Top 10 Favorite Animated Movies


Top 10 Favorite Animated Movies


The animated genre is one of the biggest genres in movies history. And today I wanted to my do first Top 10 list and giving you guys my Top 10 Favorite Animated Movies


Honorable Mentions:

  • Wall-E

  • Finding Nemo

  • Big Hero 6 

  • The LEGO Batman Movie 

  • Wreck-it-Ralph 

  • Onward 

  • Spider-Man: Into the Spider Verse


10. Toy Story: The first Pixar Movie is a great movie. The movie has one of the greatest duos in any movie ever with Woody and Buzz Lightyear. And this is one of the most celebrate animated movies of all time because on how fun, funny, and heartfelt it can be. Also it was the first computer animated film. Sure maybe now the animation style isn’t the best. But it is a fun movie with a character arc for both Woody and Buzz and is one of my favorite animated movies of all time. 


9. Monsters Inc.: Like Toy Story this movie movie has one of the all time great movie duos with Mike and Sully. It takes a concept of monsters under the bed and turns it upside down, and you see they are nice people just trying to pay the bills and power the city. Once Boo shows up the dynamic changes and get better, and just this is one of the things that I think Pixar does best is having fun characters, a fun world, and emotions and this movie is the ultimate example of that. I love this movie. 


8. Toy Story 4: When Pixar announced the in June 2019 we were going to be getting a Toy Story 4. It didn’t sound like a good idea. And then the movie came out, and wow, did Pixar prove me wrong. I like that the movie is focused on Woody, all of the previous Toy Story movies centered around Woody but this movie we learn there is still more to tell about Woody’s story. And I love this movie so much and one of my absolute favorite movies of 2019, and maybe the funniest of the Toy Story movies 


7. Beauty and the Beast: This Disney Animated Classic has great characters, great music, great story, great emotions, and put all the together and you get this fun and heartfelt film, that is one of Disney’s absolute best Animated or Live Action films. “Be Our Guest” is one of my favorite Disney songs it gets stuck in your head every time I listen to it. But the romance between Belle and Beast is interesting, because the message of the story is “don’t judge a book by it’s cover”, and Belle didn’t judge just because he is a big hairy beast deep down inside of he is a good guy, and that is powerful stuff that makes a for a great animated movie and it has a great villain with Gaston. 


6. Toy Story 3: This is my favorite of the Toy Story movies where this a prison escape film, that takes place in this dark and mysterious day care and it build a certain level of intrigue. I think this movie all introduces the best new characters in the Toy Story franchise with Lotso, Ken, and all of Bonnie’s toys. Lotso is my personal favorite of the Toy Story villains where his backstory is heartbreaking and so you understand where he is coming from when he does evil things. And of course the movies comes to one of the most satisfying and emotional scenes in any movie history. 


5. The Nightmare Before Christmas: This might be the most underrated Disney Animated Movie of all time. This movie has some of the most unique movie animation style where it is almost like claymation but they way it is used is just great. I love the character of Jack Skellington he is one of the most interesting characters that he is this icon in Halloween Town but once he brings the Christmas decorations to the town, the people are treating it differently and so he has to teaching Halloween Town about Christmas. The songs here are also very underrated. “This is Halloween” and “What’s This?” are some of the most under looked Disney songs that I think are some of Disney’s best.  


4. Aladdin: This film has one of the best voice acting performances of all time with Robin Williams as the Genie. He is so much fun and steals every single scene that he is in. The movie also my personal favorite Disney song of all time with “A Friend Like Me”. I think the movie is also a ton of fun, it moves very quickly when there isn’t a song or action scene there is humor, so it is never boring. But the characters are fun in their own ways Aladdin, The Genie, Jasmine, Carpet, and Abu make for great characters in this movie. And Jafar is a creepy and great villain. 


3. The LEGO Movie: When this movie came out it was my favorite movie of all time for years. I have seen this movie about a half of a billion times and can quote along with this movie as I’m watching it. (This is also the movie I have seen the most time in theaters I saw it 4 times). But this is just a fun adventure s in a fun world with a set of fun characters played by great actors. But the stand-out is how funny this movie is, it’s not little kid fart jokes no it’s clever humor that keeps outdoing it self with every joke. My personal favorite being when Batman and Benny go to sneak into the the base, and Batman throws a dozen Batarangs and once he hits he says “First try”. (Even though it wasn’t). And the family dynamic in the third act of the film brings a certain level of humanness to a very goofy and wild movie. 


2. The Lion King: This film is just fantastic. This movie has one of the best opening scenes in any movie ever. It has some of the best Disney songs of all time. But one of the best things about this movie is that it’s a film that kids and can like and understand but adults watch the movie in a different way with the themes and emotions in the movie. But of course this movie has a great set of characters and you care about them. Scar is my favorite Disney Animated Villain of all time, and put all of the pieces together and you get not only one of my favorite animated movies of all time. But also one of my favorite movies of all time. 


1. The Incredibles: For me this is Pixar at it’s best. I think it has some of the best characters in Pixar, best action, and might be the most entertaining animated and Pixar film of all time. I love the action where you can see everything that is going on and it it’s just very exciting. This movie also has such memorable quotes like “We’ll get there, when we get there” and “When everyone’s super...no one will be”. This movie doesn’t have the best emotions in Pixar and but it has the best entertainment, and I really like Syndrome as this twist and reveal villain and you understand where he is coming from. All of it is fantastic and makes for my favorite animated movie of all time. 


That is my Top 10 Favorite Animated Movie of All Time. Hope you guys enjoyed and let me know what other Top 10 lists I should do. And my Live Free or Die Hard Review is dropping this Friday, July 17th.  


Comments

Unknown said…
The Incredibles is one of my favorites too!
ZMovies! said…
It's pretty great! Thanks for reading!