Legends of Tomorrow Seasons Ranked


Legends of Tomorrow Seasons Ranked


About a month ago the final episode of Season 5 of Legends of Tomorrow aired, and I’ve been watching this show since episode 1. And it has been a show that I have enjoyed for 5 years now. So here is my ranking of Legends of Tomorrow


5. Season 4: In my opinion, this season just felt flat at almost everything it was going for. This show has always been very kindly goofy, but this season just went goofy and over the top and it didn’t really work for me. Beyond that, they gave Gary this would-they / wouldn’t-they relationship with a character named Mona, who is even more annoying than him. That didn’t work. There is this scene where Nate asks Mona what he thinks about Gary, but Mona thinks he is talking about this werewolf creature, and so there is this weird love triangle between the people and a werewolf. And this is one of the weaker villains because you know that he is out there but you don’t feel him as a threat the Legends need to stop. On the positive side, in my opinion, is the best that John Constatine has ever been, they dive deep into his backstory and his past catching up to him, very interesting stuff. And it was nice to see Tom Wilson (Biff Tannen in Back to the Future) in this season, he added this extra layer on the whole thing. Overall, this is by far the weakest season of the show, and not a season that worked for me. 


4. Season 5: Coming after Season 4 which wasn’t the best, this season was a nice return to form for the show it does best, and that is having this fun time travel story. They find a new and creative way to bring historical figures back, with these tokens from hell, interesting because it is something different from what we have seen in the show so far. Also I really enjoyed the two episode arc of Ray and Nora’s wedding and them leaving the team. Seeing Ray leave was one of the most emotional scenes in all of the Arrowverse. And beyond that I thought this season had a more focused story, Season 4 had a few too many things going on, this season the Legends need to stop people from hell and stop them from releasing historical figures into the real world. Negatives are, what they did with Zari was really weird, they have the other Zari go into the wind totem, and she is replaced with her brother, and a new version of Zari who is this girl who created this million dollar make- company didn’t really work for me. Also the villains here are also not that great, the only interesting thing about them is that they are Charlie’s sisters but the performances didn’t sell me as a menacing threat that the Legends need to stop. And in the final 5 episodes of the show they have Sara losing her eyesight and having superpowers to see in the future, the plot line fell flat and felt unnecessary in the season as a whole. 


3. Season 3: This is one of the more fun seasons in the entire Arrowverse, I think this season has one of the better villains, Malus who poses this threat the wants to use totem to destroy the world (sounds like Avengers Infinity War), and you know he is out there and the way he is written and used he is this threat that you want the Legends to take out. The season as a whole is very fun, there are not really any bad episodes in the season, and the humor is one point as one of the more funnier seasons of the show. There are also a lot of stand out episodes where Damien and Nora Darhk take Ray hostage, and the fun that happens there. An episode where Sara turns evil, and the season finale where Beebo is the one to take down Malus in the end is just fun stuff. And I think this is the best Kid-Flash has been, the way he is used in the seasons really worked for me. With the negatives, in the season finale where the Legends use the totem to create Beebo to destroy Mallus it seems weird that Wally was one of the people and not Ray one of the founding members of the show, that part has always bugged me about the episode and the season. Also I thought it was a bit weird that they brought Damien Darhk back for a second season as one of the main villains of the show, the show and Arrowverse does this a lot and I wish they found a new villain for this season. But besides that this is just this fun season of the show. 


2. Season 1: I know some people are critical of this season but for me I found this season to be a pretty good kick-off to the show. I like the fact that they got the side characters from The Flash and Arrow to come and be main characters on this show, getting to see the hopeful Ray Palmer interact with Mick Rory this grumpy criminal just great little moments like this and team-ups that worked for me and were fun to see. I also enjoy the places they went in this season with Star City 2046, and got to see this old Oliver Queen years after being the Green Arrow, and a western themed episode with Jonah Hex. In my opinion the final two episodes of the show are some of the best of the show, where you have Snart’s sacrifice in Episode 15, and Sara learning about Laurel’s death in Episode 16 just emotion moments in this season, that make this a pretty good season of this show. And since this season is only 16 episodes long, I think the story here is better, and there isn’t filler or episodes stretched way too long. (Example: Cicada in Flash Season 5). Negatives, I have never been a fan of Hawkgirl or Hawkman, I thought they were terribly mis cast as these pretty cool DC Comics characters, I wish they got better actors to portray them. And with Vandal Savage he also wasn’t that good because his plan was to make Hawkgirl his wife, and just weird stuff like that, and just fell flat for me. This is a season that I have fun with, and just a pretty good season. 


1. Season 2: For me Season 2 is Legends of Tomorrow is the series in its prime. This is just a super fun season, and for me there is not a single bad episode in the season as a whole, each episode ranges from good to great. Also I think this season has by far the best villains for the series with the Legion of Doom, I know some people didn’t care for them as much because they were three characters that were already used in Flash and Arrow, and it’s only three members as opposed to main more members. I can understand that, it just wasn’t the case for me. I enjoy Neal McDonough, John Barrowman, and Matt Letscher in the roles so to see back in Legends of Tomorrow was just fun to see, and I really enjoyed the episode dedicated to them titled Legion of Doom. Their mission was very clear and pretty threatening that you want the Legends to take them out. This is just a season that I think has the best villain, the best season long plot line, and the best new character in Nate Haywood or Steel who just has the energy about him that makes him so likeable, and also the departure of Hawkgirl and Hawkman is a plus. So this season as a whole is the best Legends of Tomorrow has to offer. 


That was my ranking of the 5 seasons of Legends of Tomorrow. I plan on ranking Arrow’s seasons this October when the series turns 9 years old. And Flash will happen when Season 7 comes to an end, and Supergirl once I get all caught up. 


Comments