Upcoming DC Comic Movies Ranked by Excitement



Last week DC Fandome happened and we got 8 panels from DC directors, cast, and producers on upcoming projects that they are doing. And with that we got 5 trailers. So this blog post is going to be ranking Upcoming DC Comic Movies Ranked by Excitement


8. Aquaman 2: I enjoyed that first Aquaman, it’s a dumb fun movie. And I wasn’t too surprised that they said it’s going to get a sequel because the movie made over 1 billion dollars. But the DC Fandome panel didn’t really give us anything. The panel had James Wan (the director) and Patrick Wilson (Ocean Master) and all we learned is that it is going to be a lot darker and that Patrick Wilson is returning for the movie. That’s not a lot to get me excited for the movie, but still I’m excited for it. I will be opening weekend watching the movie, but with what they have given us so far it is my least anticipated movie. 


7. Justice League: The Snyder Cut: The backstory for the 2017 Justice League is one of the weirdest behind the scenes stories ever. Zack Snyder’s daughter committed suicide in the middle of production so Joss Whedon (director of Avengers 1&2) came to finish it up, that’s problem number 1. Problem 2 Warner Brothers told Zack Snyder he needs to make it funnier, and make it under 2 hours. And the Snyder Cut this 4 hour long version of Justice League, I’m not that excited for. I enjoyed the Justice League that we did get a good bit (more than most people). But getting a true verison of Zack Snyder’s Justice League has me somewhat excited but not excited to put it any higher on the list. 


6. Black Adam: A comic book movie starring Dwayne Johnson is something that I would enjoy...Black Adam though is a weird pick. Black Adam is this anti-hero who wants to take over the world. The Rock doesn’t give off that vibe. Now I’m a big fan of The Rock and I want him to do well, but this casting doesn’t feel right to me. I do like that they are introducing some other DC heroes such as Doctor Fate, Hawkman, and Atom-Smasher into the movie and seeing another DC supervillain origin story is great because I was a big fan of Joker. So it is one that I need to see a trailer for the movie and some casting for the movie, but still I’m excited for it. 


5. SHAZAM! Fury of the Gods: When they announced that DC was making a SHAZAM! movie I thought it was a bad idea and the movie was going to be bad. But when the movie came out I enjoyed it, and seeing more of Zachary Levi doing a superhero version of Big I’m excited for that...once again. But similar to Aquaman 2 we don’t have much about the actual story of the movie the movie is suppose to come out in November 2022, so we are still a ways away but once I see some casting and the story that they are going with this could bump up my list. 


4. The Flash: A couple of months back this movie would have made the bottom of the list. But a couple months back they said that Michael Keaton is returning to play 1989 Batman. And about a 10ish days ago they said Ben Affleck is returning as Batman. Those two things bumped it up to 4th spot on my list. And they said the multiverse is going to be a big part in the movie which has me excited. And also I enjoyed Ezra Miller as the Flash in Justice League. He was fun and his costume was weird (the way he ran was weird). And what they said the part that Ben Affleck would be playing as the emotional force for the movie has me once again...excited 


3. Wonder Woman 1984: This movie is hopefully coming out in October 2020. And it’s one that I’m very excited about. Wonder Woman is my favorite DCEU movie (my review is now up on my blog). But the trailers have had this fun 80s vibe around them and that is what makes me excited for it. Something feels like the DCEU trying their version of Thor Ragnarok and that has me excited. But one of my favorite things about the first Wonder Woman was the dynamic between Gal Gadot and Chris Pine so I like that we are going to get more of that in this film, and so put the pieces together and you get a movie that I’m very excited about. And hopefully get to see it in October. 


2. The Suicide Squad: I was excited for this movie before the panel but after watching the panel it bumped up on my list. James Gunn from what I have heard with his movies has a dark sense of humor. Some of that was in the Guardians of the Galaxy movies so mixing James Gunn and the Suicide Squad sounds like it’s going to be epic. And the cast with Idris Elba, Margot Robbie, John Cena, Takia Waititi, Nathan Fillion, Jai Courtney, and Michael Rooker that is a fun set of actors for this movie. And with what James Gunn said, it is going to feel like a 1970s war film that sound epic as well. So when the movie comes out in August 2021 I will be the opening night to watch this movie. 


1. The Batman: Before the panel this was my most anticipated movie of 2021...but after watching that epic trailer this is easily my most anticipated movie of 2021. That trailer was one of my favorite trailers of the last couple of years. The dark tone for the movie has me excited and I hope that it is Rated R so we get to see Batman being a crime fighting machine. And when they cast Robert Pattinson as Batman, I thought, “What are they doing?” And then I watched the trailer and I have a feeling he is going to be one of the best Batmans we have ever seen. Robert Pattinson, Zoe Kravitz, Colin Farrell, Andy Serkis, Jeffery Wright, and Paul Dano. That cast sounds great to me. So put the pieces together and you get one of my most anticipated movies of all time. 


That is my ranking of the 8 upcoming DC Comic Movies Ranked by Excitement. I also plan on doing this for the upcoming MCU movies ranked by excitement. And my Justice League review will be dropping soon. 


Comments

jan said…
Of course Batman has to be #1!! Good job, Mr. Z!!
MikeDeCicco said…
Batman does look pretty amazing