Top 10 Most Anticipated 2021 Movies



Top 10 Most Anticipated 2021 Movies 


We have made it to the end of 2020... the worst year ever. But we move into 2021, and it looks like we will get a lot of a great set of movies. And hopefully we will see a lot of movies this year. So these are the movies that I’m most looking forward to in 2021. 


Honorable Mentions:

  • The Jungle Cruise (July 30th, 2021)

  • Venom: Let There Be Carnage (October 1st, 2021)

  • Chaos Walking (March 5th, 2021)

  • The Eternals (November 5th, 2021)

  • Morbius (October 8th, 2021)

  • In the Heights (June 11th, 2021)

  • Raya and the Last Dragon (March 5th, 2021)

  • Godzilla vs Kong (March 31st, 2021)


10. Mission Impossible 7 (November 19th, 2021): I’m a very big fan of the franchise and they have been on a hot streak since the fourth movie. The 6th movie of the franchise, might be the best movie of the series. And I think this movie is going to be another fantastic movie in the franchise. We have seen a stunt that is happening on a train and that looks really cool. Christopher McQuarrie is coming back to direct this movie. And I have seen some people on the internet say that this movie dropped on there most excited list because of the Tom Cruise outburst that happened a few weeks ago. That is not the case for me at all. Now this movie would be higher up on the list if we knew more about it. But we don’t have a title, story, or trailer for the movie, so there isn’t a whole lot to get excited about. What we do have gets me very excited. 


9. Black Widow (July 9th, 2021): I’m a big fan of the fan MCU and a big fan of the Black Widow character. I really enjoy the vibe and tone that the trailer has given us. And the film that is going to feel the most like Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and that is a strong point of the MCU so I’m excited for that. And like I said I’m a big of the Black Widow character and looking forward for her to get her own movie inside of the MCU. Florence Pugh and David Harbour seem like great additions to the movie, and curious to see how exactly Florence Pugh is going to be the next Black Widow. Now, I am a bit nervous that this is a prequel and prequels don’t have the best reputation for being some of the stronger movies in that franchise. But besides that, I’m very excited to see Black Widow. 


8. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (September 3rd, 2021): Another MCU movie that I’m looking forward to in 2021. And this is going to be the first martial arts movie inside of the MCU, and that sounds really cool to me. Beyond that Michelle Yeoh is going to be in the movie, and I’ve heard that she is a great martial artist and I’m curious to see if she is as good as people say that she is. The movie is being directed by Destin Daniel Cretton and I’ve never seen any of his movies. But what I have heard is that he has made some of the emotional movies of the past decade so that should be an interesting element inside of the movie. And once we see a trailer or the fights this movie could move up on the list. 


7. No Time to Die (October 8th, 2021): Now, I’m just going to say that I’ve never seen a single Daniel Craig James Bond movie, but I will watch the Daniel Craig Bond movies before this movie comes out. So, I’m excited to see those movies and with a watch of those movies, this movie could move up on my list. But I watched the trailers for this movie and I really enjoyed them. They looked like they were going to have some really cool action and set pieces inside of it. Rami Malek seems a lite a great villain, because he is of course a great actor.  And the other actors seem like they are doing a good job and taking this movie seriously. So also excited to see how this movie closes out Daniel Craig’s time as Bond. 


6. Top Gun: Maverick (November 19th, 2021): When they first announced this movie, I was confused as to why they were making a sequel to a movie that came out over 30 years ago. But the first trailer dropped and I liked the tone that they were going for. It looks like they are taking this movie seriously, and not just winking at the audience and only trying to make money. And I think it would be interesting to see Maverick 35 years late in life and how he has changed as a person. By the couple of trailers that we have gotten, this looks like it could be one of Tom Cruise’s best performances of his entire career. So I’m very curious and excited to see this movie. 


5. Dune (October 22nd, 2021): This is a movie that I know nothing about, I’ve never read the book or watched the previous movie. But Denis Villenuve is one of the most beloved directors of the past decade, and makes these interesting movies. Beyond that, the cast is fantastic with Timothee Chalamet, Zendaya, Jason Momoa, Oscar Isaac, Dave Bautista, Stellen Skarsgard, Josh Brolin, and Javier Bardem and that is wide and different range of actors but the cast is one of the main reasons as to why I’m excited for this movie. And, I really enjoyed the trailer and it looks like this sci-fi, rated R, mystery, and that is like Star Wars mixed with a Game of Thrones type movie. I don’t know what that means, but it sounds really cool. 


4. Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021): This is easily the MCU movie of 2021 that I’m most excited for. I was somebody that thought that Far From Home was very good but not great movie. And a big fan of Homecoming. But this movie is going to be exploring the multiverse and going crazy with the cast and cameos. They said that Jamie Foxx and Alfred Molina will be returning as Electro and Doctor Octopus. Doctor Strange is tying into it. And there are talks that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are returning as Spider-Man. So it would be so cool to see three of the live action Spider-Man on screen at the same time. And so if I was to see one MCU movie tomorrow, it would be this one. 


3. The Suicide Squad (August 6th, 2021): I’m somebody that have never hated the 2016 Suicide Squad. They announced this movie was directed by James Gunn and I was sold. James Gunn has this dark sense of humor and that mixed with the nature of the Suicide Squad sounds so cool to me. At DC Fandome they said it was like a 1970s war movie in the DC Universe with DC characters, and I didn’t know what to make of that. Beyond that, the cast is great with Margot Robbie, Idris Elba, John Cena, Michael Rooker, Taika Waititi, and so many other fun actors. And the costume for this movie looks really cool, especially John Cena and his Peacemaker costume just looks like he is going to be a great part of the movie. So, this is a DCEU movie that I think could be one of the best. 


2. Killers of the Flower Moon (TBA): This is on the complete opposite side of things from The Suicide Squad. During quarantine, I’ve gotten into Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese movies and when I heard about this movie I was sold and excited to see it. So it’s a western directed by Martin Scorsese and stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro, and is written by the guy who wrote the movie Forrest Gump. And I’m just excited to see what Scorsese can do with this genre, cast, and script. Some people might say that Scorsese and De Niro are one of if not the best acting and director duo of all time. But I imagine this is going to be not one of the most entertaining movies of the year but one of the best made movies of 2021. 


1. Fast and Furious 9 (June 25th, 2021): I’m a big massive fan of the Fast and Furious franchise, and this movie looks like it is going to be another great edition to the franchise. What this franchise is good at is making these dumb and fun blockbusters. The trailer that they put out back in January (it feels like 2 years ago at this point), got me so excited for this movie. John Cena seems like a great edition and him being Dom’s brother that we didn’t know that he had. Han coming back made me curious. And this movie seems like there is no shortage for big dumb action. And they said this movie is going to space, I don’t know what that means or why they are going to space. But it does sound awesome. 


That is my list of my 10 most anticipated movies of 2021. This seems like it is going to be a great year for movies, and hopefully we get to see these movies. What 2021 movies are you most excited for?


Comments