Top 20 favorite movies of all time (20-11)

 


Top 20 favorite movies of all time (20-11)


A couple days ago it was my birthday, and I wanted to share my favorite movies of all time. Today is the first half of my top 20 favorite movies of all time. 


Honorable Mentions:

  • Goodfellas

  • Captain America the Winter Soldier 

  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

  • Aladdin

  • The Departed 

  • Ocean’s Eleven

  • The Nighmare Before Christmas

  • The Mask 

  • The Shawshank Redemtpion 


20. Die Hard: One of the best action movies of all time, and a such a fun action movie. This is one of my favorite movies of the 1980s, where the magic of the cast for in this movie I don’t think could have worked again. Getting Bruce Willis and Alan Rickman in this movie before they were a-listers work. And this is a movie that has iconic lines like “I have a machine gun, hohoho.” or “yippee kai-yay…”. 


19. Ferris Buller’s Day Off: This is a movie that has so many iconic lines and scenes that I don’t have the finger to count with. “Buller....Buller....Buller” and “the question isn’t what are we going to do, the question is what aren’t we going to do”. And of course the parade sequence is one of my all time favorite scene in any movie. Also, Matthew Brodrick as Ferris Buller what a character is a bad person but has so much charm about him that makes him a fantastic character. 


18. The LEGO Movie: This is one of the most entertaining movies of all time. There is always something happening on screen to keep the audience entertained from beginning to the end. Every character gets a funny moment to shine with Batman throwing a ton of batarangs and then after hitting the button he says “first try” and this movie puts a smile on my fave every single time that I watch this movie. In 8th grade math we were watching this movie and I was quoting along to this movie, because I have watched this movie about a billion times. 


17. Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens: I know a lot of people aren’t a big fan of this movie because it copies the structure of A New hope, that has never bothered me about this movie. I find this movie to be an absolute blast that moves so quickly, and has a lot of fun action scenes and fun dialogue between the characters. And I enjoyed what they did with the characters and made them different from one another but also different from past Star Wars characters. I love this movie so much! 


16. Se7en: “What’s in the box?????”. This is a movie that I think works on a whole lot of different levels. It can have great characters, Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman have a great dynamic that you believe that they would work together on an actual case. And it also keeps you guessing from beginning to end where you don’t know where the movies is going, you don’t know who is going to be killed next. This moive also has one of my favorite final movie scenes in any movie where it is so intense and you find out what’s in the box. 


15. Knives Out: This is one of my most anticipated movies going into the second half of 2019. I watched the teaser trailer for the movie about a dozen times over the course of three weeks. I finally got to see the movie, and I had a blast with it. The cast in this movie you can tell are having so much fun my favorite being Chris Evans who is so different from Captain America that it is so much fun to see Evans do this type of character. And as a murder mystery it has to kepe you guessing on who the murderer is and it does. This is such a blast of a movie and easily is on this list. 


14. The Lion King (1994): One of the great movies of the 1990s and one of the greatest animated movies ever made. The animation style for this movie is flawless it’s incredible what they the animators were able to do back in the early 90s. Of course the songs in this movie are some of the greatest Disney songs of all time, that are stuck in my head. Also this movie might have my favorite opening scene in any movie that is once again...memorable and has a great Disney song. Lastly, I like how this movie is an animated version of Hamlet that adds some emotional moments to this movie. 


13. Remember the Titans: My favorite sports movie of all time, and one of the most entertaining movies of all time. This movie can have some of the funniest moments of all time with the bickering of the football team. Denzel Washington can be the coach where he can be hard on the team abut also has a lot of charm and fun with the team. The soundtrack for this movie is great, a soundtrack that I think more people need to talk about. Now, I know that this movie follows the sports movie structure but that doesn’t bother me. Because you care about the characters, and love going on this journey with them. 


12. The Incredibles: Another fantastic animated movie. Where this does a lot of things that I look for in a movie. Great action in this movie involving the different family members powers using them in their own way. Fantastic score that sounds like a Mission Impossible theme. And iconic lines in this movie “we’ll get there when we get there!” or “when everyone’s super...no one will be”. Put the pieces together and you get my 12th favorite movie of all time. 

11. Parasite: A movie that I went into knowing nothing about it, I hadn’t seen a trailer for any marketing for the movie, and the only thing I could tell you was it was from Korea and won Best Picture. This is such a unqiue movie that I don’t think any movie will be similar to this. The way it handles it’s messageing about social classes is done in a way that is different and hasn’t been done before. It can also be pretty funny at time, it’s the funniest movie of all time but certainly has it moments that are funny. And the big twist in the movie...wow, changed the perspective of everything and the first 60% of the movie was fantastic, the last 40% might have been even better. This is a movie that I think everybody should see at somepoint. 


In a couple days you guys will see the Part 2 of this list with my top 10 favorite movies of all time.

Comments