The Mandalorian Season 2 Thoughts (first half)


 


The Mandalorian Season 2 thoughts (first half)


In late October, the first episode of The Mandalorian Season 2 dropped and last week it fourth episode of the season dropped, so we are now half way through season 2. And I wanted to share my thoughts on The Mandalorian season 2. First I’m going to give my general thoughts on the season, then give my thoughts on each of the episodes. 


General Thoughts: I’m some one that enjoyed season 1, I didn’t love it but I thought it was a very solid show. I enjoyed the characters and a number of the episodes. This season gave me more of what I liked about season 1 of the show, these fun adventures that Mando and Baby Yoda go one and meeting new people along the way. And it’s fun that they are introducing characters from Clone Wars and getting to see a single shot of Boba Fett. I do enjoy the first four episodes of season 2 more then first four episodes of season 1, so at the moment I think season 2 is better. 


Chapter 9: The Marshal: This one might be my favorite episode of the show so far. It’s fun getting to see Timothy Olyphant as a marshall for this small town on Tatooine. And I hope we get to see more of him he’s a character that maybe in season 3 he will be a main character and hopefully in the back half of season 2 we see more of him. I like how they made the tuskan raiders more human where they weren’t just the bad aliens that attacked people, now we got to understand them more. The visual effects for the monster at the end of the episode looks believable for a tv show budget. Baby Yoda gets some funny moments. I’ll give this episode an A-


Chapter 10: The Passenger: While I thought chapter 9 was one of the best episode of the show, this episode might be the weakest of the show. This is 100% a filler episode that introduced a frog lady they I’d imagine we are never going to see again. A second episode of the season there shouldn’t be a filler episode. And frog lady makes these decisions that puts her Mandlaorian and Baby Yoda into trouble, and I don’t like when shows do that. Beyond that Baby Yoda is eatting the frog’s eggs which at first is a cute moment, until you think a 50-year old creatures is eatting unborn babies a bit weird. This episode doesn’t add anything and you could easily just skip this one. I’ll give this episode a C+


Chapter 11: The Heiress: On the internet, I have heard a lot of people say that this is one of there favorite episodes of the show, if not their favorite. I’m not there, and I think the reason why is because the introduced Bo-Katan into the mix. She was a character that was used in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and this we get to see here in live action, and played by the same actress who portrayed her on the tv show. A fun adventure, I believe this is the shortest episode of the season and maybe the show, 33 minutes with the 5 minute credits at the end. So this is an episode that is under 30 minutes, and I think maybe they could have added 5-10 minutes because the actually mission feels very squished and I wish that they added some time to develop the mission of the story. We also get a name drop of Ashoka Tano who was another character introduced in The Clone Wars tv show. So overall, this was the episode of the season so far that didn’t make any big mistakes but didn’t make to much of an impact on my either. I’ll give this episode a B


Chapter 12: The Seige: I thought this episode was the best since chapter 9, so that second best episode of the season. It’s just fun to see Mandalorian team back up with Cara Dune and Greef Karga and to go on this mission to help save the town. Also, a nice touch is the team shots Stormtrooper which is something that we haven’t seen all that much and so just fleshing out this world. Getting to see Baby Yoda in School and stealing cookies from another student, just a solid Baby Yoda moment. This is the episode where the team learns that Moff Gideon (Chicken Man for Breaking Bad) is still alive and he didn’t die when his ship crashed. A fun episode, this was a fun episode of the show and this tone and this type of adventure is what I enjoy about this show. I”ll give this episode a B+. 


That is my thoughts on the first half of The Mandalorian Season 2, when the season is done I will rank all 8 episodes of the season. With Christmas coming up, what are some Christmas movies you would like to see me review? 


Comments