My favorite movie from year I've been alive

 My favorite movie from every year I’ve been alive 


Yesterday was my birthday and I wanted to share about some of my favorite movies of all time. So I’m sharing my favorite movie from every year I’ve been alive. 


2004: The Incredibles: This is my favorite Pixar movie and one of my favorite animated movies of all time. This movie has fantastic world building, characters, and action. In some way this movie is one of the least feeling Pixar movies ever, and I think that’s a good thing. Also the score from Michael Giacchino is one of my all time favorites. So this is easily my favorite movie of 2004. 


2005: Batman Begins: I re-watched this movie a couple weeks back and I forgot how awesome this movie is. This is my favorite superhero origin story movie of all time, and Batman in this trilogy is my favorite version of Batman. And I love the first 45 minutes of this movie, telling the origin story of the character so we really know where he is coming from in the rest of the movie and trilogy. 


2006: The Departed: A movie that I watched for the first time this year and...Wow, is this movie fantastic. Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Whalberg, Alec Baldwin, and Martin Sheen do a great job of filling out the cast for the movie. The story keeps you on the edge of your seat where you don’t know what is going to happen next and the twists and turns that are coming. 


2007: The Simpsons Movie: Now, this is one of the most entertaining movies on this list. I’m a big fan of the T.V. show and I think in some ways this movie is better than T.V. show itself. This is a movie that I have laughed so much and hard at. I showed this movie to my mom during quarantine and the plot of this movie is somewhat similar to what is going on now, and that funny cameo from Tom Hanks is great. 


2008: The Dark Knight: Christopher Nolan for this movie didn’t take inspiration from other comic book movies, but from crime films and that is what makes the movie special. It would work just as well if it wasn’t called Batman or had nothing to do with DC Comics, and that makes for an interesting movie. Of course, Heath Ledger gives a fantastic performance as the Joker. Also a Dark Knight Trilogy ranking will be coming in November. 


2009: Star Trek: Now thinking about this movie, I need to watch this movie again. But this is a very fun movie with a great cast and characters. Chris Pine and Zachary Quintio are one of the most underrated movie duos where their chemistry makes for some really funny moments. It’s also easy to forget that Chris Hemsworth is in the first 10 minutes of this movie and is great in such a small role. 


2010: Toy Story 3: This is my second favorite Pixar movie, and my favorite of the Toy Story movies. I like that this movie is a prison escape movie more than anything else, where you know that the daycare is a place that is scary for the toys. Lotso is my favorite Toy Story villain that has an emotional back story. And that moment where they are holding hands and go down closer to the fire is a moment that sticks with you after you watch the movie. 


2011: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2: The epic conclusion to the Harry Potter franchise that has some of the most emotional and satisfying moments of all time. Where the deaths that happen in this movie I cried at some of them. And the final battle with Harry and Voldemort is epic and a moment that I love. At some point I will be ranking the Harry Potter movies, hopefully in 2021. 


2012: The Avengers: Surprising that this is the first MCU movie on this list, but I love this movie so much. It is a ton of fun to see the team come together and fight Loki and an army of aliens. Some of the funniest moments in the MCU are in this movie with Hulk throwing Loki around and Hulk punching Thor in the face. And of course the epic third act where the Avengers come together and defeat an army of aliens. 


2013: Star Trek: Into Darkness: Another Star Trek movie that I really really enjoyed, I go back and forth whether I like Star Trek (2009) or this movie better. I find them both incredibly entertaining movies. Benedict Cumberbatch is easily my favorite villain of the trilogy, and this was the first role that the main stream was introduced to Cumberbatch. And I know some people aren’t crazy about this movie, but I really enjoyed this movie. 


2014: The LEGO Movie: This wins the award for the movie that I watched the most in the theaters...four times. The energy of this movie is very effective and it’s never boring, there is a joke or something happening on screen to keep you entertained. The characters are so much fun and likeable, and overall a movie that I have a lot of fun with and one of my all time favorite movies. 


2015: The Martian: A movie that I feel like doesn’t get talked about enough. I think the movie balances the tone, where it can be dramatic and it can also be pretty fun at times. This is my personal favorite Matt Damon movie, where like the tone of the movie he can be fun and can also be dramatic, so overall a movie that I love and find very entertaining. 


2016: Captain America: Civil War: What a fantastic Marvel movie that for two years was my favorite MCU movie. But even though it is my third favorite MCU movie, I still love this movie. I think this movie has believable conflict between Tony and Steve, where the past movie built the different viewpoints of the character. Also the introduction of Spider-Man and Black Panther are fantastic and can have some fun moments. 


2017: Wonder Woman: I know...another comic book movie on this list, but it is my favorite genre. What I love about this film is the dynamic between Gal Gadot and Chris Pine where they are so much funny moments between the two of them. The world building and the action for the movie is also very good. So, you get a movie with great character dynamic, world, and action that makes for my personal favorite DCEU movie. 


2018: Avengers: Infinity War: The epic first part of the end of the Infinity Saga, balances the tone of the movie so well, in scenes it can be gut punch emotional death then the next scene is Thor talking with the Guardians of the Galaxy. But the center of this movie is Thanos, where he is this multilayered villain where he thinks that he is the hero in his own story. What he is doing is not good. So this is a movie that I love and I think is truely an epic story that my jaw dropped to the floor and was saddened by the ending of this movie. 


2019: Avengers Endgame: The sequel and follow-up to Infinity War, Avengers Endgame might just be my favorite movie of all time. I though this movie was truely epic and awesome. When a certain character picks up a certain weapon in the third act of the movie I cheered so loud and had the biggest smile on my face, then a few minutes later...another epic and awesome scene happened. And for the entire final battle of this movie was just non-stop cheering and happiness happening inside of me. This is truely an epic and fantastic movie that I’m glad I got to experience in the theaters. 


2020: Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn: What a fun movie that the DCEU made. The cast for this movie is a lot of fun. Of course Margot Robbie is great as the Harley Quinn character and she can be fun, she can be dramatic at points, and can be crazy. Ewan McGregor as Black Mask is still my favorite movie character of 2020, where he can be fun and despicable in the same scene. The movie is super stylish and entertaining and a movie I enjoyed a whole lot. 


That is my favorite movie from every year I’ve been alive, and this is going to continue with some more favorite lists this week.


Comments

jan said…
Very fun, Zack!!