Top 5 Favorite Christmas Movies



Top 5 Favorite Christmas Movies

We are in the final countdown until Christmas. And one of my favorite things to do during the Christmas season is to watch Christmas movies. So I wanted to share my 5 favorite Christmas movies. 


5. The Santa Clause: This was a movie that I re-watched a couple weeks ago with my grandparents and I think this movie is great. Tim Allen just seems like the perfect person to play this character and does a great job in this movie. This was his first starring role in a movie. But the idea of a man who scares Santa to death...literally and then becomes Santa is a very fun idea for a movie. Maybe a little bit dark. And of the things that I liked more after re-watching this movie was Tim Allen’s relationship with Judge Reinhold where, Scott Calvin (Tim Allen) is annoyed by Neil (Judge Reinhold) and he is throwing insults at him left and right and it’s so funny. This is a movie that I watch every Christmas and I laugh and have a lot of fun with it. And I’m surprised that this movie isn’t talked about more because it is a fun Christmas adventure with a fun cast and a great sense of humor. 


4. Elf: One of the most quotable movies of all time that is so rewatchable. Will Ferrell does an absolutely perfect job playing this man child. It is so hard to imagine anyone else being as great as Ferrell is. Like I said, it is one of the most quotable movies of all time. “Six-inch ribbon curls, honey” or “Santa! I know him!” and so many other fantastic quotes and I like to quote when ever I can. And the humor is on point, I’ve watched this movie about 10 billion times and every time I watch this movie it makes me laugh. And James Caan plays perfectly off of Will Ferrell, because I heard somebody say that it feels like James Caan is acting in a different movie but that is what makes it funny. And the production design for the North Pole and making it look like the 1960s Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer specials. So a movie that I have a lot of fun with everything that I watch it, and is one of my favorite Christmas movies of all time. 


3. Love Actually: I watched this movie for the first time about 5 days ago, and I thought this was a great little Christmas movie with a great set of actors playing these great characters. I like these types of stories with several different plot lines that come together in the third act. And like I mentioned this is a movie that has a great cast, I was trying to pick my favorite character and performance but it was to hard to pick them because everybody was a stand-out. A lot of the humor really works for me and I was laughing a whole lot during the movie. But it also has a lot of heart in it, and each character changes over time, and they find love in some sort of way. So this is a movie that has great character, great sense of humor, and a great character arcs for the characters. I find this to be a very well rounded Christmas movie, and this is a movie that is very watchable. 


2. Home Alone: This year Home Alone turned 30 years old, and it was loved when it came out, and is still loved all these years later. Macaulay Culkin gives one of the best performances given by a child actor and his performance is what all other child actor performances are measured by. And you think about who worked in front of and behind the camera. You have a serious actor with Joe Pesci being one of the antagonist of the movie, the script by John Hughes, and a fantastic score by John Williams but the movie came together with those pieces. Joe Pesci and and Daniel Stern make for a great duo and some of the most fun antagonists of any movie. And the third act with the traps is one of the best and most fun third acts in any movie. But like I said this is a movie that works on a whole lot of different and exciting levels that makes for one of my favorite Christmas movies of all time. 


1. The Nightmare Before Christmas: A movie that I’ve talked about so much over the past few months. But I don’t get tired of talking about this movie, because I love this movie. The animation style is some of the best that Disney has given us ever. The characters with Jack Skellington, Sally, and Oogie Boogie make for a great ensemble of characters that are interesting. Jack Skellington is one of my favorite protagonists in any Disney movie and one of the most underrated. Of course the songs are some of Disney’s best and most underrated in my opinion. So much of this movie works for me, and this is a movie that I love and watch a whole lot. And a movie that I wish more people talked about, and this is a movie that most people don’t think about as a Christmas, but I certainly do. So The Nightmare Before Christmas is my favorite Christmas movies of all time. 


That is my 5 favorite Christmas movies of all time. What are some of your favortie Christmas movies of all time? 


Comments