Now, I watched seasons 1-6 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. But I haven’t yet watched the seventh and final season, and since these set of characters were introduced in that season. There is not much for me to get excited about, but since that show was very high quality I’m sure this show will be very cool. I will most likely watch season 7 before I watch this show, and maybe after that this show can move up on the list. It’s a bit tricky for me to talk about this show, because it’s really hard for me to get excited for this show. But, I have heard nothing but great things about season 7 so I do have high hopes on that regard for this show. 


8. Visions: Another show that is hard for me to get excited because the hook of this show is that it’s going to be anime. I’ve watched a few things of anime here and there, and none of it has interested me. And I did hear that the people they got to are some of the best anime creators of all time so that has me interested. But like I said it is difficult for me to get excited for this project when the hook of the show is something that I’m not interested in. And they did say they are going to be shorts so the nature of that means that it’s just going to be forgettable and not very interesting. 


7. Lando: This is one of the more unnecessary shows that they announced. I wish this show was focused about Dryden Vos and the return of Darth Maul. But they announced this show and Lando has never been a character that I’ve enjoyed all that much. And, the interesting thing is that they didn’t say if it was going to be Billy Dee Williams or Donald Glover in the lead. Billy Dee Williams is in his early 80s, so my inherent guess is that it’s going to be Donald Glover in the lead. And I really enjoyed Donald Glover’s version of the character. But, they haven’t announced a lot of information about the show. So, I’m not sure how I feel about this show at the very moment. 


6. Andor: The big issue I had with Rogue One is that the characters are underdeveloped and a bit boring. So them taking one of the leads of that movie and giving them their own show sounds like an odd thing to do. I enjoyed Diego Luna as the character and would like to see him in more things. And they did say that Stellan Skarsgard is going to be in the show and I always enjoy it whenever he shows up in things. And the writer of the show is the guy who wrote the original Bourne trilogy and that has me super excited to see a spy thriller inside the world of Star Wars. So in general, I’m excited for this show but not super excited for it. 


5. Rangers of the New Republic: Now, I’m really excited for this show. This is a show that is going to be taking place in the timeline of The Mandalorian and have the same style of that show, and I’m really a big fan of that show so getting to see a similar show is exciting. Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau are going to be making this. And that’s the big thing holding this one back is the fact that it feels so much like The Mandalorian, but it doesn’t feel like anything new. Also, we don’t know anything about the cast or specific details of the story, so there aren't many details to get me super excited for this project. Oddly enough, the thing that I’m excited about is that it is going to be like the thing that I liked and produced by two Star Wars fans. So I’m excited and not excited for the same thing. 


4. Obi Wan-Kenobi: Yet again another show that is taking place in between episode 3 and 4. But this is the one that is set in that time period that I’m most excited for. Ever since Birds of Prey came out, I’ve been wanting to see what Ewan McGregor does next. So when they said that he is returning to Star Wars as Obi Wan-Kenobi I got very excited. Sat what you will about the prequel trilogy, McGregor was not one of the issues with that trilogy he was one of the high points. One of the big Star Wars mysteries is what Obi Wan-Kenobi do in between episode 3 and 4. So finally getting to see what he did in that time. And they did say that Hayden Christensen is returning as Darth Vader. I’m not the biggest Hayden Christensen fan as Anakin Skywalker, and his career since the prequel hasn’t been the best. Now, maybe he has matured as an actor, and he could be a lot better. 


3. Ashoka: Now, I’m a big fan of the Ashoka character from Clone Wars. I haven’t seen Rebels or the final season of Clone Wars. So maybe if I did, I could get a lot more excited for this show. And I was excited when they said that she was going to be in The Mandalorian season 2. I thought what Rosario Dawson did as the character was really cool. And they set up a storyline for the show very nicely They dropped a name of a certain character from Rebels and the Star Wars books. And maybe where Mandalorian season 2 left things, some plot lines can be set up and continued into this show. Like I said, maybe with watching more of the previous shows I could get more excited as to where her arc could continue. 


2. The Acolyte: This is a perfect example of what I want them to do with Star Wars. It’s set in a time period that we haven’t seen before. It is set in the High Republic Era, which is about 200 years before The Phantom Menace. We could see a young Yoda. The villains will be lightsaber users but not Jedi. The showrunner is Leslye Headland who was incharge of Russian Doll, and that was a show that I’ve heard a lot of great things about. And you look at this list, and almost half of them are taking place between episode 3 and 4. And this is taking place in a time period that we haven’t seen before, and that is the thing I want to see more from Star Wars. So this one was in strong competition for my number 1 slot. 


1. The Book of Boba Fett: Now, when I talk about this, I’m not going to be talking about specifics from Mandalorian season 2. But, if you don’t want to know about where they end things at the end of the season, just be aware of that. And like Ashoka, I was excited when they said that Boba Fett was going to be in season 2. And I really liked what they did with his character. And the credit scene with Boba Fett and Fennec sets up a storyline that I want to see in this show. In the original trilogy, Boba Fett was one of the most uninteresting and underdeveloped characters. So hopefully with this they can develop his character to make him one of the best Star Wars characters. So with strong competition from The Acolyte, The Book of Boba Fett is the show I’m most excited for. 


I already did this type of ranking for the upcoming Marvel shows. Which Star Wars show are you most excited for?


Comments