Top 10 Favorite Movie Franchises


Top 10 Favorite Movie Franchises


As you can tell by my blog website, I’m a big fan of movies. And some of my favorite movies of all time are in big movie franchises. So I want to tell you my 10 favorite movie franchises ranked. 


10. DC Extended Universe: Now this is a very divisive movie franchise, that has it’s up and downs. But I enjoy ⅞ of the movies they have released. Now maybe they should have had a plan from the beginning like the MCU, but like I said I enjoy a majority of these movies. Batman v Superman being easily my least favorite of the bunch. And the rest of the movies I can enjoy a good bit. Wonder Woman and Birds of Prey are my two favorites of the bunch, and I even enjoy Justice League a good bit and think it is a good movie. And hopefully I can see Wonder Woman 1984 in theaters this December, and also I will finish my DCEU review series in early December. 


9. Jurassic Park: The 1993 classic is one of the greatest movies of all time. And the sequels range in quality quite a bit, but whether they are good or mediocre I enjoy them to a good bit. And I’m really excited for Jurassic World: Dominion and getting to see Alan Grant, Ellie Sattler, and Ian Malcolm back in a new Jurassic movie. But the franchise as a whole bring this sense of fun that we get to see dinosaurs terrorize people and places. So I know this might a bit unpopular but the movies I enjoy are not great on a story level but entertainment...this series has a whole lot of it. 


8. Fast and Furious: This might be the most ridiculous movie franchise of all time. The first movie was a less than $100 million budget, about street racing. You move to Hobbs and Shaw which is a $200 million budget, about super spies. That is quite the shift and tone and genre but I enjoy that. These aren’t some of the greatest made movies of all time, but they certainly are some of the most fun movies of all time. The addition of Dwayne Johnson in Fast Five just bought the franchise a whole lot and have been riding this high wave ever since then. Furious 7 is my personal favorite but 5,6, and 8 are also great popcorn flicks. So I’m really excited for Fast and Furious 9, and I am so curious after they said they are going to space. 


7. Die Hard: A franchise that I watched for the first this year during the pandemic. And the weakest one being A Good Day to Die Hard by a good bit but it has a lot of issues, and I can enjoy the movie a good bit. But, the best one behind Die Hard, the 1988 classic that is one of my all time favorite movies. One of the things that I like with Die Hard 3,4,5 is that they did something different with the plot and the setting and didn’t try and rehash the plot of the original movie. Of course John McClane is one of the most iconic movie characters of all time that is played so well by Bruce Willis. So the franchise as a whole is one that I enjoy a whole lot, and I would be done for a reboot of Die Hard with a new actor and a new plot. 


6. Mission Impossible: One of the franchises the keeps on getting better and better. The first Mission Impossible film is a very very solid action and spy thriller. Mission Impossible 3 is good, and I really enjoy Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. But Rogue Nation and Fallout are fantastic action movies. Fallout being my personal favorite, but if someone was to say Rogue Nation or Ghost Protocol was there favorite I would understand. And the fact that Tom Cruise in his late 50s is still hanging out helicopters and hanging on the side of a plane is just so cool to see, and he is willing to entertain the audience. 


5. Harry Potter: One of the highest grossing movie franchises of all time, and for good reason. The first film did a great job of world building and setting up the character that we will later learn to love in later movies. It’s great to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione grow up as characters and become closer and closer as the movies go on. And the final one two punch with the Deathly Hallows movies is some of the most satisfying moments in any movie ever, and some of the saddest deaths in any movie. And with the Fantastic Beasts movies which aren’t the best it is still nice to see new adventures in the Wizarding World. 


4. Star Wars: Now, I know some people might havee Star Wars higher up on the list. But I still love this franchise a whole lot. Empire Strikes Back and the Force Awakens are some of my favorite movies of all time. But even with the other great movies like Return of the Jedi, A New Hope, and the Last Jedi. And very solid movies like Solo and Rogue One are fun spin-offs of movies that I enjoy. This franchise has no shortage of disappointing movies with the prequels and Rise of Skywalker. And this is the franchise that made Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher these A-list stars since 1977. But also with the sequel trilogy it made Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver a lot more prominent actors. 


3. The Dark Knight: This might be my favorite movie trilogy of all time. I’m a big fan of Batman and this trilogy is so epic and awesome. The weakest one for me is Batman Begins but that is still a fantastic movie and if that is the weakest one then this is a great trilogy. Each of the movies have distinct villains. Of course Heath Ledger’s Joker is one of the greatest movie characters of all time, and I enjoyed Tom Hardy as Bane and Liam Nesson as Ras al Ghul. And Christian Bale is still my personal favorite that it is hard to beat. I also enjoy the voice he does and some really cool Batman costumes in the trilogy. So put the pieces together and you get a whole lot of great moments and maybe my favorite movie trilogy of all time. 


2. Toy Story: The greatest animated franchise of all time, with fantastic characters, story, and humor that made for 4 fantastic movies. My favorite is Toy Story 3 that I think has all of the different emotions that a film like that is supposed to cover. And Woody and Buzz might be the greatest duo and friendship of all time. But the side characters with Jesse, Bullseye, Ham, Rex, and Mr. Potato Head fill out the movies very well. And Toy Story 4 closed this franchise so well. So overall, I love these movies, I love these characters, and I love the stories, and this is my favorite Pixar franchise. 


1. Marvel Cinematic Universe: This franchise is my childhood, without this franchise my childhood wouldn't be as good and would be completely different. This franchise also has some of my favorite movie characters of all time with Captain America and Iron Man. Captain America might be my favorite movie character of all time where the character arc and the moment that he has are some of my favorites. But it’s also nice made and put together there was a plan with Iron Man and that plan went through until Spider-Man Far From Home. This also has some of my favorite movies of all time, Avenger Endgame might be my favorite. And Thanos is once again one of my favorite movie villains of all time. 


That is my top 10 favorite movie franchises of all time. My birthday is coming up in the next couple of weeks so some more top 10 lists will be coming. 



Comments